Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Were Charlton correct in playing a notably weakened side in the League Cup?

13»

Comments

• Options
    YES

The competition needs scrapping, or some kind of radical overhaul merging it with the checkatrade. Maybe remove the Premier League teams, or at least those that qualified for Europe the previous season and have all remaining teams enter at round 1. You need some kind of genuine carrot at the end like a European place or even a promotion spot or something (not quite sure how that would work) because at the moment there is very little financial incentive to stay in the competition, and no real hope of winning it for most teams, and if you do get a game against a big team, it'll be their U23s.

Is there anyone left who actually cares about the league cup?

Unless I missed a recent change it does have a European place for the winner?
  • Options
    YES
    Scoham said:

The competition needs scrapping, or some kind of radical overhaul merging it with the checkatrade. Maybe remove the Premier League teams, or at least those that qualified for Europe the previous season and have all remaining teams enter at round 1. You need some kind of genuine carrot at the end like a European place or even a promotion spot or something (not quite sure how that would work) because at the moment there is very little financial incentive to stay in the competition, and no real hope of winning it for most teams, and if you do get a game against a big team, it'll be their U23s.

Is there anyone left who actually cares about the league cup?

Unless I missed a recent change it does have a European place for the winner?
    Yes, sorry I meant it needs to maintain that after it’s been made onto a tournament that excludes the sides that perennially qualify for Europe through the league. It’s needs to be a tournament that smaller teams both have a chance of winning and actually want to try and win.
  • Options
    YES
    If we win today, YES, if not, what was the point