Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD calling for Charlton Athletic fans to boycott Valley if takeover deal is not done by August 4

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Duchatelet with a combination of Rubberbloke's spinning skills and Murray's mendacity has taken us all for mugs.

Hate the bloke and what he has done to OUR club with a passion but he's running rings round us.

• Options

Redskin said:

My paying full admission to a game has exactly the same effect on the regime's finances as someone who chooses to boycott the game, which is absolutely none whatsoever.

Why are they making cutbacks all over the shop , is it because they are flush with cash or because they want to save a few hundred pound per week
    Would Roland sell if the club was running at a profit or even smaller losses
    The bellend that owns us is a tight fucker , look at his duck taped rhythms , every penny counts to a miser
    J Paul Getty, who was reported to be the riches person in the world in the 50' and 60', had a pay phone put in his mansion at Guildford for his staff to use.
    His PA (after his death) stated that instead of buying new shirts would wear them when they were frayed.

Getty took his 'friends' to cruffs dog show in London, when he was told it would be half price after 5PM made every one wait for 30 minutes.

Being a miser is a condition, which can affect the mega rich like Getty, the very rich like Duchatelet, or the mate who seemed to disappear when it was his round.
    Anyone remember the story of Hans Rausing who created Tetra-Pak? In later life he moved to the U.K. as a tax exile (which itself was interesting) . Among other things his home in Sussex featured a swimming pool lined with solid marble. Yet the old fecker insisted on his pensioner's right to free admission to our museums. He had never actually contributed any NI payments, apart from the more obvious absurdity.

It's a very common trait among the very rich.
  • Options

Redskin said:

My paying full admission to a game has exactly the same effect on the regime's finances as someone who chooses to boycott the game, which is absolutely none whatsoever.

Why are they making cutbacks all over the shop , is it because they are flush with cash or because they want to save a few hundred pound per week
    Would Roland sell if the club was running at a profit or even smaller losses
    The bellend that owns us is a tight fucker , look at his duck taped rhythms , every penny counts to a miser
    J Paul Getty, who was reported to be the riches person in the world in the 50' and 60', had a pay phone put in his mansion at Guildford for his staff to use.
    His PA (after his death) stated that instead of buying new shirts would wear them when they were frayed.

Getty took his 'friends' to cruffs dog show in London, when he was told it would be half price after 5PM made every one wait for 30 minutes.

Being a miser is a condition, which can affect the mega rich like Getty, the very rich like Duchatelet, or the mate who seemed to disappear when it was his round.
    Anyone remember the story of Hans Rausing who created Tetra-Pak? In later life he moved to the U.K. as a tax exile (which itself was interesting) . Among other things his home in Sussex featured a swimming pool lined with solid marble. Yet the old fecker insisted on his pensioner's right to free admission to our museums. He had never actually contributed any NI payments, apart from the more obvious absurdity.

It's a very common trait among the very rich.
    Think he still lives at Tidebrook Manor nr Wadhurst that's just visible from our daughter's house.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I see this thread as a request to attack our new owners before they're even in place.

It's also just a red tag to a Duchatelet ego sized bull... Not the smartest move by CARD imo.

Sorry Dazzler, but I don't understand your argument. Can you explain please, how does it attack the new owners, how is it a red rag the El Douche and what do you think he might do that would be worse than the nothing that appears to be happening right now?
  • Options
    Get the club sold then.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

LenGlover said:

Duchatelet with a combination of Rubberbloke's spinning skills and Murray's mendacity has taken us all for mugs.

Hate the bloke and what he has done to OUR club with a passion but he's running rings round us.

Rubashow can’t even put out a literate press release, so I think you are overplaying his ability somewhat. Duchatelet doesn’t have a firm grasp of anything and Murray is only interested in himself. All they are doing collectively is running the club further into the ground. They are not running rings round anyone - if they tried they would probably go in opposite directions and collide with each other.
    Out of interest what is your apparent beef with “Rubashow”?

You don’t seem to dig out others in the communication team in the same way. From the outside looking in isn’t he just a paid employee doing what he needs to do do fulfil his role ?

I don’t know why he seems to require singling out.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Rubashow can’t even put out a literate press release, so I think you are overplaying his ability somewhat. Duchatelet doesn’t have a firm grasp of anything and Murray is only interested in himself. All they are doing collectively is running the club further into the ground. They are not running rings round anyone - if they tried they would probably go in opposite directions and collide with each other.

You don’t seem to dig out others in the communication team in the same way. From the outside looking in isn’t he just a paid employee doing what he needs to do do fulfil his role ?

Don’t think I’ve ever made much comment about him, I was responding to the idea he was some PR mastermind who has been manipulating fans. I don’t see any evidence of that at all.

But I would be ashamed to be the person responsible as the comms manager for some of the public statements issued by the club - and if he isn’t responsible he surely should be because that IS his job. From a professional point of view some have been utterly pitiful.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Don’t think I’ve ever made much comment about him, I was responding to the idea he was some PR mastermind who has been manipulating fans. I don’t see any evidence of that at all.

But I would be ashamed to be the person responsible as the comms manager for some of the public statements issued by the club - and if he isn’t responsible he surely should be because that IS his job. From a professional point of view some have been utterly pitiful.
    Ok. Potentially a little harsh given his pay master and lack of personnel to support /guide.

I just generally think that despite everything else the comms team collectively seem to do what they can and the short videos / tweets etc are actually very good and as professional as can be expected right now. I dount anyone employed by the club has an easy ride currently.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Ok. Potentially a little harsh given his pay master and lack of personnel to support /guide.

I just generally think that despite everything else the comms team collectively seem to do what they can and the short videos / tweets etc are actually very good and as professional as can be expected right now. I dount anyone employed by the club has an easy ride currently.
    I don’t think the lack of support or guidance explains the weird language and poor English used in formal statements. It’s precisely the job to make the presentation as good as it can be - the decision makers always need that professional help. It can’t all be down to Duchatelet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

LenGlover said:

I don’t think the lack of support or guidance explains the weird language and poor English used in formal statements. It’s precisely the job to make the presentation as good as it can be - the decision makers always need that professional help. It can’t all be down to Duchatelet.
    Not sure what grammatical errors have been made by him ! But agree that isn't great when it happens. Your post read (to me) as his statements are often poor / illiterate but I didn't often recall his name being associated with them.

Seems to me you are being equally critical of the wider team and specifically his failure to correct or improve those statements.

As I said before just seems a little harsh in the current climate.

• Options
    edited July 2018

LenGlover said:

Not sure what grammatical errors have been made by him ! But agree that isn't great when it happens. Your post read (to me) as his statements are often poor / lillierate but I didn't often recall his name being associated with them.

Seems to me you are being equally critical of the wider team and specifically his failure to correct or improve those statements.

As I said before just seems a little harsh in the current climate.

He’s in charge of the team. It’s all his responsibility. Specifically, however, formal statements issued to the media or to fans about takeover issues are precisely his job to get right and to ensure the club and its decision-makers are not embarrassed by them. You don’t delegate that.

It’s fair to say that because I’ve done the job, talk to others who have done the job and to journalists who report the statements, I will be more alert to their quality than most other people, but it has been poor.
  • Options
    So consistent with all aspects of the club.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Addickted said:

HarryLime said:

Addickted said:

addick05 said:

Who was it that said something along the lies of 'each revolution ends up devouring it's own children'? (Probably French or Russian)

"La révolution dévore ses enfants"

Should give you an idea :wink:
    Was it a Belgian?
    The Belgians are too laid back to revolt.

It's not allowed under EU Regulations.
    I know one Belgian who is revolting
    I can name another.