Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car hit pedestrians outside parliament

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JamesSeed said:

just deleted out a heap of divisive repeated rubbish that's not needed (Trump, Hopkins, left wing, right wing, grammar blah blah). Please did side off again in other nonsense, ta

The grammar’s the best bit!

Your having a laugh.
    You're :)
    People really struggle with grammar and spelling on here - who is to blame?
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

JamesSeed said:

just deleted out a heap of divisive repeated rubbish that's not needed (Trump, Hopkins, left wing, right wing, grammar blah blah). Please did side off again in other nonsense, ta

Your having a laugh.
    People really struggle with grammar and spelling on here - who is to blame?
    The decades old under funding of our education system, parents, and above all Jeremy Corbyn.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Amazing how quickly you can move when you notice some nutter trying to mow you down.

The speed of the Police reaction and number of ARUs turning up within a minute of it happening was incredible. If you watch the video, it even looks like a police van follows him into the cordoned off area.

Get the feeling that they'd been monitoring/following his progress this morning.

my first thought when I saw the footage.....at the very least their senses were spiked before he veered off the road. I haven't been in that area for a few years & with the heightened security I don't know if their is a response team sitting on the bridge (or very close by) anyway. I don't think it was by chance that they were following him at that moment.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Had to giggle at the police surrounding the vehicle aiming their MP5s at the perpetrator - except one, whose aiming his taser. I get the feeling he felt slightly left out and felt he should do something.

The police vehicle following him was the one behind the ambulance and followed his 'path of attack'. It actually got hel up by the vehicle that stopped for the injured cyclists.

You “had to giggle”? You actually find something remotely amusing about this? At the same place where pc Keith Palmer was murdered just over a year ago?

• Options
    Yes. It's called gallows humour.
  • Options

Just seen this. Can guarantee he'll be known to the authorities, be that ours or someone else's.

But don't worry, some Wigan and Villa fans are being monitored 24/7 for their handbags at the weekend. Sigh.

Just relieved there were no fatalities.

If an element of football fans didn't act like inadequate bellends around football then the police wouldn't have to allocate significant resources to them.

What's more those same resources could probably then be reallocated to cracking down on gang violence and terrorism.

The herberts that play up at football requiring the police to babysit them so the rest of us don't have to suffer their monumental
    cockwomblery are the only ones to blame for it, not the old bill.
    RCT - unfortunately people act like absolute c***s at many events. I’ve just been to Ascot on Sat where for the 3rd year running there on sheregar day, I have seen more drunken behaviour, obvious drug taking and fighting than I have seen in watching football at over 100 grounds.

My point is that football gets a disproportionate amount of police attention both at games and following relatively minor incidents and that is a decision that someone is making.

I don’t dispute the just of your post, but I’d just rather that more attention be focussed on some guy who may decide to get up one morning and murder as many people as possible, rather than cockwomble Colin who may have a beer to many and act like a tit on a Saturday.
  • Options
    Fair enough mate
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Sadly I think we just have to resign ourselves that every now and again one of these rogue nut jobs will try something stupid. I think we just need to pray that in as many cases as possible they are unsuccessful through both advanced intelligence or amateurish-ness of the nutjobs.

Hopefully in time the frequency will decrease and the next gen are not so brainwashed and warped.

In the morning there was a terror attack in the city where I work and in the evening there was a stabbing literally yards from my house.

What a shit society we currently live in.
  • Options

Sadly I think we just have to resign ourselves that every now and again one of these rogue nut jobs will try something stupid. I think we just need to pray that in as many cases as possible they are unsuccessful through both advanced intelligence or amateurish-ness of the nutjobs.

Hopefully in time the frequency will decrease and the next gen are not so brainwashed and warped.

In the morning there was a terror attack in the city where I work and in the evening there was a stabbing literally yards from my house.

Insane isn't it mate

Today these events happen and are news, tomorrow I'm being told off at work because I referred to a lady as 'she' as opposed to 'they' because it might have upset her
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    ....and put a pot of tea on
  • Options

Carter said:

Insane isn't it mate

Today these events happen and are news, tomorrow I'm being told off at work because I referred to a lady as 'she' as opposed to 'they' because it might have upset her
    Tell it to fuck off
    The only 'it' was the silly prick trying to pointscore and catch me out

The lady I was talking about would eat the worm, trying to bounce me into a disciplinary, for breakfast and shit him out for lunch

All because I hadn't acknowledged that someone I've known for years doesn't identify as a bloody squirrel

We live in very odd times
  • Options
    Very odd indeed when people refer to a woman as "a lady"
  • Options
    Can we keep this on topic please... Don't want to turn this thread into something it isn't...

He's been named as Salih Khater. He was not known to security services.

• Options
    And according the TV news apparently this 'British citizen' came here from Sudan about two years' ago?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Amazing how quickly you can move when you notice some nutter trying to mow you down.

The speed of the Police reaction and number of ARUs turning up within a minute of it happening was incredible. If you watch the video, it even looks like a police van follows him into the cordoned off area.

Get the feeling that they'd been monitoring/following his progress this morning.

my first thought when I saw the footage.....at the very least their senses were spiked before he veered off the road. I haven't been in that area for a few years & with the heightened security I don't know if their is a response team sitting on the bridge (or very close by) anyway. I don't think it was by chance that they were following him at that moment.
    as far as I've noticed there's usually a police van just off the road on the Victoria embankment by the bridge.
  • Options

Just seen this. Can guarantee he'll be known to the authorities, be that ours or someone else's.

But don't worry, some Wigan and Villa fans are being monitored 24/7 for their handbags at the weekend. Sigh.

Just relieved there were no fatalities.

If an element of football fans didn't act like inadequate bellends around football then the police wouldn't have to allocate significant resources to them.

What's more those same resources could probably then be reallocated to cracking down on gang violence and terrorism.

The herberts that play up at football requiring the police to babysit them so the rest of us don't have to suffer their monumental
    cockwomblery are the only ones to blame for it, not the old bill.
    RCT - unfortunately people act like absolute c***s at many events. I’ve just been to Ascot on Sat where for the 3rd year running there on sheregar day, I have seen more drunken behaviour, obvious drug taking and fighting than I have seen in watching football at over 100 grounds.

My point is that football gets a disproportionate amount of police attention both at games and following relatively minor incidents and that is a decision that someone is making.

I don’t dispute the just of your post, but I’d just rather that more attention be focussed on some guy who may decide to get up one morning and murder as many people as possible, rather than cockwomble Colin who may have a beer to many and act like a tit on a Saturday.
    100% spot on here.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Lies, damn lies, and statistics and all that.

In the UK and Europe as a whole you are three times more likely to be killed by lightning than by a terrorist attack. More likely to be killed by a faulty domestic appliance than as a result of violent crime.

Yes of course awful things happen and it is brought into sharper focus when it's close to home, but there is far more good in our society than bad.
    @bobmunro

You know I love you, Bob, right? That said I have to pull you up on the wonky comparison to home appliances and lightning.

I think this short clip gives a pretty good answer as to why it's not a healthy comparison.

https://youtu.be/Nqro2DTGhlo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JamesSeed said:

Your having a laugh.
    Yes! I’ve finally whooshed someone!!
    Ah balls!
  • Options
    He was a very grateful refugee, that decided to demonstrate his gratitude in an unconventional manner.
  • Options
    Obviously disappointed with what Great Britain had to offer ! Was told to visit his MP and lodge a complaint.
  • Options
    Why do I keep reading that he was in London to get a visa to go back to Sudan. He wasn’t. He was in London to carry out a terror attack.
  • Options
    we allow these scumbags to come to our country.
    This is how some repay us. We are the laughing stock of the world!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

we allow these scumbags to come to our country.
    This is how some repay us. We are the laughing stock of the world!

Not true. There have been attacks like this in many places (Barcelona, Nice, New York, Stockholm, Berlin) so there is sympathy and solidarity rather than derision from other countries. It's not just us - it is a global problem with radicalised young men which the world needs to tackle.

Hopefully as he wasn't shot he can provide information about any associates who might pose a threat. There have been some major convictions for planning attacks in the UK recently that never got passed the planning stage, so gathering intelligence and prosecuting radicals is an effective way of taking these twisted people down.
  • Options
    Glad he never had a boot full of explosives. Police got it right this time, luckily
  • Options
    Drive from Birmingham in the wee hours, drive around Tottenham Court Road area for 3-4 hours, then to Westminster, Sudanese embassy in St James, conceivably he could have been heading there, but from TCR to st James you don’t go via parliament square or millbank