Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Villa stayed up so cross them off the list
  • Options
    I’d laugh my head off if his big move ended up being someone like Blackburn. What with Covid and his stance over not playing he might find his suitors dwindling in number.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    robroy said:
    So I met Taylor the day England played and won on penalties to Columbia. He was a nice lad and full of himself, it was his first pre season with us. Anyway he got smashed off his face and I have pics of him asleep in a bar. 

We have messaged over there years to laugh about it. I sent him a message last night and he sent a heart. Not sure if he is taking the piss of not 

Edit: I did not take the pics, I was away with work and all the work lads were snapping 
    FFS, the state of that message. 
    Harsh

But funny
  • Options
    He has made a terrible mistake, if he had stayed with us, he would have helped us stay up and when our rich new owners complete the sale, he would have got a big fat contract ..... :)
  • Options
    As someone who bought his pink boots on the first occasion he auctioned them off and then received them on the pitch with my kids from him I can assure you he was truly grateful and humble that I’d paid whatever it was for them for charity and how much it meant to him ....Either that or he’s a great actor 
    He's a strange mix of characteristics; seems genuine in some ways but the opposite in others
  • Options
    I think it’s evident that Taylor’s attitude and refusal to play relegated us.

Its also quite clear that Taylor is probably a narcissist, from his arrogant stance after scoring or his penalty walk up. To his ridiculous haircut, to dying it pink and pretending it’s about a family member who had cancer.

The family member may have had cancer but it had nothing to do with that, rather, more self publicity for Taylor!
    Yeah he is arrogant - no question.  The cancer comment Is shitty though and not needed. 

Its also quite clear that Taylor is probably a narcissist, from his arrogant stance after scoring or his penalty walk up. To his ridiculous haircut, to dying it pink and pretending it’s about a family member who had cancer.

The family member may have had cancer but it had nothing to do with that, rather, more self publicity for Taylor!
    You’ve turned a 10/10 post into a 5/10 post. The cancer comment went to far.

Mmmmmm......I think one or two comments there are a bit OTT to be fair.
    Not that I am defending his outrageous actions in any way shape or form.

Now that Taylor’s character has been exposed by his selfish behaviour (think Cullen and Field) towards the club, management, teammates and us supporters, who he has totally shat on and effectively relegated our club and the inevitable fallout from that for everyone connected with our club! 

I feel I’m perfectly within my right to challenge his real motivation in his supposed support for cancer awareness? 

Is he really doing that or just feeding his own ego? He certainly comes across as a two faced snake in the grass.

Just think of those who currently own or don’t own our club, isn’t Elliott pretending he feels our pain and aren’t we all saying what a load of BOLLOX!

Taylor’s behaviour has led me to think he cares about no one but himself.

Just unsaddle and get off your high horses.

I repeat, I’m not knocking anyone raising awareness for cancer or any other worthy cause, I’m simply raising questions about Taylor’s true motivation, as horrendous as that may be to some of you!

You are quite right, Taylor did shite on the Club, nobody is questioning that. Personally I don’t mind a bit of arrogance from a player on the pitch - you have to be able to back that up and Taylor can. The way he went about things by refusing to play is unforgivable. 

But that has got nothing to do with his Cancer. If Taylor dying his hair pink and saying “look at me” raises money for Cancer awareness then good for him. The cancer thing is clearly something that is close to Taylor’s heart so questioning his motivation behind it is a cheap shot.

You have an opinion, and that’s fair enough, but bringing Cancer In to it is just wrong and something you didn’t need to do...I’ll just unsaddle myself from my high horse now.....
    I'll unsaddle myself from my pony.
  • Options
    Sky reporting that Brentford are talking to Peterborough about Ivan Toney.

Cross them off your list Lyle. Looks like the pool is slowly shrinking.......
    Would certainly fit Brentford's usual type of signing. Young, good potential, chance to double their money within 2 years. Also read Rangers were after Toney as a replacement for Morelos.
  • Options
    Bournemouth coming down, and losing Wilson they might be interested
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i cant see Brentford getting Toney

Apparently Peterborough have rejected a 5M bod from Celtic for him, Brentford wont pay much more than that, its not their style.

Dunno why Darragh Macanthony thinknas a League 1 club he can demend so much for Toney lol, how much is he expecting £10M  :D  :D
  • Options
    i cant see Brentford getting Toney

Apparently Peterborough have rejected a 5M bod from Celtic for him, Brentford wont pay much more than that, its not their style.

Dunno why Darragh Macanthony thinknas a League 1 club he can demend so much for Toney lol, how much is he expecting £10M  :D  :D
    Reckon he will get near 10m for Toney tbh. If not, 7 at a minimum. Relegated Premier League clubs will be desperate to go back up and will have cash to throw around with their Parachute Payments.
  • Options
    Why are Rangers and Celtic suddenly linked to every player in lower English leagues? Never known them to be mentioned as rumours so much as the last 6 months or so. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dave2l said:
    He's simply just a human being.

Mixed bag of positive and negative behaviour. Objectively speaking. Shot himself in the foot with a very large shotgun a few months ago.

I think he's currently being more of a bellend because he's in pain due to the fact that no one within the football fan public domain likes or respects him anymore.

Ego is being rattled. It's a struggle. 

He's fighting against it and not entirely sure what his next move will be.

He contributed towards our relegation. It's partly because he simply just didn't care enough.

Can't be forgiven.

I'm still surprised bowyer said he was a player that needed the arm round the shoulder. 
    Couldn't take criticism. Was a tad sensitive. 

I thought he'd have been the crazy outspoken dressing room gobby sort. 

I think he’s a very complex character.

A fella who used to be one of my best friends was quite similar in many ways. Very charismatic, intelligent etc but also very prone to making some odd decisions when it came to the people around him (friends, family, work etc) - and it usually comes down to ego. 

Lyle strikes me as that type who is confident in himself that he doesn’t need to be gobby in the dressing room - because for the most part he had all the adulation/respect he needed from his peers and fans.

But now that same respect isn’t there because he doesn’t have a club and his reputation has taken a hit. Remember when he was injured last season and he wasn’t playing? It’s no coincidence that’s when he became more outspoken on social media than ever. Something needs to fill the attention void. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Dave2l said:
    He's simply just a human being.

Mixed bag of positive and negative behaviour. Objectively speaking. Shot himself in the foot with a very large shotgun a few months ago.

I think he's currently being more of a bellend because he's in pain due to the fact that no one within the football fan public domain likes or respects him anymore.

Ego is being rattled. It's a struggle. 

He's fighting against it and not entirely sure what his next move will be.

He contributed towards our relegation. It's partly because he simply just didn't care enough.

Can't be forgiven.

I'm still surprised bowyer said he was a player that needed the arm round the shoulder. 
    Couldn't take criticism. Was a tad sensitive. 

I thought he'd have been the crazy outspoken dressing room gobby sort. 

I think he’s a very complex character.

A fella who used to be one of my best friends was quite similar in many ways. Very charismatic, intelligent etc but also very prone to making some odd decisions when it came to the people around him (friends, family, work etc) - and it usually comes down to ego. 

Lyle strikes me as that type who is confident in himself that he doesn’t need to be gobby in the dressing room - because for the most part he had all the adulation/respect he needed from his peers and fans.

But now that same respect isn’t there because he doesn’t have a club and his reputation has taken a hit. Remember when he was injured last season and he wasn’t playing? It’s no coincidence that’s when he became more outspoken on social media than ever. Something needs to fill the attention void. 

Indeed.

Partially explains why this thread has 175 pages.

In terms of "character", there's no one else quite like him in football at present.
    Troy Deeney is outspoken and a tad troubled. Plays upront. Bit similar I guess.

It can and could be quite a lonely place. We know his actions are unnecessary but I don't think he can help it. If this was all sorted done and dusted...he would have had a club by now. 
    I think he basically pretty much just ran off!

He's got the mood swing package and he randomly feels quite strongly about certain subjects.

He also goes back on his word. I don't actually think it's a deep cunning thought process.

Just don't think he's solid enough in the head.

It's just empty and it's pretty sad.

Such a frustrating annoying nobhead.

The worst most unpredictable selfish thing about him hit home at precisely the wrong time!
  • Options
    Just popping in for some good news...

So.  No fatal electrocution dropping his all in one 3 power setting male grooming kit in the bath?

Bollox! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So I thought I would type his name into twitter to see if there were any rumours and I saw 2 forest fans arguing about him, this one made me laugh acting like forest are a massive club, I love when he says he wouldn't dare refuse to play for them 🤣🤣

When were the last time Forest were in the premier league? Massive club!!!!
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Bournemouth coming down, and losing Wilson they might be interested
    Unlikely as that's one of the myriad of clubs he's Taylor has previously failed at.
  • Options
    So I thought I would type his name into twitter to see if there were any rumours and I saw 2 forest fans arguing about him, this one made me laugh acting like forest are a massive club, I love when he says he wouldn't dare refuse to play for them 🤣🤣

When were the last time Forest were in the premier league? Massive club!!!!
    Don’t forget they won the European cup twice about 700 years ago - not that they like to mention it. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Take off the rose tinted glasses guys. The sad truth is that by any measure they are a club of higher stature than us.  For those that are in any doubt, I give you Exhibit A.  
    Not arguing that, they aren’t as big as what they think they are. Slap bang average championship club (I would take that)
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Take off the rose tinted glasses guys. The sad truth is that by any measure they are a club of higher stature than us.  For those that are in any doubt, I give you Exhibit A.  
    Give them our troubles and couple seasons in league one, see how big they are then....