Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Addickted said:
    Just caught up with this thread after hearing some 'news' about Lyle tonight. Whether it's accurate or not is another thing as it has come from a surprising source, not linked to CAFC in anyway.

Was told a 'decent offer' was made to Lyle by Charlton (sorry @Redhenry, but it doesn't tie up with yours), but there is interest from a Premier League Club who have made a serious inquiry about Lyle and his head has been turned - and to be honest I cannot blame him if it's true.

If they really want him in January, then they will get him.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic, but heard it's Aston Villa.
    Hmm could have legs as they've no strikers
  • I actually think Lyle would do a job in the Prem to be honest. Just hope he doesn’t end up at Palace...
  • I actually think Lyle would do a job in the Prem to be honest. Just hope he doesn’t end up at Palace...
    The very worst possible outcome. 
  • Addickted said:
    Just caught up with this thread after hearing some 'news' about Lyle tonight. Whether it's accurate or not is another thing as it has come from a surprising source, not linked to CAFC in anyway.

Was told a 'decent offer' was made to Lyle by Charlton (sorry @Redhenry, but it doesn't tie up with yours), but there is interest from a Premier League Club who have made a serious inquiry about Lyle and his head has been turned - and to be honest I cannot blame him if it's true.

Jesus......deja vu. Same as Grant last year. Sign for a Premier League club that will get relegated 4 months later 

So.....we will get to see him again after all. Hope he remembers the pelters Grant got the other month we he visits us in the 20/21 season.
  • Is English your second or third language Elfsborg? "That crack was worthy of a promote". !!!!!
    5th.
  • This is Lyle’s last chance for a big payday. If he can’t agree a deal with us then he goes elsewhere. If he doesn’t go this window he’s off on a free this summer. If we get an acceptable offer this window and Bow gets the funds to reinvest then its probably best he goes. Won’t get me complaining. He did the same at Wimbledon and we benefitted. It happens.
    I'd rather he stayed then & saw out his contract. We arent going to get much for him this month due to clubs being able to get him for free next season AND supposedly injured. He is worth more to us over the coming 4 months than a measly million or two 
    Or give him what he wants, within reason.
  • edited January 2020
    Addickted said:

You are not playing the game, you were not meant to name the club. Before you said Villa I was thinking Bournemouth.

Anyway, let's see where we are on the 31st December.
  • No way has Taylor been offered way less than 10k a week, why would anyone waste their time like that.
  • Addickted said:

You are not playing the game, you were not meant to name the club. Before you said Villa I was thinking Bournemouth.

Anyway, let's see where we are on the 31st December.
    New Years Eve is a long wait 
  • Sponsored links:

• I hear villa just bid on piatek, would t h ey really be after taylor on that case? 
  • Ferryman said:
    At least we don't have to sell unless an adequate replacement is in.
    This although a striker that wants away I can see being “injured” a bit more often 
    Honestly, i dont think that is Lyle Taylor. I was told by my AFCW mate, who is well connected inside that club, that what he needs above all is to feel appreciated by the fans, which is why some of the muppetry going about at the moment really pisses me off. 

The muppets told us in the summer that he would be sulking and not give 100%. Were they right.? Were they ****,
    Fully agree about appreciating him but maybe drop the cryptic tweets which he knows full well is going to wind fans up - works both ways I’m afraid. 
  • edited January 2020
  • I know for a fact that old clogger Henri Lansbury is on £70k/week at Villa, so I guess they could offer Lyle something way beyond our budget. 
  • Only clubs I’d see him being main man at currently would be Rangers, Leeds and Villa.
    Swansea - Baston
    West Brom - Austin 
    Forest - Grabban
    Brentford - Watkins
  • LTKapal said:
    I hear villa just bid on piatek, would t h ey really be after taylor on that case? 
    God that lad fell from grace by moving from Genoa to AC Milan too quick

Saw he rejected the idea of a move to Crystal Palace or Burnley the other week so be surprised if that happened
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Name the figure then, @Redhenry. Or alternatively name a figure that you think would be reasonable for us to offer.
    He should be on minimum 10k the basic is offered is nowhere near that...
    There is just no correlation between a new Chairman saying he wants to see 27k at home games and not paying your main scorer over the last 18 months a championship wage. 
    If your information is correct, that WILL be stated after Taylor leaves either by Lyle or his agent because of the "Greedy bastard"  accusations leveled at him by the uninformed. 

The Problem for ESI is Bonne's agent will say my client deserved more.
    We will continue to struggle in the Championship if that is the case.

• Another player wanted to sign for us on loan for a small wage but we offered lower. Hes now going league 1. From what i'm hearing we are not spending money. Hope i'm wrong but doubt it.
  • Why no offer him a slightly longer contract than the other clubs even if the wages cannot be matched. To offer more security.
  • Redhenry said:
    Another player wanted to sign for us on loan for a small wage but we offered lower. Hes now going league 1. From what i'm hearing we are not spending money. Hope i'm wrong but doubt it.
    This is disastrous. Even less chips than Roland.
  • Redhenry said:
    Another player wanted to sign for us on loan for a small wage but we offered lower. Hes now going league 1. From what i'm hearing we are not spending money. Hope i'm wrong but doubt it.

Is it possible they’re playing things down and want to give the impression we aren’t increasing the budget a great deal?

We’ll have some idea if/when we sign players permanently.

Matt Southall talked about 0s being added and us now being able to sign Green, who we couldn’t afford in the summer.
  • Redhenry said:
    I'm sorry mate, but like on the Bonne signing, I think you are wrong about this. 
  • Redhenry said:
    I'm sorry mate, but like on the Bonne signing, I think you are wrong about this. 
      The Bonne signing. What happened there then?
  • Redhenry said:
      The Bonne signing. What happened there then?
    RedHenry heard that Bonne was not a Gallen or Bowyer signing. But I feel all the evidence we have heard in interviews shows that he is.

Same with the Budget this window. Now don't get me wrong I don't think we are going to be splashing the cash, but 'we're not spending money' goes against the current evidence.

Of course these are my opinions from what I have seen and read. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Name the player?