Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options

Everton really are rubbish at defending set pieces.

• Options

Felt Sane had a poor game there, not surprised he's been hooked.

• Options

Everton really are rubbish at defending set pieces.

Pep definitely been taking tips from Millwall.
  • Options

And they score with the last touch of the second half too!

• Options

Last kick (or head in this case) of the 1st half.
    Laporte scores for City, excellent free kick, great header

Last kick (or head in this case) of the 2nd half.
    2-0... City are top of the league on gd (played 1 more)

Liverpool’s game in hand is against Manchester United.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Would it not be normal for an arranged fixture that clashes with the league cup to be played after rather than before? I think this gives City a very big advantage especially as now until the end of the league season they play all their games before Liverpool. For a team with recent success I believe it is better for them to play first and for their rivals who have only 2 Prem winners in their squad and as a club have not had success for years it is more difficult playing catch-up.
    Not that I mind as I don't want Liverpool to win anyway.

It's only a big advantage if they win to put pressure on Liverpool. If they drop any points in games, then Liverpool know what they have to do.
    As if they wouldn't have won at Everton? They did, they are now top and now are 95% certain to win the Prem. The only team that may beat them to it is Utd. Fact. Locked on.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Would it not be normal for an arranged fixture that clashes with the league cup to be played after rather than before? I think this gives City a very big advantage especially as now until the end of the league season they play all their games before Liverpool. For a team with recent success I believe it is better for them to play first and for their rivals who have only 2 Prem winners in their squad and as a club have not had success for years it is more difficult playing catch-up.

It's only a big advantage if they win to put pressure on Liverpool. If they drop any points in games, then Liverpool know what they have to do.
    As if they wouldn't have won at Everton? They did, they are now top and now are 95% certain to win the Prem. The only team that may beat them to it is Utd. Fact. Locked on.
    95% but only 8/11
  • Options
    Ok 100% then. Come back to me in May. City will win the Prem.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Ok 100% then. Come back to me in May. City will win the Prem.

I am not saying they wont and I think City will win it and I did in December when liverpool had a 7 point lead or whatever it was.

But I still wouldnt rule out Liverpool and the odds reflect that is all I am saying but at 8/11 if you are 100% sure then put your life savings on it :wink:
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

As if they wouldn't have won at Newcastle and at home to Palace. But anyway I wasn't just talking about Everton.

You said between now and May they generally are playing their games before Liverpool and that it's a big advantage. It's only a big advantage if they win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it me or do Everton appear to be going off the boil? I have just checked and they have won 2/5 games which isn't terrible but seems to me they have dipped of late.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Marco Silva is treading on thin ice I reckon. He reminds me of Roberto Martinez. Both managers will have their teams playing nice football, but cant defend for shit. Martinez at swansea, wigan and Everton. Silva at Hull, watford and now Everton. Everton reportedly have bundles of money too. I expect t their owner wont be too pleased.

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Marco Silva is treading on thin ice I reckon. He reminds me of Roberto Martinez. Both managers will have their teams playing nice football, but cant defend for shit. Martinez at swansea, wigan and Everton. Silva at Hull, watford and now Everton. Everton reportedly have bundles of money too. I expect t their owner wont be too pleased.

Probably a fair criticism except that Everton have spent £350m since Martinez left two and a half years ago as opposed to the £100m spent in the three years he was there. The season he was sacked they finished 12th and reached the semis of both cups and could well finish no higher this.
  • Options

Plus Martinez had a great first season at Everton whereas Silva's first season has been mediocre at the best.

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Everton spent 50m on Richarlison. Who last night was dropped to the bench and sits 1 place below his former club Watford in the table!
  • Options
    Should be a good battle now to avoid the 3rd relegation spot. 3 points separating 6 clubs now, with Palace still well and truly in it.
  • Options
    Should be a good battle now to avoid the 3rd relegation spot. 3 points separating 6 clubs now, with Palace still well and truly in it.
    Dont tell @oohaahmortimer that
  • Options
    Bit concerned  for Brighton. On a very poor run in the league
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

They won't go down, but they are only 9 points above the relegation places and heading in the wrong direction
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A massive indictment on Fulham's season is that they are now 8 points behind Cardiff who've spent a fraction of what they've spent.

As the commentator on MOTD suggested last night, the type of squad they have now doesn't look at all equipped for a Championship promotion campaign next season either. 
  • Options
    Likes of Fulham and Everton should take a look at Leicester today - they've got a heavy amount of youth on the pitch today in Chilwell / Barnes / Maddison / Gray / Tielemanns

Only the two former came through their Academy but its proof that young players are good enough if given the opportunity
  • Options
    This Tottenham side, missing two or three of their stars, have done very well to stay in the hunt for the PL title because they don't look anything like a side capable of doing so.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Maddison got away with that I thought... Felt he dithered badly

Edit: Nope he didnt get away with it; great Vardy penalty but amazing save!!
  • Options
    Vardy should never have taken it
  • Options
    Dont see how that was a penalty tho and Son was booked for diving
  • Options
    Vardy should never have taken it
    Dont see why not... He's their main Striker, if anyone is almost guaranteed to score then its him

Isnt like he needed to get into the game a bit beforehand either
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Was Vertonghan supposed to just evaporate. You can’t get a penalty for running into someone ffs
  • Options
    Knew that was coming
  • Options
    Spurs have won 20 out of 26 this season and are only 3rd.