Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Just turned on Sky Sports and they are reporting fans outside protesting, with a helicopter over the stadium.  Seemingly press interviews are being shortened as well.
    Lennon has ONLY won nine titles in a row, and 38? consecutive cup matches.
    They have passion up there, to be admired given the dross and predictable results they see.  They ought to spend a season watching a team down here.
    I will add that I do like Celtic and have had a couple of cracking trips up there over the years.
  • Options
    AC Milan up next! :smiley:
    And Charlton have Mk Dons...mmm
  • Options
    Just turned on Sky Sports and they are reporting fans outside protesting, with a helicopter over the stadium.  Seemingly press interviews are being shortened as well.
    They have passion up there, to be admired given the dross and predictable results they see.  They ought to spend a season watching a team down here.
    I will add that I do like Celtic and have had a couple of cracking trips up there over the years.
    Lennon hasn’t won nine titles in a row.
  • Options
    9 titles and 38 cup matches(not including European competitions) against teams massively inferior to them lol.

Hardly a big achievement is it, just look how they have got in in Europe lost 4-1 twice to Sparta Prague(thats there only 2 wins in their last 6 games before this weekend) then you look at getting knocmed out of the Champions League to Ferencvaros, its alright beatinf St Mirren in the league and Cup but when u cant beat Ferencvaros u need to look at yourself 
  • Options
    He's undone everything Brendan Rodgers did there in about 18 months.
  • Options
    Meaning?
  • Options
    9 titles and 38 cup matches(not including European competitions) against teams massively inferior to them lol.

Hardly a big achievement is it, just look how they have got in in Europe lost 4-1 twice to Sparta Prague(thats there only 2 wins in their last 6 games before this weekend) then you look at getting knocmed out of the Champions League to Ferencvaros, its alright beatinf St Mirren in the league and Cup but when u cant beat Ferencvaros u need to look at yourself 
    Of course they were inferior. That's what winning the league means, you're the best team and the others aren't as good so they are "inferior"

Good to see you're interested in Celtic again @paulie8290 as you were saying how you had no interest at all when they were winning.  What's changed? 😂
  • Options

Of course they were inferior. That's what winning the league means, you're the best team and the others aren't as good so they are "inferior"

Good to see you're interested in Celtic again @paulie8290 as you were saying how you had no interest at all when they were winning.  What's changed? 😂
    They started losing.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Meaning?
    Meaning I wouldn't take the piss of any club playing at a much higher level playing the cream of Europe ...when we are playing MK dons... anyway thought this was a Charlton forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    He's undone everything Brendan Rodgers did there in about 18 months.
    Indeed, as soon as the Rogers team and impact faded, as it had to, Lennon was shown to be not up to it as many predicted.

Long hard rebuild now needed that should have started 18 months ago and much harder to get a top notch manager to do it.

But football is cyclical, we've had nearly a decade on top now Rangers win the league for the first time ever and on merit.
  • Options

Difference is when do I tag u in anything.

I dont post to try and get a rise from you, i post as and when I feel like it to get what I want to say out there.

You on the other hand feel the need to tag certain people all the time, like u tagged me in this, obviously living in your head rent free 
  • Options

I dont post to try and get a rise from you, i post as and when I feel like it to get what I want to say out there.

You on the other hand feel the need to tag certain people all the time, like u tagged me in this, obviously living in your head rent free 
    Whooooooooosh

Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning. 😂
    RENT FREE
  • Options

In the week heavy D died, boom 💥 and boom 💥 again
  • Options

Whooooooooosh

Let them enjoy their moment...I suspect there will be another scandal that will blight them soon.... strange where they have all sprung from all of a sudden.... just like i witnessed when I lived there in the 80s.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Fair enough, but without backtracking, the point I was making not very well was that the supporters must realise they cannot win every game.
    Coming back to Lennon how many titles has he won?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Meaning?
    Meaning I wouldn't take the piss of any club playing at a much higher level playing the cream of Europe ...when we are playing MK dons... anyway thought this was a Charlton forum.
    I mean it is a Charlton forum, so a dig at Charlton seems peculiar. But this is a thread on Celtic. It’s all relative. When higher teams struggle, it’s about them and their level, not an opportunity to compare to Charlton. 
    When in recent years people were celebrating Celtics success you have quite vehemently stated this is a Charlton forum what's it got to do with Celtic, go back and look if you don't believe me...

Quite surprised you have come back in...but then not really now that they are losing...at least I am consistent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Fair enough, but without backtracking, the point I was making not very well was that the supporters must realise they cannot win every game.
    Finished off a Rodgers season taking on the job in February, then won a league which was cut short and doesn't really count.

• Options
    se9addick said:

Officially two, arguably none. 
  • Options
    Seems the Celtic followers on this thread, who have been winding up the Ranger followers on this thread since it started are now starting to get awfully defensive when the tables are turned.

Whooooooooosh

I think you'll find that most responses are to Celtic being knocked out of the Scottish League Cup at home to lowly Ross County.

Four home defeats on the trot and Milan up next.
  • Options
    Both Rangers and Celtic must be applauded for getting 50k gates every week.
    I have seen a bit of Scottish football over the years, ranging from Albion Rovers to Celtic and Rangers, equally the passion is a lot more intense than in England.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Didn’t he win several in his first spell?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Wiki says he won 3 consecutive.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Yeah he did 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

5 as a player, 5 as a manager. Although the last 2 were probably more down to Rodgers than himself.

As an aside, pretty embarrassing stuff from Celtic fans tonight. We're in the middle of a pandemic and they're busy trying to fight police because they've lost their first trophy in about 4 years.
  • Options
    Both Rangers and Celtic must be applauded for getting 50k gates every week.
    I have seen a bit of Scottish football over the years, ranging from Albion Rovers to Celtic and Rangers, equally the passion is a lot more intense than in England.
    The football Rangers are playing this year is pretty decent, the results that they are getting in Europe against some good teams (as well as doing really well in the league so far) are not a fluke. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Meaning?
    I mean it is a Charlton forum, so a dig at Charlton seems peculiar. But this is a thread on Celtic. It’s all relative. When higher teams struggle, it’s about them and their level, not an opportunity to compare to Charlton. 
    When in recent years people were celebrating Celtics success you have quite vehemently stated this is a Charlton forum what's it got to do with Celtic, go back and look if you don't believe me...

Quite surprised you have come back in...but then not really now that they are losing...at least I am consistent
    Well yes. Why would Charlton fans celebrate another teams success and get so defensive about them when they lose? As a Charlton fan and Englishman, I’ll continue to enjoy Celtics demise. Surely you can see the difference