Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• No idea what Lyle's goal bonus currently is, but i'd be looking to increase it significantly, if it helps get the deal over the line.
    Goals win games, as such they are almost priceless.

Example only there is zero fact to this post.
    If he's heard he could get £20k elsewhere and we offered him £15k salary, £1k appearance bonus and £2.5k per goal bonus. I am near certain he'd stay. 
  • I think Lyle will sign a new contract 
  • I do too and I wasn't expecting that a few days ago. As long as we stay up and ESI are true to their word I think he will sign. 
  • He might but not yet. We won't sell him though.
  • edited January 2020
    No idea what Lyle's goal bonus currently is, but i'd be looking to increase it significantly, if it helps get the deal over the line.
    IF an offer comes from a struggling Premier club in next seven days we will have our usual problem coming to the end of the Window. Both you and I heard Lyle Taylor say he wanted to play in the premier and that's why Karlan Grant had to go to Huddersfield even if it was only going to be for six months in the elite division.

Matt Southall needs to let Taylor walk away for nothing in the summer if no agreement can be found using a bit of creativity as my earlier post suggested. 
  • Dont think Barnsley fans are to keen on him, he posted these on Instagram lol

The Red Wall has a voice!
  • If he is going to sign a new contract, it makes sense for him to wait to see if we stay up or not. 

He's a good championship level striker and would walk into at least 10 sides in this division. 
  • Love the video of him shouting to their fans 'say my name' before green scored 
  • Sponsored links:

•  FishCostaFortune said:
    Love the video of him shouting to their fans 'say my name' before green scored 
    Also like how he went straight to Green instead of giving it to the Barnsley fans some more. Fair play to him. 
    Yeah and after the game too went straight over to green to give him a hug! Really hope he signs a new deal at some point! My kids love him!
  • Lyle was LOVING it out there, he's loves being the centre of attention and thrives in that sort of atmosphere with the home crowd loving away and the away fans hurling abuse!
    And long may it last 
  • edited February 2020
    Hopefully Matt is putting an improved offer to his agent. Need him next season
  • Lyle was LOVING it out there, he's loves being the centre of attention and thrives in that sort of atmosphere with the home crowd loving away and the away fans hurling abuse!
    Barnsley should've thought about supporting their own team instead of abusing our players. Quietest away fans this season
  • kafka said:
    Lyle was LOVING it out there, he's loves being the centre of attention and thrives in that sort of atmosphere with the home crowd loving away and the away fans hurling abuse!
    Barnsley should've thought about supporting their own team instead of abusing our players. Quietest away fans this season
    Agree the quietest away fans, but I think the Derby fans winning at home run em close.
  • We struggle without LT - thank God we never lost him in Jan or we would be relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• That Barnsley fan was right about the haircut though!
  • My hope with Taylor is that he is an intelligent guy so if we can show him he is better off with us, he may well sign. As for the Barnsley fans, they are frustrated but if you dish it out, you can't complain when you get some back.
  • clearly we can’t afford to get him to renew, shame because he’s brilliant. 
  • We should consider it in terms of how much would it cost for us to buy him.
  • Don't blame opposition fans for hating him, I'd think he was a twat if he didn't play for us. But he does, so I don't care how much attention he wants if he's performing!
  • Redrobo said:
    kafka said:
    Lyle was LOVING it out there, he's loves being the centre of attention and thrives in that sort of atmosphere with the home crowd loving away and the away fans hurling abuse!
    Agree the quietest away fans, but I think the Derby fans winning at home run em close.
    You expect home crowds to be more quiet though. Away fans are normally much louder as all the "noisy" fans are concentrated together
  • Wonder if Brentford would still want him if they go up? They’re playing some lovely football. 
  • It is a good point about Brentford. Strangely the best two sides I have seen at the Valley this season are Brentford and Leeds and we won both of those games!
  • clearly we can’t afford to get him to renew, shame because he’s brilliant. 
    Who knows what we may be able to afford to pay in the Summer, when we know what division we are in next season.
    Hopefully, Lyle's upcoming performances will convince Matt Southall to match any offers that Lyle may receive.