Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Shithouse 
  • He was loved and wanted at Charlton.
    It wasn't a big thing for him
    Perhaps he’s learnt a lesson from that decision. 
  • He was loved and wanted at Charlton.
    It wasn't a big thing for him
    Perhaps he’s learnt a lesson from that decision. 
    Well he did leave us to go to what he called “big school”.
  • bloke was mustard for us - the way he left and got us relegated on the other hand would gladly see him struggle
  • I Hope in the future when he wants to sign a contract, someone will say, "Have you ever failed to meet your contractual obligations?"
  • I Hope in the future when he wants to sign a contract, someone will say, "Have you ever failed to meet your contractual obligations?"

That'll be when Taylor swiftly turns into Vicky Pollard
  • Nice penalty. Imagine this felt like a World Cup moment for him. What a man. What a human. He's definitely a blue now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He couldn’t get a game at Forest and now at Millwall of the north knocking in the odd goal mainly pens. 
    Twat 
  • I just see him as a product of the modern day game, and the greed that exists within the game.
    If anyone should have a major gripe with him, it should be Lee Bowyer. 
    Yet Bowyer signs him again, why? because Bowyer wants to keep his job at Birmingham now, and what happened with Taylor at Charlton is now irrelevant to both of them.

It matters to us the fans, but not them.

Loyalty, honesty and integrity has all but disappeared in the modern game, and I doubt we'll ever see the likes of a one club man like Keithie Peacock ever again.
    And yet for all the gnashing of teeth when he arrived, if Jackson re-signed Taylor and he scored the goals that got us promoted the fans would forget all about what Lyle did before. Success beats out all manner of behaviours.
    There is an endless list of players who have done bad things, much worse than what Taylor did however they all get forgiven and end up playing week in week out whilst being applauded.  
  • He couldn’t get a game at Forest and now at Millwall of the north knocking in the odd goal mainly pens. 
    Twat 
    4 goals in 9 games in a struggling Birmingham side, including 1 penalty.
  • I just see him as a product of the modern day game, and the greed that exists within the game.
    If anyone should have a major gripe with him, it should be Lee Bowyer. 
    Yet Bowyer signs him again, why? because Bowyer wants to keep his job at Birmingham now, and what happened with Taylor at Charlton is now irrelevant to both of them.

It matters to us the fans, but not them.

Loyalty, honesty and integrity has all but disappeared in the modern game, and I doubt we'll ever see the likes of a one club man like Keithie Peacock ever again.
    And yet for all the gnashing of teeth when he arrived, if Jackson re-signed Taylor and he scored the goals that got us promoted the fans would forget all about what Lyle did before. Success beats out all manner of behaviours.
    Indeed. Just as we welcomed back Killer and Flash all those years ago.
    How long did Flanny go on strike for? 
    All was forgotten when they came back and started scoring again!
  • He was decent for us but I feel over hyped.  Max open play goals in L1 in a season is something like 14 (once you strip out penalties).  It's not that great.
  • He was decent for us but I feel over hyped.  Max open play goals in L1 in a season is something like 14 (once you strip out penalties).  It's not that great.
    Didn't really matter that he wasn't available for those final games then?
  • Sponsored links:

• His name come up chatting to a mate tonight. 

Tell you what, I loved watching him play for us. Im sure he’ll look back and see it as the best form of his career. Sad how it ended but my ire has softened and I’d probably give him a clap if we crossed paths again now. There was clearly all sorts going on behind the scenes at the time.

He thrived on being our main man, and in a rarity of the last 15 years, actually delivered. 

I like Stockley and I like Washington, but they are well below what we had with Taylor. 
    100% this. 
  • I was having a coffee in the cafe this morning, reading the paper, minding my own business. 

Casually I turned the page, only to be confronted with this giant ugly image.  "Oh f**k off", I muttered under my breath, except it carried a bit further than I'd anticipated.  A couple of the regulars looked over.  They probably think of me as the tourettes guy now.  :/

Didn't really matter that he wasn't available for those final games then?
    Odd comment. I said he was over hyped.  Of course it mattered in the final games as he left us with a strike force of Andre Green, Hemed, Davison, Bonne and an injured Aneke.  Against that lot an over hyped Taylor looked like Lionel Messi.
  • His name come up chatting to a mate tonight. 

Tell you what, I loved watching him play for us. Im sure he’ll look back and see it as the best form of his career. Sad how it ended but my ire has softened and I’d probably give him a clap if we crossed paths again now. There was clearly all sorts going on behind the scenes at the time.

He thrived on being our main man, and in a rarity of the last 15 years, actually delivered. 

I like Stockley and I like Washington, but they are well below what we had with Taylor. 
    Whether him playing on would've kept us up or not, hard to see us staying up the following season with all the shenanigans that went on after he left. I think his decision makes a bit more sense in that context, but I can't pretend I didn't feel hugely let down at the time.

But, yeah, I choose to focus on the good times because he was great for us until that moment and really enjoyable to watch play. And life's too short to carry hate around with you.

Twat 
    He refused to play in 9 games for us. 4 goals would have kept us up with games to spare.

still unforgivable and always will be
    What was unforgiveable was the fact that he wasn't offered by us the contract that his talent and performances for us deserved. If he had have, instead of being pissed about he would have signed and no doubt, played in those games.
    I know some people will say that he was under contract until 30 June 2020 and should have at least played until that date. Because of the bizarre circumstances surrounding that season I don't agree with that. Even if he had agreed to play until 30 June nobody knows how much his heart would have been in his performances or how good or bad he would have played. As it was, we won two and drew one of the three games that we played by that date.
    It seems to me that the way he left just gives some people that extra and easy excuse to attack a former player. Not that most other players, who left under normal circumstances to try to better themselves, avoid the accusations of being rubbish or money-grabbing, or both.
    Twat 
    He refused to play in 9 games for us. 4 goals would have kept us up with games to spare.

still unforgivable and always will be
    What was unforgiveable was the fact that he wasn't offered by us the contract that his talent and performances for us deserved. If he had have, instead of being pissed about he would have signed and no doubt, played in those games.
    I know some people will say that he was under contract until 30 June 2020 and should have at least played until that date. Because of the bizarre circumstances surrounding that season I don't agree with that. Even if he had agreed to play until 30 June nobody knows how much his heart would have been in his performances or how good or bad he would have played. As it was, we won two and drew one of the three games that we played by that date.
    It seems to me that the way he left just gives some people that extra and easy excuse to attack a former player. Not that most other players, who left under normal circumstances to try to better themselves, avoid the accusations of being rubbish or money-grabbing, or both.
    Garbage. Yes he should have been offered a new deal. But to refuse to play when we desperately needed arguably our best player and talisman is unforgivable. He was contracted and fit. Refusing to play was inexcusable and to bang on about needing to feel loved now, a veiled dig at cafc fans, shows what kind of person he is. Hopefully he retires soon so we can stop talking about him.