Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confirmed- Josh Magennis joins Bolton

Comments

• Options

Imagine we had Taylor and Maginnis...

Doubt they’d make a natural strike pairing, a bit too similar. Would certainly be nice to have them both as options though.

I think Taylor will score more than Josh did for us, but that’ll be partly down to the way Bowyer wants us to play.
    But mainly down to the fact that Taylor is a much better player.
    Magennis is average L1.
    Taylor is far better than average L1.
  • Options

Doubt they’d make a natural strike pairing, a bit too similar. Would certainly be nice to have them both as options though.

I think Taylor will score more than Josh did for us, but that’ll be partly down to the way Bowyer wants us to play.
    Magennis is average L1.
    We will see this season on Josh
  • Options

Magennis is average L1.
    Magennis has scored in The Championship
    Taylor has not.

Not saying he isnt better, but think a key issue with Magennis was service.

I have seen bith his goals and both were helped because of the players around him
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Magennis is average L1.
    Taylor has not.

I have seen bith his goals and both were helped because of the players around him
    How many one on ones did Magennis miss last season ?
    Oh and as for the penalty at Peterborough, that we all thought he would miss....

I like Magennis. Smashing bloke but an average L1 striker and if we want to get promoted out of this division we need better than average.
  • Options
    A good rate for a Goalscorer is 1 in 2
    Magennis was 1 in 4.8 for us.

• Options

Magennis is average L1.
    Taylor has not.

Simply not true.

Magennis had 5 or 6 shots per game teed up for him by his team mates, more than any other player on the pitch usually, he just couldn't finish well enough and was too greedy too often to see other options were on.

His goal yesterday wasn't a clean strike, he also usually starts a season well and the goals dry up.

We'll see how he does overall, but I'm yet to be convinced that he's any better than last season.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don't expect you to have the answer, but I wonder what the stats are for Carl Leaburn and John Pearson. Hardly prolific but both absolutely crucial to the team and the way it set up, and, unlike Josh, played in a formation that both were happy with.

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Don't expect you to have the answer, but I wonder what the stats are for Carl Leaburn and John Pearson. Hardly prolific but both absolutely crucial to the team and the way it set up, and, unlike Josh, played in a formation that both were happy with.

Leaburn scoed 53 in 344
    Pearson scored 15 in 61
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Leaburn scoed 53 in 344
    Pearson scored 15 in 61
    1 in 6.49
    and
    1 in 4.06

Would love to know how many goals they played an active part in creating?

I don't think MAG was heavily involved in creating many goals. He had a lot of shockingly bad shots probably a 1 goal per 15 shots player.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Leaburn scoed 53 in 344
    Pearson scored 15 in 61
    To be fair, Leaburn went for a long period when he wasn't scoring, and got a lot of stick as a result. It was only under Gritt and Curbs that he became a key member of the team, creating AND scoring. Indeed it would be interesting to see his stats under Lennie, and then under Gritt/Curbs
  • Options
    Good to see Parkinson being able to hack it in the Championship at the moment though, that win puts them third two points behind Leeds who are top
  • Options

Good to see Parkinson being able to hack it in the Championship at the moment though, that win puts them third two points behind Leeds who are top

Are they not level with Leeds
  • Options

Yes sorry... Thought Leeds were on 12-pts for a moment
  • Options

Haha, had Brentford held on tonight they would have been joint top as well
  • Options

Haha, had Brentford held on tonight they would have been joint top as well
    Awful last minute equaliser to concede
  • Options
    These reporters eh? Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
  • Options
    Where would we be today had we kept Parkinson?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:

Where would we be today had we kept Parkinson?

Probably same place as we are now.
    We won't move forward under any manager until Roland departs.
  • Options
    Magdennis is history, he sometimes put a shift in for us but imo Taylor is a better player all round. Still early days for both at their new clubs, best of luck to big Josh but personally dont feel he is a Championship player or a goalscorer.
  • Options
    Charlton "dud" goes on to tear up trees at another club shocker!

We are a cliché of a football club...

FUCK OFF ROLAND.
  • Options

Magdennis is history, he sometimes put a shift in for us but imo Taylor is a better player all round. Still early days for both at their new clubs, best of luck to big Josh but personally dont feel he is a Championship player or a goalscorer.

Magennis played the majority of his time at Charlton with two very poor managers.

Not sure you can say a guy plying his trade in The Championship, who's been a star performer for his country on the International stage is worse than Taylor.

• Options
    supaclive said:

Magennis played the majority of his time at Charlton with two very poor managers.

Not sure you can say a guy plying his trade in The Championship, who's been a star performer for his country on the International stage is worse than Taylor.

Its all about of opinions, i dont rate him. Still early for Taylor but i prefer him.

Fairplay he is an international/ champ player, not saying he is rubbish just a league 1 player for me. He might prove me wrong and keep scoring but i'd be surprised
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Exactly. Taylor might score more goals over a season but that's not to say Magennis doesn't do a job.

However if Taylor was Northern irish i'm sure he'd have a few caps as well.
  • Options
    He didnt have the service with us, I really dont understand how he can be labelled as shit... when im pretty sure we could take any single striker from a league above us and make them look poor within 10 games.

Harry Kane wouldt get 15 goals if he joined us any time in the last 5 seasons.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

MrOneLung said:

Leaburn scoed 53 in 344
    Pearson scored 15 in 61
    To be fair, Leaburn went for a long period when he wasn't scoring, and got a lot of stick as a result. It was only under Gritt and Curbs that he became a key member of the team, creating AND scoring. Indeed it would be interesting to see his stats under Lennie, and then under Gritt/Curbs
    Here you go....

Lennie; 4 in 91 (all games)

Curbishley/Gritt; 62 in 285 (all games)

Overall; 66 in 376