Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Question.... given two different cities could win the title today... where is the trophy?
    The real trophy is at the City game, a duplicate is at the Liverpool game
  • Options
    Question.... given two different cities could win the title today... where is the trophy?
    They have more than one trophy.
  • Options
    It’ll be in Brighton with a replica in Liverpool, just in case.
  • Options
    I always thought they worked out half way between the two / three grounds etc.

They then had a Helicopter just hovering in the air during the 90mins and would fly a little closer to whatever ground was likely to have the Champions
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    5 goals in the second half in the Palace match.
  • Options
    5 goals in the second half in the Palace match.
    And not one of them a penalty to Palace...
  • Options
    The real trophy is at the City game, a duplicate is at the Liverpool game
    It’ll be in Brighton with a replica in Liverpool, just in case.
    A knock-off copy in Liverpool? Never.
  • Options
    Liverpool: 97 points, only one defeat ... and still couldn't win the title.

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to feel sorry for them.

That reminds me, I must see the doctor about my granite internal organs ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a remarkably exciting PL season.  At the start, everyone tipped Man City and at the end Man City won it.  Counting down the days for next season when exactly the same can happen again.
  • Options
    Man city have about 30 coaches !
    One for every player.
  • Options
    What a remarkably exciting PL season.  At the start, everyone tipped Man City and at the end Man City won it.  Counting down the days for next season when exactly the same can happen again.
    Yep City had to go to the very last game to do it and with an hour to go of the season they were still 2nd. Liverpool closed the gap between first and second from 19 points to just a single point and with that improvement they might well win it next season.

• Options
    Side note... ManU finished 6th, right where they were when they sacked Jose.
  • Options
    One for every player.
    Agreed that's absolutely ridiculous and does absolutely nothing for their carbon footprint.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    It's one thing presenting the trophy to man city, fair enough, but parading your whole medical team while your own PA man is on the mike giving it the biggun is taking the piss. If I was a Brighton fan I wouldve fucked off to the pub long before now.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    It's one thing presenting the trophy to man city, fair enough, but parading your whole medical team while your own PA man is on the mike giving it the biggun is taking the piss. If I was a Brighton fan I would be fucked off to the pub long before now.
    I notice most of the BHA fans are still there. Guess they wanna see what it feels like to see a trophy awarded.
  • Options
    One for every player.
    I thought that as well.

Imagine what LB could do if he could call on similar numbers rather than just JJ and Steve Gallen!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep City had to go to the very last game to do it and with an hour to go of the season they were still 2nd. Liverpool closed the gap between first and second from 19 points to just a single point and with that improvement they might well win it next season.

Sure, it was closer than people expected but still ended with the result everyone predicted and Man City winning 17 on the spin in the league does not suggest that will change next season.  It’s a bore for me.

They have won 4 of 8 and dominate women's football too now. 
  • Options

Sure, it was closer than people expected but still ended with the result everyone predicted and Man City winning 17 on the spin in the league does not suggest that will change next season.  It’s a bore for me.

Both Liverpool and Man United both won the English title in 7 out of 9 years. City have got a long way to go to do that and they were knocked out of the CL by an English club too.  
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    It's one thing presenting the trophy to man city, fair enough, but parading your whole medical team while your own PA man is on the mike giving it the biggun is taking the piss. If I was a Brighton fan I wouldve fucked off to the pub long before now.
    I can't believe the Brighton fans stayed around. Good on them and all that, but I'd have been long gone.
    Mind you, I find trophy presentations so boring I probably would have left if I was a city fan too. 
  • Options

The fact it was so close will only mean City will go out and buy a load more players to make sure it doesn't happen again next season. Got no great love for Liverpool but would have liked another team to win it to stop what will likely be City's domination of English football for the next few years. Barring Liverpool nobody even comes close to them.
  • Options

The fact it was so close will only mean City will go out and buy a load more players to make sure it doesn't happen again next season.
    Sounds like they plan to land Matthijs de Ligt to replace Kompany and Bruno Fernandes in the midfield, from Sporting. Not to mention they will have de Bruyne back at full form.
  • Options
    I am starting to think the NFL knows what it is doing with a salary cap. Yes, the Patriots keep winning, but at least they are not buying the crown. They ranked 23rd in wages last year. And the top spending club only spends only 2x the wages of the last place team. It just feels more competitive and there are usually at least 7-10 teams that you feel have a chance at the beginning of the season. I think this amazing PL season was built on the backs of clubs that feel like they will never have a chance and this situation is getting worse, not better. I fear for the health of the overall game.

• Options
    @oohaahmortimer is currently wiping the cum from his pants with Liverpool not winning the title
    I had nothing left in the tank after our two goals and massive away following .... 
    although I suffered a brief bout of Tourette’s in the car driving back and listening to Man City game on radio 
  • Options
    @oohaahmortimer is currently wiping the cum from his pants with Liverpool not winning the title
    I had nothing left in the tank after our two goals and massive away following .... 
    although I suffered a brief bout of Tourette’s in the car driving back and listening to Man City game on radio 
    Oohaah you seen the Everton fans at spurs.
    You lost the league at goodison park
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Oohaah you seen the Everton fans at spurs.
    You lost the league at goodison park

Ha ha good , last points Liverpool dropped !!