Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could own any car what would it be?

Comments

• Options
    Aston Martin DB5.
  • Options
    Porsche 959.

Close thread.
  • Options

Lotus Cortina Mk2

I had one of these babies back in the day.
    I put 4 remould tyres on it and caned it to Devon.
    When I looked at the tyres in the morning they were as smooth as glass.
    I never told the bird I was with and drove home seven days later at about 45 miles an hour.

True story.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Porsche 959.

Close thread.

Here you go:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/classic/porsche-959-dakar-auction-ps25m

A man of your means!!
  • Options
    BMW i8. the new convertible version. Fast, hybrid and looks amazing.
  • Options
    Metro 6R4 , especially in the Rothmans paint job.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Porsche 959.

Close thread.

Here you go:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/classic/porsche-959-dakar-auction-ps25m

A man of your means!!
    It wouldn’t be a Dakar one!! Plus my wife’s still getting over the shock from 2010 when I went out to order a bathroom and came back with a 911!
  • Options
    Morgan or an e-type
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Not quite. But my local 4x4 dealer has this. https://saxton4x4.co.uk/used/4x4/land-rover/defender-90/defender-90-2.2-td-xs-station-wagon-twisted-black-for-sale-au13twj/

Practicality aside and money no object what would your dream car be?

It would have to be a Lancia for me - would probably fall to bits but they're the cars I loved as a kid.

Lancia Delta Integrale would probably be my choice.

Ha! I had a Lancia 40 years ago. A Beta Coupe. I've since owned much better, (well very much quicker and more expensive anyway) vehicles but still consider that to have been the most fun. Steering was horrendously heavy though. A friend had a standard Fulvia Coupe which was beautiful. So, for me I think it would be a toss-up between a Lancia Fulvia Zagato and a Brooklands 280 Capri plus somewhere sensible to keep it. Apologies for the photo it's a scan of an old print from a dodgy camera.
    A friend of mine owned a Lancia Montecarlo - lovely car but as you can imagine destroyed by rust.
  • Options
    Knew someone with a Ferrari Daytona, always that was the ultimate car
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafcfan said:

Not quite. But my local 4x4 dealer has this. https://saxton4x4.co.uk/used/4x4/land-rover/defender-90/defender-90-2.2-td-xs-station-wagon-twisted-black-for-sale-au13twj/

It would have to be a Lancia for me - would probably fall to bits but they're the cars I loved as a kid.

Ha! I had a Lancia 40 years ago. A Beta Coupe. I've since owned much better, (well very much quicker and more expensive anyway) vehicles but still consider that to have been the most fun. Steering was horrendously heavy though. A friend had a standard Fulvia Coupe which was beautiful. So, for me I think it would be a toss-up between a Lancia Fulvia Zagato and a Brooklands 280 Capri plus somewhere sensible to keep it. Apologies for the photo it's a scan of an old print from a dodgy camera.
    A friend of mine owned a Lancia Montecarlo - lovely car but as you can imagine destroyed by rust.
    Sadly so. There's still a few around but the prices are creeping up.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Sadly so. There's still a few around but the prices are creeping up.
    You'd struggle to find many old Lancias that haven't rusted away. The Lancia Beta rust problems more or less killed it off as a brand
    and they never recovered.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Anyone with an interest in classic cars should watch Chasing Classic Cars on Sky, some of the absolute beauties Wayne Carini buys and sells are stunning, but christ, they are worth a fortune.

Well worth watching, as it's about the cars rather than him. Would love to have his mechanic, Roger on hand to help me out whenever I'm working on mine. Never gets in a flap and has forgotten more than I'll ever know about old cars.
  • Options
    Tesla Model S P100D
  • Options

McLaren P1 in metallic blood orange with cream leather interior.
    Current price.....£1,200,000!!!

Had one but part exchanged it for my astra last winter as was a bugger to start from the cold.
  • Options
    Ferrari Laferrari for me

• Options
    What car you got @DaveMehmet ?
  • Options

I love the flowing line of cars designed in the 1930s, so my choice would be this

or this

I’m saving up for a Delahaye 135
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably the one with the highest resale value, so I could sell it and drive something that suits me more.
  • Options

What car you got @DaveMehmet ?

This mate.

imageimage
    Looks like fun mate
  • Options
    Audi R8
  • Options
    Hyundai i30
  • Options
    Hyundai i30
  • Options
    Ford Mustang.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I had one of these for a while as a (very nippy) runaround

I drove it out to Poland and had some great fun in the snow before it passed on to its current owner who still drives it on the Polish rally circuit. last I saw it was in full Martini racing colours which is how they should look

EDIT-

Just found a photo of it

• Options
    Actually, always fancied a Nissan skyline
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Actually, always fancied a Nissan skyline

ooh, another car I've driven quite a bit as my brother had one, I think it was the R33 but not 100% on that

I have never before or since driven something that corners so well, it just hugged the ground
  • Options

E type Jag.

Hands down, fir me... I'm just surprised that you didn't say a souped up vauxhall nova