Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Laporte and Fernandinho injuries today could see them kept out for a few weeks.
    Both a big loss in the title run in. City will be hoping they’re back sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Laporte and Fernandinho injuries today could see them kept out for a few weeks.
    Both a big loss in the title run in. City will be hoping they’re back sooner rather than later.
    City's games over the next 5-6 weeks are relatively easy so i think they'll be ok.

West ham, Bournemouth, Watford, Schalke, Swansea, Fulham and cardiff
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:
    Pochettino showing a lack of class at the end there IMO, Spuds always capitulate when it counts
    Ok.  First things first.  Spurs were dire.  Eriksen showed yet again absolutely no desire and disappeared yet again. Aurier had one of his off days, its becoming a problem where he is blowing hot and cold too much.  Poch hit the panic button too early by throwing on Llorente after 60 mins and changed the direction of the game by taking Winks off who keeps it ticking.

Now, Mike Dean.  Yes, the same Mike Dean, that lives in the Wirral and never referees Liverpool.  He's now reffed 3 of our defeats this season and we're not getting the rub of the green with him.  He gives us absolutely nothing.  He had a proper mare yesterday and its becoming an issue.

Its quite clear that Dean has said something sarcy to Poch to get that reaction.  Poch may be in the wrong for snapping but Dean should know better.   Lets see what comes out in the wash about what Dean has alleged to have said to him and then feel free to judge him.

Mike Dean is turning into the new Mark Clattenburg and making it all about him when you should barely know whether a referee has been involved.
    Can't believe you have slagged off Ericson !  All players have quiet games. How disengenuos to criticize your best midfield player over the last few years. 
    I enjoy watching Spurs but while Levy cares more about his bonus than winning the League title or winning Trophies than get used to this situation.
    As for decisions going against you welcome to the real world. Defend the corner better and it won't be a problem.
    I think Spurs are over achievers and Mike Dean if he was bias would go against Man City not Spurs.
    Pochettino has let the Stadium debacle and no signing get to him.
    He Will feel embarrassed watching that back.

Disingenuous? Erm, it was just an honest assessment of him tbh.  If he was consistent, the bigger clubs would have come calling for him already.  You ask any Spurs fan what Eriksen's main weakness is and thats his consistency.  Oh and his total inability to make a bloody tackle on the edge of his own box.  In total agreement with the rest of what you say though about Levy and Poch.

• Options
    And there was me talking about VAR...

Deary me.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Dear god... Someone was telling me about this when we got into work today

Its the big worry about VAR as they were also saying that Levante got denied a penalty themselves before that incident i.e. It'll make the referee's look incompetent if they dont review the decisions themselves but be so easy to let the decision come from those watching in some room and get some incidents be ignored or given as they see fit
  • Options
    Ref was in an really bad position with Madrid pen.

I was watching the game and the ref awarded the pen whilst Madrid were still attacking, if VAR had overturned it like they should have done, then the Real players would have been rightly annoyed with the ref as they were in a decent position and at the time I wondered if thats why VAR did not overturn the decision
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:
    Pochettino showing a lack of class at the end there IMO, Spuds always capitulate when it counts
    Ok.  First things first.  Spurs were dire.  Eriksen showed yet again absolutely no desire and disappeared yet again. Aurier had one of his off days, its becoming a problem where he is blowing hot and cold too much.  Poch hit the panic button too early by throwing on Llorente after 60 mins and changed the direction of the game by taking Winks off who keeps it ticking.

Now, Mike Dean.  Yes, the same Mike Dean, that lives in the Wirral and never referees Liverpool.  He's now reffed 3 of our defeats this season and we're not getting the rub of the green with him.  He gives us absolutely nothing.  He had a proper mare yesterday and its becoming an issue.

Its quite clear that Dean has said something sarcy to Poch to get that reaction.  Poch may be in the wrong for snapping but Dean should know better.   Lets see what comes out in the wash about what Dean has alleged to have said to him and then feel free to judge him.

Mike Dean is turning into the new Mark Clattenburg and making it all about him when you should barely know whether a referee has been involved.
    Can't believe you have slagged off Ericson !  All players have quiet games. How disengenuos to criticize your best midfield player over the last few years. 
    I enjoy watching Spurs but while Levy cares more about his bonus than winning the League title or winning Trophies than get used to this situation.
    As for decisions going against you welcome to the real world. Defend the corner better and it won't be a problem.
    I think Spurs are over achievers and Mike Dean if he was bias would go against Man City not Spurs.
    Pochettino has let the Stadium debacle and no signing get to him.
    He Will feel embarrassed watching that back.

Disingenuous? Erm, it was just an honest assessment of him tbh.  If he was consistent, the bigger clubs would have come calling for him already.  You ask any Spurs fan what Eriksen's main weakness is and thats his consistency.  Oh and his total inability to make a bloody tackle on the edge of his own box.  In total agreement with the rest of what you say though about Levy and Poch.

Pleased you agreed with two of my points Johnboy.  TBF you watch Eriksen more than I do, so accept the defensive weakness in his game which can be overlooked by us neutrals.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Uboat said:t
    Ha ha. Back luck United. 

What a shit game.
    Is it just me that doesn't understand what you are saying? 
    I thought that hence my original response of a point being a good result IMO.

On reflection maybe @Uboat posted this when the own goal was disallowed
    Correct, though admittedly it was a fairly 'stream of consciousness' post. 
  • Options
    Huddersfield with only 3 wins all season and 2 thirds of those wins are against Wolves.
    Wolves level on points with Watford, those dropped 4/6 points everyone else managed to get from Huddersfield could cost them a spot in Europe.
  • Options
    Huddersfield with only 3 wins all season and 2 thirds of those wins are against Wolves.
    Wolves level on points with Watford, those dropped 4/6 points everyone else managed to get from Huddersfield could cost them a spot in Europe.
    Huddersfield also have the same Goal Difference as Fulham despite only having 15-goals... One team cant score the other cant bloody defend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spurs could have gone 2 points off the lead on Saturday. Then go and lose the next two games.
    if only there was some sort of phase to describe what they’ve done.
     ;)  :#
  • Options
    I really dislike Chelsea on every level
  • Options
    Bit of history made last night.

Man City's Oleksandr Zinchenko has been on the winning side in each of his first 13 Premier League appearances, the longest run of wins from the start of a player's career in the competition's history.
  • Options

Man City's Oleksandr Zinchenko has been on the winning side in each of his first 13 Premier League appearances, the longest run of wins from the start of a player's career in the competition's history.
    He struggled in his first few games and it looked as if Mendy would be badly missed but he has definitely grown as time has gone on.
  • Options
    Spurs could have gone 2 points off the lead on Saturday. Then go and lose the next two games.
    if only there was some sort of phase to describe what they’ve done.
     ;)  :#
    consolation? .. best televised o.g of the season so far
  • Options

He struggled in his first few games and it looked as if Mendy would be badly missed but he has definitely grown as time has gone on.
    Mendy has basically become an extremely well paid cheerleader.

Always injured, never plays, yet is always on the pitch celebrating after a win.
  • Options

Always injured, never plays, yet is always on the pitch celebrating after a win.

Since signing for City (July 2017) he has suffered 6 different injuries.

As of end of Feb 2019 his record reads...

Played: 20 games

Unused Sub: 2 games

Not in Squad (but fit): 5 games

Injured: 75 games

• Options

Since signing for City (July 2017) he has suffered 6 different injuries.

As of end of Feb 2019 his record reads...

Played: 20 games

Unused Sub: 2 games

Not in Squad (but fit): 5 games

Injured: 75 games

He'll be at Charlton soon enough .
  • Options
    Absolutely terrible officiating in the North London derby.

Kane offside, is then fouled and wins a penalty.
    Aubameyang barely touched, throws himself to the floor. Ref gives a penalty.
    Torreira makes a great tackle, but a split second later his foot (unavoidably) catches Rose. Ref somehow gives a red card.

The sooner VAR comes in, the better.
  • Options
    I agree with everything apart from the Torreira part, it was a really bad challenge. 

Officiating was was shocking though. How Xhakas challenge on Kane wasn’t a red, or even a foul I’ll never know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with @LAaddick

Pens not pens but red 100% IMO he was high, his studs were showing had to go
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I agree with everything apart from the Torreira part, it was a really bad challenge. 

Officiating was was shocking though. How Xhakas challenge on Kane wasn’t a red, or even a foul I’ll never know.
    Torreira’s challenge was definitely a red, but at the same time, I’d like someone to explain why Rose’s challenge on the goalkeeper wasn’t. Both were reckless, both had studs up off the ground. Neither were deliberate, but Rose definitely should have seen red for that. 
  • Options
    55 minutes played
    Bournemouth have had 17% possession
  • Options
    Declan Rice will get a stand named after him soon at West Ham 
  • Options
    Bournemouth the first side since OPTA started recording data, to not have a single attempt at goal in a home game.
  • Options
    Declan Rice will get a stand named after him soon at West Ham 
    Not if they sell him to Man City in the summer. 

Rumours are that Guardiola wants him as a replacement for Fernandinho.
  • Options
    Just seen that City are set to spent £350m this summer, bit out of our league at the moment.
  • Options
    Fulham have to make this count. Dominated for the last 10/15 minutes
  • Options
    Liverpool have gone right off the boil of late, 4 draws in 6 games.

Still, a lot of people are talking like it's City's title already but it's far from over. City (in my opinion) have a tougher run in, plus extra cup games which could be crucial. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    placed a bet £8.00 on £146.00 back in jan on the table ended like so;

city
    liverpool
    spurs
    united

got a feeling its spurs that are going to mess it up!, they have gone really poor of late and those 2 losses against burnley and chelsea would not of been expected. 

klopp if he wins nothing this season - could they get rid? he has been there 3 years and okay got to a champs league final but that is not winning anything, i can also see them going out to bayern in champs league was a missed opportunity for them not to get something at home. 

relegation does look like hudds, fulham then cardiff or southampton.

really had high hopes for fulham.