Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    Got to be the dullest champions league final ever

No, been a few 0-0 draws that have gone to penalties.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Ahhh looking like another potless season for the Scousers. Beautiful.

Nooooo !!!

What have you done?

I will personally blame you if they win anything.
    Ahhh looking like another potless season for the Scousers. Beautiful.

Omg you’ve cursed it now , I’ll come back to this comment when they’re celebrating the Premiership and Champions League double ....

And we are gonna piss the playoffs.
    I already know we've lost in the final , so i'm prepared for that 
    This and Gary's posts aged so well.
  • Options
    The most insufferable fan's on the planet will now be even worse than ever. 
    I dread bumping into any bin dippers on holiday. 
  • Options
    Phew .... 
    the lesser of two evils by a long way ... 
    piss off spuds 
    imagine life on earth if they’d won ... no don’t too painful .... 
    one of the downsides living north of the river is too many spurs West Ham and Arsenal but I’ve seen one palace and one scum fan locally the 12 years I’ve lived over here 
  • Options
    Didn’t watch it . Couldn’t find a TV channel showing the game in black and white and with an analogue signal like the last time that Spurs won anything of note . Didn’t feel right somehow to bother with it in that case . 
  • Options
    It’s the hope that kills you.  FFS.

• Options
    Spurs choking, not something you often see at the end of a football season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    The self proclaimed "Best league in the world" produces a shit fest of a match played in, what seemed to be, a bit of a strange atmosphere. It happens I guess, but like the previous all-Prem final in the week, it almost had the sense of a pre-season friendly about it. Very Strange.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    The self proclaimed "Best league in the world" produces a shit fest of a match played in, what seemed to be, a bit of a strange atmosphere. It happens I guess, but like the previous all-Prem final in the week, it almost had the sense of a pre-season friendly about it. Very Strange.
    Perfect was hoping 6-0 after the early one then thought no don’t want Liverpool fans being happy seeing millions of replays of that forever .
    it was perfect a penalty 25 seconds in  , all over and a dull nondescript let’s scrub  it from everyone’s memory final .
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Did have all 4 finalists to be fair.

The 3 week gap told, players weren't quite right.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Did have all 4 finalists to be fair.

The 3 week gap told, players weren't quite right.
    Yes, and what a couple of finals they were!
  • Options
    Really dull final last night I agree (didn't watch Wednesday), but my point was you can't really use that as a stick to beat the PL teams with when they beat the competition.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Off_it said:
    Liverpool knocked out Bayern (German champs), Porto (2nd in portugal) and Barcelona (spanish champs)
    Spurs beat Dortmund (German runners up), Man city (English champs) and Ajax (Dutch champs).

So 4 european league champions beaten en route, plus having all 4 European finalists lays a fairly good claim to being the current best league in the world.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Liverpool knocked out Bayern (German champs), Porto (2nd in portugal) and Barcelona (spanish champs)
    Spurs beat Dortmund (German runners up), Man city (English champs) and Ajax (Dutch champs).

So 4 european league champions beaten en route, plus having all 4 European finalists lays a fairly good claim to being the current best league in the world.
    Could add as well that Man Utd beat the French Champions

I know they didnt reach the Final but like you say, apart from Juventus and Benfica all big League winners were defeated by an English side
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Of course. But if you just watched the two finals you would be forgiven for wondering what all the fuss is about.

But as I said, it happens.

Doesnt wholly explain the weird atmospheres though, but maybe it just never came across well.
  • Options
    Well i think we all know why the atmosphere in Baku was shit.

As for last night, the atmosphere seemed fine pre-game and in the fan parks. Maybe it's a combination of the average fan being priced out of a ticket, over half the ground (35k) being corporates and the game was dire, so not really much in the way of excitement to get the fans going.
  • Options
    There were a few incidents here but a tiny minority of the English fans were involved and happily it passed without any big trouble. I must have seen at least twenty Liverpool fans for every Spurs one but to be fair they were on good form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need to have a rule that gives 75% of the stadium to the clubs. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    It’s the hope that kills you.  FFS.

The fact that Liverpool seemed Sluggish and turned up with their B game was a great opportunity for Spurs but they missed a trick by not playing Lucas Moura who could of posed a different threat. Ali gets picked regardless by Pochettino,  he lost his marker a few times and took up some decent positions but looked blunt when he got the ball.
    That was Liverpool's second worse CL performance this season, Red Star was worse but Liverpool bizarrely played better in the away leg at Barcelona than last night.
    Spurs were toothless despite having the lion share of the play.

I like the manager and players of this Merseyside club but like others on CL just can't stand their fans.

• Options
    I travelled to watch it in a bar with other winemaker friends. I arrived at kickoff. By the time I walked in the bar it was 1-0. So as boring as it was for all you, it was even more boring for me given I missed the opening. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The Liverpool supporting pundits all going on about how it doesn't matter how the game was won - "all that matters is the win, nothing else matters". Not what the millions of uncommitted viewers felt. A borefest.
  • Options
    Stupid penalty to give away. It looked like he’d done a spread bet on first goal.

Generally crap game after that.

Quite a good goal to finish it off. 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    The Liverpool supporting pundits all going on about how it doesn't matter how the game was won - "all that matters is the win, nothing else matters". Not what the millions of uncommitted viewers felt. A borefest.
    Like Lineker, Ferdinand and Hoddle, you mean?
  • Options
    Let's face it our playoff final against Sunderland wasn't exactly a thrill a minute occasion either for any neutrals watching!

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    On holiday in Spain. One big positive for me tonight - I now know how to say "I hope they both lose" in Spanish.
    Oh, so this x 100
  • Options
    I travelled to watch it in a bar with other winemaker friends. I arrived at kickoff. By the time I walked in the bar it was 1-0. So as boring as it was for all you, it was even more boring for me given I missed the opening. 
    Ah...my dad used to make elderflower and peapod. Great stuff.
  • Options
    The most disappointing aspect of the final was the split second given to the female streaker. As I was watching with my old Dad I decided against going back for a second look.
    It turns out she is a model and the stunt was to promote her and her Boyfriend's video business.
    I guess Kinsey Wolanski started off as a Pole dancer.