Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD calling for Charlton Athletic fans to boycott Valley if takeover deal is not done by August 4

Comments

• Options
    What is the biggest shambles - Brexit or Charlton? The difficulty in answering that question says it all!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    not really. They're making their position clear if as individuals they go to the first game of the season and then get sniping about 'saying one thing and doing another'
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

shine166 said:

The fact that many would have already bought season tickets makes boycotting a little difficult anyway. I'm sure there are some fans that have regretted buying their season tickets as they assumed that the takeover would have gone through by now, and they may well have added to the ranks of the boycotters. But, once your money is paid, it's then very difficult to not turn up.

The timing of this seems more than a little odd.

I just dont understand why people couldnt wait until he had left anyway.. If they had any intention of boycotting it makes no sense.
    Well some would buy a ST even if an evil dictator owned us, and they would still make excuses for them. Others just can't contain their excitement. I know people personally that bought their ST's when they were released because they got carried away with the takeover news and were hopeful of a new dawn. They are regretting it now and desperately want the takeover to go through, I guess in some part to justify their decision not to wait.

Ultimately, if someone is fixed on buying a ST, there is nothing in the world that will stop them.
    And I (and I’m sure all fans), would not deny them the right to do so.....each to their own.
    If only that were true. Just reading posts on this forum alone you can see that it's not the case :neutral:
    Disagree.

The vast majority of fans are respecting people individual decisions on whether to boycott or not.

I've seen no animosity from either side.
    Then I am afraid you haven't read the thread carefully in the last 48 hours (although I know you might have a good excuse for that).

Most of the animosity seems, quite rightly aimed at the trust, rather than individual fans.
    Why is that 'quite rightly'?
    I think it's been gone over a few times already by others, their latest statement completely undermines CARDs position, without any consultation with their membership, that, imo is wrong and unfair to CARD.

Does it REALLY matter.....they are two different groups and both entitled to have differing views, just like all of us.
    For the life of me I cannot understand the shit storm some people are stirring up........I say again, does it REALLY matter that much?
    My guess is that there are few people who give a toss about this issue.....it’s so minor in the scheme of things!
    “Completely undermines CARD’s position”..... oh do me a favour!
    @SoundAsa£ that's the point, they are NOT two different groups. CAST is meant to be part of CARD.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

shine166 said:

The fact that many would have already bought season tickets makes boycotting a little difficult anyway. I'm sure there are some fans that have regretted buying their season tickets as they assumed that the takeover would have gone through by now, and they may well have added to the ranks of the boycotters. But, once your money is paid, it's then very difficult to not turn up.

I just dont understand why people couldnt wait until he had left anyway.. If they had any intention of boycotting it makes no sense.
    Well some would buy a ST even if an evil dictator owned us, and they would still make excuses for them. Others just can't contain their excitement. I know people personally that bought their ST's when they were released because they got carried away with the takeover news and were hopeful of a new dawn. They are regretting it now and desperately want the takeover to go through, I guess in some part to justify their decision not to wait.

Ultimately, if someone is fixed on buying a ST, there is nothing in the world that will stop them.
    And I (and I’m sure all fans), would not deny them the right to do so.....each to their own.
    If only that were true. Just reading posts on this forum alone you can see that it's not the case :neutral:
    Disagree.

The vast majority of fans are respecting people individual decisions on whether to boycott or not.

Then I am afraid you haven't read the thread carefully in the last 48 hours (although I know you might have a good excuse for that).

Most of the animosity seems, quite rightly aimed at the trust, rather than individual fans.
    I think it's been gone over a few times already by others, their latest statement completely undermines CARDs position, without any consultation with their membership, that, imo is wrong and unfair to CARD.

Does it REALLY matter.....they are two different groups and both entitled to have differing views, just like all of us.
    For the life of me I cannot understand the shit storm some people are stirring up........I say again, does it REALLY matter that much?
    My guess is that there are few people who give a toss about this issue.....it’s so minor in the scheme of things!
    @SoundAsa£ that's the point, they are NOT two different groups. CAST is meant to be part of CARD.
    Oh really......news to me and I actually don’t care if they are or aren’t.....chill everyone........ it’s no big deal for Christ’s sake!
  • Options

razil said:

Would be great if we could disagree without some of the undertones above

In balance I am a huge fan of what CARD have done, how we could have used all that creativity and energy when we started the Trust but I do of course appreciate that those were different times and perhaps the need wasn’t as urgent.

“The Day the Sofa died” is up there with some of my greatest memories as a Charlton fan, with the destruction of that symbol of Meire’s ambivalence, commercial petty bullshit and gross misunderstanding of things CAFC - better words needed but you know what I mean. CARD (and others) gave us a reason to be proud again.

Don't think CARD killed the sofa but it was a brave and hugely symbolic act that should be marked in some way. : - )
    A National Bank Holiday.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

shine166 said:

Disagree.

Oh really......news to me and I actually don’t care if they are or aren’t.....chill everyone........ it’s no big deal for Christ’s sake!
    So you didn't realise the key point of the whole issue but now you do you are going to ignore it anyway. LOL
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

shine166 said:

Disagree.

So you didn't realise the key point of the whole issue but know you do you are going to ignore it anyway. LOL
    YUP......I couldn’t give a toss pal.....get it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAST, CARD, Judean People's Front- it doesn't matter FFS
  • Options

not really. They're making their position clear if as individuals they go to the first game of the season and then get sniping about 'saying one thing and doing another'

My point entirely, thank you.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

shine166 said:

Disagree.

So you didn't realise the key point of the whole issue but know you do you are going to ignore it anyway. LOL
    Yep, that's why it's so funny.
  • Options

razil said:

In balance I am a huge fan of what CARD have done, how we could have used all that creativity and energy when we started the Trust but I do of course appreciate that those were different times and perhaps the need wasn’t as urgent.

“The Day the Sofa died” is up there with some of my greatest memories as a Charlton fan, with the destruction of that symbol of Meire’s ambivalence, commercial petty bullshit and gross misunderstanding of things CAFC - better words needed but you know what I mean. CARD (and others) gave us a reason to be proud again.

Don't think CARD killed the sofa but it was a brave and hugely symbolic act that should be marked in some way. : - )
    A National Bank Holiday.
    That might be going too far. I was thinking a statue.
  • Options

razil said:

A National Bank Holiday.
    Once you’ve got yours, can we have one for Seed please?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

razil said:

A National Bank Holiday.
    Once you’ve got yours, can we have one for Seed please?
    Thanks.
    He's got a bust and a stand already : - )
  • Options
    edited July 2018

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

shine166 said:

Disagree.

Well sadly I’m evidently just not as bright/clever/astute or intelligent as you.
    You can be such a snidey two faced fucker at times Ben!
  • Options
    Now now gentlemen. Come on.
  • Options
    Especially at their age.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Curb_It said:

Well I’m fed up with him belittling people with smart arse comments, like he knows what’s best all the time.
    You just don’t know where you stand with Ben.....one minute you think you’re friendly with each other, the next he’s belittling you.
    At least he’s like it with everyone....not just me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

shine166 said:

Disagree.

Well sadly I’m evidently just not as bright/clever/astute or intelligent as you.
    You can be such a snidey two faced fucker at times Ben!
    Seems you do give a toss then Stu.

I pointed something out to you that you admit you had missed, you then got snidey about it, not me.

CAST are meant to be part of CARD but then publicly went against the agreed position of the Coalition of which they are meant to be a key part, yet you call me two-faced. Weird.
  • Options
    You take things to heart too much Stu. Try to let it go over your head. Last few days have seen too much falling out with different people.

God I hope we have some good news soon.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Well I’m fed up with him belittling people with smart arse comments, like he knows what’s best all the time.
    You just don’t know where you stand with Ben.....one minute you think you’re friendly with each other, the next he’s belittling you.
    I think you need to take your own advice. Seems when you say what you think it's because you don't give a toss but then you get very, very upset if someone dares to disagree.

I didn't abuse you, that has all come from your side, you belittled yourself when you decided to ignore a key fact because it didn't suit your take on things. That was funny.
  • Options
    I blame Brexit.
  • Options
    Meanwhile with apparently 5k season tickets sold and dwindling walk up support it will be hard to see that a boycott is truly being observed.

I inferrrd CARD plan some other tangible evidence to demonstrate their frustration. I guess those of us on the outside will be informed in due course.

Might help if those in the know told us all they know. Remains hard to see why we now think RD is delaying unnecessarily.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

I think you need to take your own advice. Seems when you say what you think it's because you don't give a toss but then you get very, very upset if someone dares to disagree.

I didn't abuse you, that has all come from your side, you belittled yourself when you decided to ignore a key fact because it didn't suit your take on things. That was funny.
    I wonder if you do it on purpose or that’s just your character?
    I always have been pleased to see you and chat for a while when we meet.....but when you turn on people like you often do it’s extremely disconcerting.
    I have no problem whatsoever with you disagreeing with what I or anyone else has to say come to that and you expressing your view point accordingly .....it’s just the way you do it at times that rubs folk up the wrong way....it comes across as very very arrogant Ben.
    Like I say, I’m not sure if it’s done deliberately to humiliate people or you just find it awkward to express yourself with the written word and it comes out that way.
    I haven’t found you to be unpleasant when I’ve been in your company but right now I just don’t know how to react to you when we next meet.
    I’m going to find it awkward and it shouldn’t be that way.....not with you or any fellow Addick.
  • Options

I blame the People's Popular Front! Splitters!

I expect a breakaway splinter group to be formed soon, The Charlton Athletic Trust for Supporters. CATS is a better acronym too :smile:
  • Options
    Where is The Charlton Athletic Trust for Supporters? He's over there - Splitter!