Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Stunning stage 
    One of the best stages for years. Stunning teamwork won that stage.
  • Options
    Quite amusing catching up on this thread with almost a whole page about how Pogacar is ridiculous and must be doping, and then on a crucial stage he drops almost 3 minutes and now likely won't win the TdF.

So do we think maybe he isn't actually doping or do we think Vingegaard is doping too?
    I do think he was doping in the last two tdf’s, whether he still is or not, we will see or not. Froome is probably the only rider in the recent era that Pod could be compared to in terms of repeated Grand Tour success. Froome always looked to me that he would pay for big efforts the day after, but had a good team to help minimise any losses. It also helped that he was a better TTr than most of his main rivals at the time.

I still wouldn’t be surprised to hear over the coming days Pogacar testing positive for covid. Whatever his bad day has made for a much more interesting race.
  • Options

Never trust a Strava segment.  That segment leaves out the final turn and finish.  But looking at Pinot's time from 2015, it would seem Kuss and Bardet did around the low 39 minutes.  So Pog, Ving and Thomas must have gone faster.  I suppose it was raced by Jumbo, whereas previous recent years have been smaller groups or as in 2018 they watched each other.  Still those are fast times.
  • Options
    What a ride by Michael Matthews.
  • Options
    What a ride by Michael Matthews.
    Very impressive 
  • Options
    Fantastic day of racing. This has been a great tour so far.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Fantastic day of racing. This has been a great tour so far.
    Fully agreed 
  • Options
    Roglic pulled out of the Tour … will prepare to go for another Vuelta win 
  • Options
    Jumbo Visma are not having any luck today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Indeed … but will it have an impact? 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Indeed … but will it have an impact? 
    It's likely to hit in the Pyrenees, but you could even see an impact today, the heat sounds painful.
  • Options
    Thought they said Christophe Lepoint was protecting Vingegaard in the peleton when I first heard his name a few km ago
  • Options
    Great finish - Felt sorry for Thomas (not Geraint) for not lasting.

Almost reminded me of this sprint from Cavendish a few years ago, which really highlights the power Sprinters have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQedKbxiuBA
  • Options
    Next time I’m out around pilgrims way in the heat if someone could just follow me like this that would be grand thanks:

https://twitter.com/treksegafredo/status/1548654028225142791?s=24
  • Options
    Be awkward if he then crashed out
  • Options
    Great finish - Felt sorry for Thomas (not Geraint) for not lasting.

Almost reminded me of this sprint from Cavendish a few years ago, which really highlights the power Sprinters have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQedKbxiuBA
     Absolutely loved that finish!
  • Options
    The next two days will be critical! 
  • Options

Rafal Majka suffered a muscle tear after his chain snapped on Stage 16. Mauro Gianetti, UAE Team Emirates' team principal, confirmed to Eurosport that the Polish rider would be unable to start Stage 17 in Saint-Gaudens in another blow to Tadej Pogacar's hopes of snatching back the yellow jersey from Jonas Vingegaard.

It continues a disastrous tour for the team, who also lost Marc Soler yesterday after the Spanish rider finished outside of the stage time limit after appearing to be suffering from heat stroke.

• Options
    Did alright today with first and third.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McNulty got an extra 2 doses.
  • Options
    How much do people think Pogacar can make back, if any, in the TT?
  • Options
    Not much, they're fairly even matched as TTers and given it's a fairly flat. He really needs to be taking time back tomorrow to stand a chance imo.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Blood bag
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Blood bag
    I have been pretty consistent about this over the years and some times you have been quite hostile against it but....

Sky cheated, the whole of British cycling cheated.  If they actually broke the rules is a different question.

Pogacar is cheating and he isn't winning. Categorically he is cheating.  So so must be those that are beating him

Thomas is the best of the rest, with a world class team around him.  Yates is getting drop every time.  Are they now "clean"?
  • Options
    Geraint attacks 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Geraint attacks 
    Pogacar has just slaughtered his attack!!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Geraint attacks 
    Pogacar has just slaughtered his attack!!
    lol didn’t take long