Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Options
    Fuck off. Just fuck off. 

Anybody who thinks this is legit knows nothing. 
  • Options
    Pogacar Has just launched a cancer foundation, now I’m sure that is very honourable and will hopefully do great work. But fuck me, I can’t be the only one who thought now where have I heard that before.
    Yup, was the first thing I thought of when he said it.  
  • Options
    Fuck off. Just fuck off. 

How and how much are my only questions.

Obviously, all jokes aside, the bikes are legal.  Almost all the teams in the tour bend the rules as far as they can.  It's almost certain that some are breaking them, at least a little bit.  So what the fuck is he doing?  Out sprinting sprinters, out climbing climbers and being one of the best time trailers?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Fuck off. Just fuck off. 

How and how much are my only questions.

Obviously, all jokes aside, the bikes are legal.  Almost all the teams in the tour bend the rules as far as they can.  It's almost certain that some are breaking them, at least a little bit.  So what the fuck is he doing?  Out sprinting sprinters, out climbing climbers and being one of the best time trailers?
    Quite simply, he is doping. Many in the pro peloton are pretty certain of ot, but with micro dosing incredibly hard to prove. It’s interesting that another team from the part of the world his team come from are getting significant investigation on this tour and the last tour.

About 18 months ago, I had a conversation with someone I know who works for a world tour team and is close relatives of a world tour team rider. I asked him about Pogacar and doping expecting really to get a none committed he’s just very good but you can’t rule it out kind of answer. 
    He surprised me with his unequivocal response that yes he and a great many other were convinced he is not legit and sighted results from previous youth / development career and who he was racing against and how although good he never stood out at that level. To become totally world beating from pretty good youth is not credible.
  • Options
    Well, that's not strictly true - Pogacar was a very, very talented junior. But it's the manner in which he's dominant now. It's unequivocal - and the only parallels you can draw are Merckx, Indurain and Armstrong... 
  • Options
    Is there question marks over Rodlic as well?

I ask because I didn't watch much cycling when it all got messed about due to Covid but he seemed to come form no where (relatively) in his late 20s to win multiple tours, and almost the tour.

If its as simple as he is doping, are the rest of his team?  Is it a "personal" thing?  

I mean sky, and British cycling generally, pushed the rules, and probably bent them a few times, but this is something else.  Sky also had 3 or 4 genuine GC riders, because they paid the big bucks, UAE don't.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Is there question marks over Rodlic as well?

I ask because I didn't watch much cycling when it all got messed about due to Covid but he seemed to come form no where (relatively) in his late 20s to win multiple tours, and almost the tour.

If its as simple as he is doping, are the rest of his team?  Is it a "personal" thing?  

I mean sky, and British cycling generally, pushed the rules, and probably bent them a few times, but this is something else.  Sky also had 3 or 4 genuine GC riders, because they paid the big bucks, UAE don't.
    Yep - and Tratnik & Mohoric. All those riders have something in common... 
  • Options
    Well, that's not strictly true - Pogacar was a very, very talented junior. But it's the manner in which he's dominant now. It's unequivocal - and the only parallels you can draw are Merckx, Indurain and Armstrong... 
    I guess you’re right in that he was always a very very talented rider, but he was not totally dominant even when competing against the smaller pool of riders in his own age group, a few of whom now ride against him for other teams and had beaten him back then, but wouldn’t get close now.

I seem to remember, I think a stage at last years tour where he seemed to be effortlessly sitting in the big ring going up a long steep mountain looking like he was on a Sunday morning ride, while others were struggling in the small ring with diner plates on the back. And this year the last two stages when he has passed his man to take the victory and the seconds bonus, he sits up to take the applause not bothering about any extra seconds he could get, as though he knows he won’t need them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was it just me who thought he let WVA have it today?

Maybe let is a bit strong but it didn't look as if he was going all out. Even if he was he was still only a couple of lengths back.

Is anyone in the media calling this out or at least asking the questions? TV obviously never say but I've not seen much from other journos even the independent type stuff on YouTube seems to worry about getting a telling off.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Tadej was outstanding as a junior.  He was finishing third in the Vuelta when he should have been a novice U23.

Tadej's numbers are very similar to previous TDF winners, such as Froome:

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jul/21/team-sky-data-chris-froome-tour-de-france

https://www.velonews.com/training/power-analysis-what-does-tadej-pogacars-training-data-mean/

The main questions are how does he re-produce these numbers day after day?  How is he riding Grand Tours at a weight 5-6 kilos heavier for his height than the post EPO era?  Contador same height approx 6 kilos lighter. How can he produce similar watts on the flat to bigger beasts like Dumoulin and WVA?  Operation Adderlass's connection to Bahrain are clearly why they're being targeted by Interpol, have UAE's connection led to no clear evidence?

Taking in isolation many of Tadej's climbs are not unbelievable.  His Time Trial on La Planche des belles Filles was staggering.  His climb was outstanding achievable, how he matched Dumoulin on the flat was incredible.  Putting those two parts together into an hour at the end of Tour was a huge leap forward in performance.  It's hard to believe he rode more Aero than Dumoulin.

Since Alaphillipe and Fugalsang imposed themselves on the Classics, it just seems other-worldly recovery, after superhuman efforts, is there for cycling's superstars.

• Options
    Wonderful ride by Jungels
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Wonderful ride by Jungels
    Well deserved win
  • Options
    Again, George Bennett looks to be in a bit of bother, drops off the back, has a drink, then pulls his team along like he's got an internal combustion engine.

Great bit of front running by the winner and a valiant effort by Pinot to catch him.
  • Options
    It's a shame the TV didn't show the yellow Jersey group in the last couple of KMs yesterday they made up a stupid amount of time. 
  • Options
    Off topic but of interest … no surprise really.  

I reckon he’ll go to a French team. 

Mark Cavendish to leave Patrick Lefevere's team
    "Cavendish would like to race for another two years, but that no longer fits our project. There is no more room for Mark. I say this with a heavy heart, but it is time to say goodbye said Lefevere in Het Laatste Nieuws.
  • Options
    Pogacar to win the tour tomorrow?  
  • Options
    Well this is fun. 
  • Options
    Well this is fun. 
    Pity the others caught up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a cushy and great job Brad Wiggins has got 
  • Options
    Question now is whether van Aert can help. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I don't think Ineos tactic of sticking with Pogacar for 95% of the stage then watch him ride away from them in the last 5% is going to work......
  • Options
    Yates looking very good at the moment 
  • Options
    Wow!!!
  • Options
    What a break 
  • Options
    Yes Vingegaard! 
  • Options
    TdF now wide open 
  • Options
    Yes Thomas!