Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    I'd kinda forgotten about this w@nker until I saw a skybet (i think ) advert the other day in which he features heavily, in a Charlton shirt too! Made my blood boil tbh! Glad its gone badly for him on the pitch, but he won't care i guess.
  • Options
    Its one thing being a good footballer and another being a good human being.

Sadly this prick has proved over the last couple of seasons that he is neither.
    The family of the poor lady that passed away will disagree.
  • Options
    Don’t think Lyle is a bad person was great for us on and off the field very disappointed at the way he left and I am certain we would have stayed up had he played but he had his reasons 
  • Options
    Don’t think Lyle is a bad person was great for us on and off the field very disappointed at the way he left and I am certain we would have stayed up had he played but he had his reasons 
    Welcome to Charlton life Lyle. 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    One year at big school, now heading back to the infants...
    With a pocket full of cash which he wouldn't have had if he stayed with us 
    Which is what it's all about.
    Taylor will not be in the slightest bit concerned.  He set himself up for life joining Forest.  Good luck to him.
    Life is not all about money.
  • Options
    doronron said:
    Taylor will not be in the slightest bit concerned.  He set himself up for life joining Forest.  Good luck to him.
    It is for him.
  • Options
    Its painful this thread.
  • Options
    Its one thing being a good footballer and another being a good human being.

Sadly this prick has proved over the last couple of seasons that he is neither.
    The family of the poor lady that passed away will disagree.

Well said Elf's.

Mixing up a football career and selfishness with what the person is like away from his work is common among fans.

Maybe after Scott Parker left in a tantrum I was determined never to be upset again at the player who moves on.
    Not seeing out his contract was the issue with the man once known as 'Lyle Taylor baby' but now known as Cxxt ( am I allowed to say Clot ?)

My opinion on the two occasions we had a chat was he had a giant ego, which he needed to become a professional and he said he went to war with the defenders marking him, but he does have redeeming qualities ?

Loyalty to cafc fans and colleges proved not to be one of them when making sure he was fit to pass the medical and make himself a couple of Million over two years.

I know of a Few CL members who have sold their grannies for less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Its painful this thread.
    So are you.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Its painful this thread.
    So are you.
    KY jelly is your friend.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Its painful this thread.
    So are you.
    KY jelly is your friend.
    Don't be so disgusting.
  • Options
    doronron said:
    A journeyman footballer's career is short. Why should he put Charlton over his bank balance?
    Because he was contracted to do so.  It's been gone over a thousand times but in reality at the end of every season there are hundreds of players across the country who's contracts are finishing but okay to the last minute of the last game as they are contracted to do so and are professionals.  Taylor chose not to fulfil his contract let alone extend it for a month or so to finish the season.  

And the above was after the club had paid him well for a big chunk of the season whilst he was injured.  We acted honorably, he didn't.

He is early the type that won't care but it does not make what he did right and simply saying "he got a big bank balance" doesn't change that.
    Be another hundred thousand times before we stop talking about him
  • Options
    doronron said:
    A journeyman footballer's career is short. Why should he put Charlton over his bank balance?
    Because he was contracted to do so.  It's been gone over a thousand times but in reality at the end of every season there are hundreds of players across the country who's contracts are finishing but okay to the last minute of the last game as they are contracted to do so and are professionals.  Taylor chose not to fulfil his contract let alone extend it for a month or so to finish the season.  

And the above was after the club had paid him well for a big chunk of the season whilst he was injured.  We acted honorably, he didn't.

He is early the type that won't care but it does not make what he did right and simply saying "he got a big bank balance" doesn't change that.
    I have never contested that what he did was wrong, I purely understand why he did it.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    doronron said:

I have never contested that what he did was wrong, I purely understand why he did it.
    I understand why a mugger chooses an old lady for a victim. Obviously don't agree with it but it's the way of the world and it is a bit naive to think otherwise.
  • Options
    Mirror reporting that he’s on his way to Stoke
  • Options
    Going to see the pottery?
  • Options
    Scored two for Montserrat today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Wasn’t he worried about getting injured?
    Why would he be worried if he is still under contract at Forest? 
  • Options
    I'd have him back no question. Forgive and forget.
    Fuck that fuck him. It's like getting back with your ex who shagged your best mate.
    you must be devastated
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Wasn’t he worried about getting injured?
    Why would he be worried if he is still under contract at Forest? 
    Tell Forest he's got a bit of a twinge and can he sit next season out to get better.
  • Options
    That would be fun - for me!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    That would be fun - for me!
    Destroy him Bob!
  • Options
    Both assisted by Caballé.