Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Parker, Murphy, Yann and Taylor,  trying to break the code to see who the next one is!

All we need now is a statement from Richard Murray saying Charlton will not be selling their best players!
  • Lyle going is not great but in the words of Bowyer It is what it is. Players have always left Charlton and we move forward and look to build a better unit similar to When we sold Bowyer and then built a squad.

I like Lyle has done wonders for us and I will always thank him for that and he can leave with his held high. 

• edited January 2020
    iamdan said:
    iamdan said:
    I heard the same. 
    Stormed out & went home. 
    Unlike Parker, he didn't refuse to train and if you saw how he played ? It didn't affect his performances.

If you want him to be a panto villian so be it.

Just reporting what I heard.. 

No comparison between Football contracts and the rest of us, but contemplate this:
    Your agent tells you, you have been offered a 300% increase on your wage, you don't have to move away from your family, you don't have to move house but it might be best because some idiots may give you grief if you stay where you are. Now Brentford are not a glamour club but IF it was true what you heard, then it's an understandable reaction. You and I can give a month's notice, if our employer doesn't match the offer. ( Unlikely, no impossible unless you're a hedge fund manager ! )

For Charlton fans who complain our defense is "Shit" and League 1, (other than Phillips +Lockyer) then pay a Championship wage and see if that improves the situation.
  • I agree.
  • Don’t think he will struggle passing a medical, pretty sure you can buy a player who is unfit and currently injured, the medical checks for underlying long term issues, I’m lead to believe.
  • Parker, Murphy, Yann and Taylor,  trying to break the code to see who the next one is!

All we need now is a statement from Richard Murray saying Charlton will not be selling their best players!
    You can’t really compare this to Yann . RD didn’t want to keep him , we’ve offered Taylor a lucrative new contract.

You can’t really compare this to Yann . RD didn’t want to keep him , we’ve offered Taylor a lucrative new contract.
    He did want to keep him but he wanted him to stay on the same wages on the extra year that would have kicked in had he not refused to play.
  • we offered a miserly amount to Taylor, don't blame him tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    we offered a miserly amount to Taylor, don't blame him tbh

How do you know what was offered ? 
  • Redhenry said:
    The optimist in me is hoping that's because he don't feature in LB's plans and there's others lined up.

• Redhenry said:
    Spill the beans then, what was offered?
  • Redhenry said:
    Was that Roland’s previous offer or the new ESI one ?
  • Redhenry said:

• I can only hope that the owners, LB and SG have something decent up their sleeve now.

big call to withdraw the offer otherwise
    If you've correctly given him a deadline to sign, possibly Jan 1st would make sense, then you have to withdraw the offer.
    If you don't then there was no deadline.
  • Posted this on the other thread.......

Said after the Swansea game that he wasjt injured. Did sod all during that first 45 mins & then is replaced due to a "thigh injury". Now unavailable for the next 2-3 weeks so "cant" play for us. You can bet your bottom dollar he will be fit though for whoever he signs for....(but then who is going to sign a player who is currently injured & struggled to play 90 mins when he was back from his recent injury.......perhaps a club who knows it's all baloney).

God job Lyle's off twitter atm. Expect to see that turned back on again once he's left.

Do you honestly believe we would substitute our only fit striker when we are in the middle of an injury crisis and a relegation battle? 

What are you going to post next, the queens a lizard? Paul Mccarthy died in a car crash in the 60’s and was replaced by a look a like? 
    If Taylor said his thigh had tightened up, he was in pain and couldn't run properly, are you suggesting we ignored him and insisted he played on with the injury ? (It could have happened like this, who knows)?
  • the other thing you have to look at is it was a contract until 2022 min, so yes he may earn more a week at another club but could be on the bench within a season 
  • Redhenry said:
    When Redhenry speaks the fans listen 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Redhenry said:
    Good to get your take on it.

If 16-18k is the amount offered by ESI, its not miserly by the recent standard of wages at Cafc but is this an opening gambit by Matt Southall as he may be the only chairman who is an ex agent. Poacher turned Gamekeeper who knows the lie of the land.

• Didn't Cawley use the terms 'lucrative offer' in his article?
  • Chunes said:
    @nth_london_addick I agree he has to be let go but it is a big deal. We're in a relegation battle and we're losing our top scorer with no other fully fit strikers in the squad

Bonne's our top scorer.
  • I would expect that Bowyer and Gallen have a plan for Taylor’s refusal 
  • As RC has commented, we've only got one side of the story.
    Remember when all and sundry swallowed roly the twunt's damn lies about Yann Kermorgant "refusing to play, insisting on a pay rise" and slagging him off as a result?  Hope there was enough gravy to ease down all that humble pie and nobody choked on their prejudices.
    We don't know what form any offer or discussions have taken.  Consequently all is speculation, other than a time limit on one alleged offer has now expired.  At a stretch that could be seen as rejection by inaction.
    LT's crocked at the moment anyway.  He ain't gonna get a better deal without passing a fitness test and that ain't likely any time soon.
    Should he pass a fitness test, then a fee will be required.
    If he's still a (crocked) Charlton player come 1 February, then there will be 4 more months to resolve his future.

• I would expect that Bowyer and Gallen have a plan for Taylor’s refusal 

Image result for a cunning plan gif
  • As RC has commented, we've only got one side of the story.
    Remember when all and sundry swallowed roly the twunt's damn lies about Yann Kermorgant "refusing to play, insisting on a pay rise" and slagging him off as a result?  Hope there was enough gravy to ease down all that humble pie and nobody choked on their prejudices.
    We don't know what form any offer or discussions have taken.  Consequently all is speculation, other than a time limit on one alleged offer has now expired.  At a stretch that could be seen as rejection by inaction.
    LT's crocked at the moment anyway.  He ain't gonna get a better deal without passing a fitness test and that ain't likely any time soon.
    Should he pass a fitness test, then a fee will be required.
    If he's still a (crocked) Charlton player come 1 February, then there will be 4 more months to resolve his future.

Why do you think the stuff about Yann was a lie?

I can't imagine NLA would be making stuff like that up, especially as it kinda helped RD.
  • The 2 sides of the story are simple. We have made him an offer based on what we think he is worth, his agent thinks he can get more elsewhere. If we raise our offer or his agent is wrong he will end up staying, at least until June.
    If his agent is right and we do not raise our offer he will be gone by the end of the month.
  • Redhenry said:
    That differs to all the noise this morning. Any hint on a number?
  • I heard we offered him 12k a week and his current deal is 7-9K