Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Spurs may struggle to get top 4 now with both Arsenal and United breathing down their neck.

All that money on a new stadium for Europa League football haha, at least they will get 1 Champions League game there v Barca
    Spurs CL game is against City.
    Yeah good point, wasnt concentrating haha.

Even worse, possibly their only Champions League game(for 18 months) at their new stadium will be against an English team haha
  • Spurs had enough decent chances in second half to kill that game off before the own goal.
  • edited March 2019
    Liverpool now 37 premier league home games unbeaten.

The best unbeaten home run is Chelsea with......................

EIGHTY SIX!!

Can't see that ever being beaten, incredible run.
  • Liverpool now 37 premier league home games unbeaten.

The best unbeaten home run is Chelsea with......................

EIGHTY SIX!!

Can't see that ever being beaten, incredible run.
    Huddersfield will manage 87 one day! 
  • Just seen the Azpilicueta goal for Chelsea, one of the most blatant offsides you'll ever see. If that was somewhere like Russia or Greece you'd be convinced the officials had been bribed.
  • Just seen the Azpilicueta goal for Chelsea, one of the most blatant offsides you'll ever see. If that was somewhere like Russia or Greece you'd be convinced the officials had been bribed.
    Really bad. I would not be surprised if soon in the future a club takes legal action over a decision. Top 4 is big money as is relegation and decisions like that are amateur
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Daylight robbery in Cardiff.  Diabolical first goal.  Popcorn at the ready for Colin’s post-match interview
    Daylight robbery?

It's not like they've withheld £15 million quid that they rightly owe. 
  • Tough one today, wanting both Liverpool and Spurs to lose but that was heartbreaking , those filthy scousers gonna win the league , small consolation will happen if Spurs don’t make CL 
  • edited April 2019
    Why didn't Lloris catch the weak header from Salah that ended in the own goal.
    He makes so many mistakes over a season.

I've been saying for months that Lloris and Pickford make too many mistakes.
    Just seen the stats  on MOTD backing up my thoughts.
  • Spurs on a run of just 1 point from 5 games and ahead of Arsenal playing tonight, the 4 teams chasing those last 2 Champions League spots are split by just 1 point.
  • Sponsored links:

• 16 points between 2nd and 3rd
    16 points between 6th and 7th
    16 points between 17th and 19th
  • Spurs on a run of just 1 point from 5 games and ahead of Arsenal playing tonight, the 4 teams chasing those last 2 Champions League spots are split by just 1 point.
    Levy's "not spending anything on transfers" policy might come back to bite Spurs if they miss CL qualification.
  • edited April 2019
    Fulham will join Huddersfield in The Championship if they lose tonight
  • Fulham will join Huddersfield in The Championship if they lose tonight
    Good 
  • Who are everyone’s preferences for top 4 then?

Spurs and United for me....no reason other than they have a few more England players in their squads than Arsenal/Chelsea
  • edited April 2019
    Spurs and United too.

Spurs are more likeable than Arsenal and Chelsea, and I like Solskjaer and think United getting the Champions League about of the 4 could be the best in terms of making next season interesting.
  • Anyone but Spurs .
    Having moved to the wrong side of the Thames, far too many Spurs around here , the way they chirp up is painful .

1.Man City
    2.Liverpool
    3.Man Utd
    4. Arsenal
    5.Chelsea
    6.Spurs 

That'll do for me 
  • edited April 2019
    Who are everyone’s preferences for top 4 then?

Spurs and United for me....no reason other than they have a few more England players in their squads than Arsenal/Chelsea
    I probably agree. Arsenal and Chelsea are still in the Europa League, so that is another potential path into Europe. With England having 6 "big" clubs fighting for 4 CL spots, this competition has become much more important to the big English sides

Imagine if they finish 5th and 6th, and meet in the final!
  • Man Utd and Arsenal

Like OGS so want United
    Cant stand Chelsea

Between the other 2 I have no preference normally but think Levy needs a kick up the backside 1 signing in 3 windows is not enough and missing out on CL may be what he needs.

Also will be interesting to see what Kane, Erikson others do if Spurs miss out
  • Watford 3-1 up, sorry 4-1 up. The end is nigh for Fulham
  • Sponsored links:

• Wolves and Watford in a real fight for 7th
  • Feel sorry for the likes of Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon who worked hard to get them up to the Premier League - Hope they both remain in the top flight

Jokanovic should have been more loyal to those who got Fulham promoted in the first place though and maybe shouldnt have been sacked in the first place
  • Not seen the goal, but it seems Spurs have been giving Man U lessons on how to concede crap late goals!
  • Would prefer Man U and Spurs to get 3rd and 4th but think it will be difficult if Man U lose tonight. Looking at Arsenal's fixtures id say they will get top 4
  • Phil Jones...the gift that keeps on giving.

• Been a great couple of days for Arsenal, now clear in 3rd
  • City edge back in front after winning last night.

These are the run ins.

CITY
    Palace away
    Spurs home
    United away
    Burnley away
    Leicester home
    Brighton away

LIVERPOOL
    Southampton away
    Chelsea home
    Cardiff away
    Huddersfield home
    Newcastle away
    Wolves home

Liverpool for me have the slightly easier run and i can see them getting 16 points minimum from those 6 games. Which means City would need to win 5 of their last 6 to take the title on goal difference.

Incredible that Liverpool could also potentially get 97 points and finish 2nd if City win their last 6.
  • City edge back in front after winning last night.

These are the run ins.

CITY
    Palace away
    Spurs home
    United away
    Burnley away
    Leicester home
    Brighton away

LIVERPOOL
    Southampton away
    Chelsea home
    Cardiff away
    Huddersfield home
    Newcastle away
    Wolves home

Liverpool for me have the slightly easier run and i can see them getting 16 points minimum from those 6 games. Which means City would need to win 5 of their last 6 to take the title on goal difference.

Incredible that Liverpool could also potentially get 97 points and finish 2nd if City win their last 6.
    As incredible is that Sunderland could end up only losing twice all season - and not get promoted!
  • Liverpool losing 1-0 to their feeder team ATM
  • If Shane Long scored against you, you know your having a shite night.  22 goals in 142 aps Southampton.