Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Options
    Article says he’s scored four goals for Charlton. Doncaster in play off , Coventry and Shrewsbury away. Anyone remember who the fourth was against.
  • Options
    Slightly surprised it's happened now and not later in the season but fair play to him. Seems to have stepped it up a gear this season. I wasn't far off being in the Leuth camp of opinions about Pratley but he's changed that around. 
  • Options
    Slightly surprised as he's 34, but he has a key role on and off the pitch. I imagine whatever division we are in next season we will be relying on young loan midfielders, and you need his experience around them
  • Options
    Fully deserves it based on how he played at Wembley and so far this season

Said it already but think he suits the Championship better as more teams want to just play at this level

In League One you get more teams who are happy to have a scrap just as much as Darren
  • Options
    Slightly surprised as he's 34, but he has a key role on and off the pitch. I imagine whatever division we are in next season we will be relying on young loan midfielders, and you need his experience around them
    I agree. 
    His experience in the premier league next season will be very good 😁
  • Options
    Unusual for us to do it this early but I’m pleased - this could be a sign we are trying to tie more players down?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    One of our warriors, like Pearce.

Not only physically strong but mentally strong too. He's a leader, on and off the pitch.
    A role model for the young players at the club.

No wonder Bowyer, says "I love him". That's his way of saying he's able to depend on him in so many ways.

• Options
    I agree. 
    His experience in the premier league next season will be very good 😁
    I look forward to seeing him kick De Bruyne on Match of the Day in a year's time  :D
  • Options
    Pleased with that.

Proper pro, willing to help the youngsters.

Outstanding at Wembley.
  • Options
    Yes deserves this could see him joining coaching staff when he hangs his boots up 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He's looked fitter and more effective, so I think probably earnt. 

Now announce Naby
    That would amaze / delight me if that happened

Fully expecting this to be his last season simply because of his high wages
    Williams took a pay cut to stay.

Why not Beckensarr?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Now announce Naby

Why not Beckensarr?
    Younger / maybe doesnt have the financial stability that Williams has, especially as Jonny got to enjoy Premier League wages from Palace no doubt
  • Options
    Are Sarr's wages STILL higher than those of our recent permanent signings? He's on what, 6 or 7k a week?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Now announce Naby

Why not Beckensarr?
    Younger / maybe doesnt have the financial stability that Williams has, especially as Jonny got to enjoy Premier League wages from Palace no doubt
    Naby Sarr is a year older than Jonny. Naby has been our highest earner since he joined - that will be 5 years of C.£10K per week... I am sure he is doing alright.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Are Sarr's wages STILL higher than those of our recent permanent signings? He's on what, 6 or 7k a week?
    God knows what we were offering players initially

It was interesting though that we released Vetokele primarily because of his injury record rather than his wage demands though so isnt unreasonable that we'll be able to keep Naby
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Every club needs a Darren Prattley.(even if I’ve spelt his name wrong) that’ll wind the English teachers up on here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Now announce Naby

Why not Beckensarr?
    Naby Sarr is a year older than Jonny. Naby has been our highest earner since he joined - that will be 5 years of C.£10K per week... I am sure he is doing alright.
    Whilst Jonny has probably been enjoying surely five times that amount... The Fulham wages mentioned yesterday might not be the full truth but they're a sign of what Premier League players earn
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Now announce Naby

Why not Beckensarr?
    Whilst Jonny has probably been enjoying surely five times that amount... The Fulham wages mentioned yesterday might not be the full truth but they're a sign of what Premier League players earn
    I know for a fact Jonny was on nowhere near 50K, closer to £15K.
  • Options
    Love it when a player like Pratley an experienced pro, wants to stay & fight for our cause, despite all that’s happening in the background, the footballing side undertaken by Bows,Gallen & Jacko is pretty special in terms of where we are at...love this squad it smacks of togetherness & unity...long may that trio reign over us...

well done Dazza & thank you...👏👏👏
  • Options
    I wonder if Pratley is doing/has done his badges.  Seems to have manager qualities.
  • Options
    Prately seems a possible fitness freak?
  • Options
    I wonder if Pratley is doing/has done his badges.  Seems to have manager qualities.
    I kind of hope he has. He clearly loves it at Charlton, and would be ideal at some level in the Academy, when he decides to hang up his boots.

Maybe Jacko can have a word...
  • Options
    Seriously underwhelmed when he signed and obviously a far better player than I realised who seems very fit.
  • Options
    Having an Andy Hughes/Darren Pratley style experienced professional is always a benefit to the squad - even if he doesn't play his example and experience will be so good for the younger players to learn from. 

• Options
    Needs a thread title update...