Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open - 2018

Comments

• Options

Hatton, Thomas and Knox are the 3 I’ve gone with.

And all 3 are likely to miss the cuts. Well played lads :wink:
  • Options

Backed Rahm to win it 30 minutes ago. In that time he’s gone triple bogey, bogey. Superb stuff.

And just thrown his club in anger.

Good luck:)
    Haha he’s just double bogeyed.

Fantastic.
  • Options
    Rose looks like missing the cut.

Why doesn't my annual bet on Palace avoiding relegation work out like nearly all my other bets?
  • Options
    Brave 18th by Rose to make the cut
  • Options
    Think Fleetwood must be due a major soon - seems to have the temperament for it.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

His best performance at The Open remains his days as an amature. Amazing.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Taxi_Lad said:

His best performance at The Open remains his days as an amature. Amazing.
    No pressure. Wasn't expected to do anything so could relax. I mean, he had won the US Open & is the Olympic Champion so not a bad CV at this stage.
  • Options
    Fleetwood or Zack Johnson methinks
  • Options
    Woods doing far better than I expected - will it last?
  • Options

Not a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

Not a chance
    So you think one of the best ever, fit, confident and in form has zero chance of hanging around on Sunday? Okay.

The wind is due to pick up for the final hour or two today, apparently. I'd like Spieth and Rory in the same group tomorrow.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Not a chance
    So you think one of the best ever, fit, confident and in form has zero chance of hanging around on Sunday? Okay.

The wind is due to pick up for the final hour or two today, apparently. I'd like Spieth and Rory in the same group tomorrow.
    I think Woods is the 2nd best golfer of all time.
    It's just that with the amount of quality golfers about at the moment I cannot see him winning another major.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Not a chance

I think Woods is the 2nd best golfer of all time.
    It's just that with the amount of quality golfers about at the moment I cannot see him winning another major.
    I think he's potentially got one more in him but I agree it won't be this week.

Fleetwood has been unusually quiet today.
  • Options
    Rory is exceptional tee to green but his putting just isn’t the same standard as the top guys. He doesn’t get as many of the 10-20 footers that they all seem to knock in at will and he always has a three foot miss in him like the one he’s just had. And I think he knows it which is why he’s on a different mental plane that he was on when he was in his youthful pomp a few years ago.
  • Options
    Noren doing a Van De Velde up 18
  • Options
    1 day left and I've still got 3 runners, Spieth@16/1, Molinari@28/1 and Matt Kuchar@66/1
    only a few bob ew but will keep me watching now!
  • Options

1 day left and I've still got 3 runners, Spieth@16/1, Molinari@28/1 and Matt Kuchar@66/1
    only a few bob ew but will keep me watching now!

I got £10 e/w on kuchar as well
  • Options
    Can't see much past the top 5 or 6. Anyone on 5 under (inc Woods) would need a 64 or 65 & then have all the top 4 to shoot nothing better than a 69 or 70. Can't see it myself. Only thing against that is Kuchar & Fleetwood both had bad rounds compared to virtually all the top 15, so maybe its their turn to be 4 or 5 under & the rest fall away.....but can't see it myself. Expect Speith to get his customary luck......hit it 80 yards off line & get a free drop away from the tv trucks when mere mortals wouldn't be afforded the same exemption.
  • Options

Can't see much past the top 5 or 6. Anyone on 5 under (inc Woods) would need a 64 or 65 & then have all the top 4 to shoot nothing better than a 69 or 70. Can't see it myself. Only thing against that is Kuchar & Fleetwood both had bad rounds compared to virtually all the top 15, so maybe its their turn to be 4 or 5 under & the rest fall away.....but can't see it myself. Expect Speith to get his customary luck......hit it 80 yards off line & get a free drop away from the tv trucks when mere mortals wouldn't be afforded the same exemption.

If the wind changes direction and blows hard then par today will be a good score. If that's the case then I can see the winner coming from off the pace and any on -5 or better has a chance, including Woods. Kisner is playing way above his form going into this and expect him to drop like a stone, Shauffele doesn't have the experience, and Spieth is due for his luck to change for the worse.

It would not surprise me if -10 or worse wins it.
  • Options
    Was sad to see fowler shoot badly yesterday as probably one of my favourite golfers, would take Tommy winning it as he seems like a likeable bloke and also always nice to see a non yank winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spieth the favourite but plenty of dangers. Molinari might be the biggest threat, playing better than anybody recently.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Despite it being all bunched up and exciting so far I have a funny feeling that someone may win it by to or three shots. Most probably Spieth. Molinari the danger. Something about Kisner I don’t like so hope he doesn’t prevail (im sure he’s a great guy but he just sounds and looks annoying). Hopefully I’m wrong and it turns out to be a compelling ten way shootout.
  • Options
    hate the bloody yanks winning it.....if not a brit then please let it be a european or then an aussie/nz. even a saffer if needs be.
  • Options
    Tiger's on the prowl...
  • Options
    I'm wanting Molinari to win this.
    The only one who can stop the yanks
  • Options
    Pepperell will be thinking my score is not quite good enough.....is it?!
  • Options

Did you back him mate.
  • Options

Pepperell will be thinking my score is not quite good enough.....is it?!

I'm beginning to think it might at least get him in a play off.
  • Options

Did you back him mate.
    No - amazed he's still going at the top. Didn't think he would contend again.

Whatever happens today he deserves great credit.
  • Options
    I for one would love to see him win a major again, astonishing golfer when on form