Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open - 2018

Comments

• Options
    just looked, Speith/Stenson look value outright. Surprised SPeith is 20/1. Finau, my normal bet is 80/1 so probably stick a couple on, find a couple of long shots who have a tidy short game but long odds.
  • Options
    That's just silly
  • Options
    Wtf, dont undstand it looks like a mishit but obviously is what he is trying to do.
  • Options

Wtf, dont undstand it looks like a mishit but obviously is what he is trying to do.
    It's a trick shot - he's just opened up the face on his wedge to get the ball to clear the spectator. Very trusting!
  • Options

It's a trick shot - he's just opened up the face on his wedge to get the ball to clear the spectator. Very trusting!
    "Just"...

Easy as that, eh? :-)
  • Options
    Harrington - E/W
    F Molinari - E/W
    Rose - Win
  • Options

"Just"...

Not really. Probably got a 1 in 1000 success rate with this type of shot - I would have maimed the spectator.
  • Options

"Just"...

Not really. Probably got a 1 in 1000 success rate with this type of shot - I would have maimed the spectator.
    I don't think he'd be having any fun in the bedroom for a while if I tried it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

"Just"...

Knowing my ability to hit lob shots, I would have caught him around the ankle!
    That would be a very lazy lob.
  • Options
    presume you are ITK
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

"Just"...

Knowing my ability to hit lob shots, I would have caught him around the ankle!
    Knowing my ability i would have missed him completely just not gone upwards :smiley:
  • Options
    Small e/w on,
    Bubba
    Zach Johnson
    Brooks Koepka
    Molinari

With Skybet, paying out on first 10 places.
  • Options
    You still get decent odds midway through day two so I won't be sticking my neck out just yet.
    Gives you a chance to see who's really not at it.
    Worked out well for me in the past.
  • Options
    I'm up here now. Just played Aberdour and at the golf tomorrow. I'm going for Molinari, Poulter and Zach Johnson all e/w. Play Burnt Island Friday and then come home Friday afternoon.
  • Options
    Weather forecast very benign. Probably favours the Americans.

Heading up on early train in the morning. See you there @Supaclive? We can continue our discussions on the merits of Raheem. Or not;-)
  • Options

Heading up on early train in the morning. See you there @Supaclive? We can continue our discussions on the merits of Raheem. Or not;-)

Would buy you a beer, sure! @Weegie Addick
  • Options
    Had a punt on 5 X 3 balls today - Langer, Henley, Berger, Stanley & Molinari - pays approx 100-1.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Would buy you a beer, sure! @Weegie Addick
    Now that's an offer! We are due to arrive c 10 and likely to be hanging around the 1st/17th/18th As Mr W has a dodgy knee so not up to walking miles. If you're going to be in that vicinity, let me know and hopefully we can cross paths.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finau to win the PGA next month.
  • Options
    Had a super day, though sorry we didn't manage to find you, @supaclive. Glorious weather, really easy to get up close, no queues for food and drink. Saw some great play and some awful play. No idea who will win - loads still in contention.
  • Options
    I watched some TV coverage and spectator numbers seemed very small, this was mentioned quite a lot in 5Live too which I had on all day. 18th grandstands about 1/4 full to see Tiger finish. Ok it was 8.15 but it was Tiger FFS!
  • Options

Had a super day, though sorry we didn't manage to find you, @supaclive. Glorious weather, really easy to get up close, no queues for food and drink. Saw some great play and some awful play. No idea who will win - loads still in contention.

Yes sorry. Got hardly any phone reception up there - next time! Very open Open. The rain may help this morning depending how breezy it is for the guys out there.

I've got Poulter, Molinari and Zach Johnson...
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I watched some TV coverage and spectator numbers seemed very small, this was mentioned quite a lot in 5Live too which I had on all day. 18th grandstands about 1/4 full to see Tiger finish. Ok it was 8.15 but it was Tiger FFS!

It's one and a half to two hours by train from Glasgow or Edinburgh and Carnoustie itself is a small place without much accommodation so most people had a long trip - we were on first train out of Glasgow and second last back and were on the course from 9.30 till 7. Was always going to be virtually empty by 8pm.

I'm foreseeing next year at Portrush being a bit busier as every Northern Irish person I meet intends to go!
  • Options
    Never discount Fleetwood. Long way to go but he always seems to pull out a good round at these majors just when you think he's going to struggle to make an impact.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I think I had a mental block and forgot that it was starting yesterday as I saw Justin Rose at 33-1 yesterday evening and eagerly leapt on each way.

I then thought sh** it's Thursday at those odds Justin is still probably busy hacking his way back to Carnoustie from the next county!

When I checked he was 2 over. Never mind 3 rounds to go he might climb a bit....
  • Options

Backed Rahm to win it 30 minutes ago. In that time he’s gone triple bogey, bogey. Superb stuff.

And just thrown his club in anger.

Good luck:)
  • Options
    What a shot by Spieth.