Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colombia v England - Tues 3rd July 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

Thought the 'headbutt' was a yellow myself. If Neymar reacted the way Henderson did, everyone here would be saying it was embarrassing and he should get on with it etc etc.

I agree, and I'd like to stress that I am supporting England here
    Ffs first time i have ever agreed with Callumc and Leuth...
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Dazzler21 said:

1StevieG said:

Get Dele off he is half asleep.

Really? He's working his nuts off.
    He was waiting for the ball to come to him just then and let the Colombians attack.
    One error :lol:
  • Options
    It was more a nuzzle than a butt. Ludicrous that Henderson found himself on the floor, although I guess it got the ref to check VAR
  • Options

Content with that first half. Colombia look limited to counter attacks and long shots.

You'll be content with a 0 - 0 and penalties then
  • Options
    WTF the Columbian staff!?
  • Options
    Winding us up. Keep your focus chaps.
  • Options
    Remember when Beckham got sent off in 98 for a piffling non-thing? This was like that. Football has gotten more sensible
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    These are dirty dirty . We need to start producing more quality in the last third.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Columbia coach also showing his disdain for Raheem - getting feistier!
  • Options

What the fuck did VAR say to the ref? "He head butted him but only a little bit - no need to look at the replay yourself though"

Wife just said it wasn't a proper headbutt so not a sending off offence....LOL.
  • Options
    Cuadrado bounced off Maguire trying to be the hard man there.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Content with that first half. Colombia look limited to counter attacks and long shots.

You'll be content with a 0 - 0 and penalties then
    Confident we've got a goal in us.

We were never going to play the Colombians off the pitch but we are controlling the game for long periods and chances will come in the second half.
  • Options
    That’s an actual joke how that’s not a red
  • Options
    Clattenburg spot on there.
  • Options

need to be careful on these corners with them breaking on us

This. It's their only gameplan. I think we sussed that out early on though and have been quick to get back in front of them, sit a bit deeper into a back five.

Cuadrado worries me though. He's so quick on the press. One false move and he's going to be away, and through on goal.

Colombia look petrified of us at set-pieces and are doing everything they can to disrupt us and slow the game down. They look tired and worried. That should have been a red card for the headbutt on Henderson, no doubt.

We need to get Sterling on the ball more, he's looked promising and can cause them problems.

Would like to see Lingard and Henderson get involved and on the ball more too.
  • Options
    That is the worst decision this tournament. Absolutely unreal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clattenberg is exactly right. The ref should have reviewed it.
  • Options
    Clattenburg is correct... the fact that the referee hasnt even gone to check the decision is a joke
  • Options

These are dirty dirty cunts. We need to start producing more quality in the last third.

This, we won’t score unless we improve in the final third. Sterling and Lingard, dross
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

That is the worst decision this tournament. Absolutely unreal

Nah that was the Tunisia rugby tackles
  • Options
    There are harder to beat without Rodriguez, because they are sitting deeper.

I said 50/50 at KO and it's still the same odds.

Can the guys who think that was only a yellow please explain ???
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What did he say?
  • Options

Cuadrado worries me though. He's so quick on the press. One false move and he's going to be away, and through on goal.

Can't out muscle his man though :wink:
  • Options
    It’s happening.

The dodgy refereeing decision? Check

England start brightly then start to run out of ideas? Check

Player carrying an injury? Check

It will need a very un-England like performance to turn this around. And we have been waiting 22 years for that
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

What did he say?
    Definite Red Card, the initial headbutt to the chest was a yellow but the violent flick upwards was intended to hurt Henderson and is therefore violent conduct, should have been a red card and the free kick from where it was as the ball was out of play.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Can't out muscle his man though :wink:
    He might not need to if he can catch Maguire or Stones in possession.