Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car hit pedestrians outside parliament

Comments

• Options

just deleted out a heap of divisive repeated rubbish that's not needed (Trump, Hopkins, left wing, right wing, grammar blah blah). Please did side off again in other nonsense, ta

I don't know what I should be more concerned about............a forum re-writing history or not allowing freedom of speech.
  • Options

just deleted out a heap of divisive repeated rubbish that's not needed (Trump, Hopkins, left wing, right wing, grammar blah blah). Please did side off again in other nonsense, ta

I don't know what I should be more concerned about............a forum re-writing history or not allowing freedom of speech.
    I would blame someone but I'm scared of my comment being blitzed!

Peace 'n' Love to you all!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

You need to research freedom of speech. You have the right to say what you like under the law, free from government prosecution. Doesn't mean you have to say it here, or we have to "publish" it.
    Freedom of speech =/= freedom from recrimination from your peers (or, in this case, internet forum admins).

It protects the right to broadcast an opinion without fear of legal/governmental retribution. Example: you're free to write on my Facebook wall saying "you're a dickhead Paddy", and I am also free to delete it off my wall. Etc etc.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

You need to research freedom of speech. You have the right to say what you like under the law, free from government prosecution. Doesn't mean you have to say it here, or we have to "publish" it.
    That's the sort of the thing Trump or Hopkins or Corbyn would say. And there they're their grammar would be bad.
  • Options
    Glad none of the victims are seriously hurt and the driver is in custody.

Sounds like the police did a great job very quickly and efficiently.

I'll wait and see what happens now.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Glad none of the victims are seriously hurt and the driver is in custody.

Sounds like the police did a great job very quickly and efficiently.

I'll wait and see what happens now.

Fortunately they only had to jump back over the barrier again...

More fortunately, they managed to jump it in the first place.
  • Options
    Amazing how quickly you can move when you notice some nutter trying to mow you down.

The speed of the Police reaction and number of ARUs turning up within a minute of it happening was incredible. If you watch the video, it even looks like a police van follows him into the cordoned off area.

Get the feeling that they'd been monitoring/following his progress this morning.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Addickted said:

Amazing how quickly you can move when you notice some nutter trying to mow you down.

The speed of the Police reaction and number of ARUs turning up within a minute of it happening was incredible. If you watch the video, it even looks like a police van follows him into the cordoned off area.

Get the feeling that they'd been monitoring/following his progress this morning.

Frank Gardner pointed out that this is one of the rumours already doing the rounds on social media and that it is not true.

Edit: although, having seen it again, it certainly does look like there are either one or two police vehicles following him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could have coincided with a shift swap of the Armed Officers as the van had already turned towards the HOP when the car suddenly veered and the vans had to stop for the fallen cyclist.
  • Options
    I was particularly impressed with the coolness of the bearded police there, baring in mind the very real chance of booby trap bomb in he vehicle.
    Top men.
    If I'm honest I can't understand why the guys on the gate didn't shoot as soon as the vehicle hit the barrier. If they were armed, and imo they all should be.
  • Options

I was particularly impressed with the coolness of the bearded police there, baring in mind the very real chance of booby trap bomb in he vehicle.
    Top men.
    If I'm honest I can't understand why the guys on the gate didn't shoot as soon as the vehicle hit the barrier. If they were armed, and imo they all should be.

These guys are trained to make decisions very quickly. They probably saw how gormless this idiot looked and realised straight away that they could handle him without having to shoot.
  • Options

Top men.

These guys are trained to make decisions very quickly. They probably saw how gormless this idiot looked and realised straight away that they could handle him without having to shoot.
    Hmm. Not that quickly as the recent stabbing of an unarmed policeman just round the corner shows.
    Even gormless people can have half an ounce of semtex about their vehicle.
    Genuinely can't understand why those at the barrier didn't shoot.
  • Options
    Had to giggle at the police surrounding the vehicle aiming their MP5s at the perpetrator - except one, whose aiming his taser. I get the feeling he felt slightly left out and felt he should do something.

The police vehicle following him was the one behind the ambulance and followed his 'path of attack'. It actually got hel up by the vehicle that stopped for the injured cyclists.

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Oh great I lost a load of likes because the admins didn't appreciate some posts. Pathetic.

I’m not sure if you’re whooshing us here Colt but as LookOut pointed out, there are things that get said on here that could land posters and the site in hot water. None of the things we ever delete are personal, simply removing stuff that could be used against you and the site by the authorities or are unnecessarily divisive and just send a thread down the toilet

Terrorist related incidents and threads on them are particularly contentious. We just try to keep things in perspective before we’re all each other’s throats etc
  • Options
    Just see the video on sky news.

I don't reckon the police were following him. The police even stop at the lights and they just see a car in front of them driving dangerously on the wrong side of the road to go over into st Margaret street from parliament square.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

colthe3rd said:

Oh great I lost a load of likes because the admins didn't appreciate some posts. Pathetic.

None of the things we ever delete are personal,
    Apart from 47 promotes

• Options
    cabbles said:

colthe3rd said:

I’m not sure if you’re whooshing us here Colt but as LookOut pointed out, there are things that get said on here that could land posters and the site in hot water. None of the things we ever delete are personal, simply removing stuff that could be used against you and the site by the authorities or are unnecessarily divisive and just send a thread down the toilet

Terrorist related incidents and threads on them are particularly contentious. We just try to keep things in perspective before we’re all each other’s throats etc
    Well said piddles
    Spot on :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not enough hugs on here - a lot of people are just seeking attention to make up for their unhappy childhood.
  • Options

cabbles said:

colthe3rd said:

Apart from 47 promotes

Move on.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

colthe3rd said:

Apart from 47 promotes

Move on.
    I have. Just pointing out facts
  • Options

bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

colthe3rd said:

Apart from 47 promotes

Move on.
    I have. Just pointing out facts
    No, Henners, you haven't moved on. ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Definitely looks like the OB were aware of him and tbh they should’ve shot him as soon as he turned intowards that barrier
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Carter said:

Cars don't have to be going that quick to absolutely destroy the front end.

I've got two minds about this, first is if this was some sort of terrorist act of defiance and this is the calibre of extremist we are up against then the terrorists and extremists are shit.

My other mind is this was an uber driver who fell asleep at the wheel and thankfully nobody has been seriously harmed

Uber and terrorism = same thing in my world
    They are cheaper though.

Anyway, Im safe(ish), but I am in Tonbridge, so anything could happen.
    I’m think of you at this dangerous time. Stay safe mate.
  • Options

The grammar’s the best bit!

Your having a laugh.
  • Options

I wonder what Katie Hopkins or trump think of it does anyone know

Definitely looks like the OB were aware of him and tbh they should’ve shot him as soon as he turned intowards that barrier

Pretty sure you've answered your own question!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The grammar’s the best bit!

Your having a laugh.
    You're :)