Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the best gadget you own and why?

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    I work primarily from home these days ... listening to music whenever I want with superb sound through Bose speakers makes them my favourite gadget
    Thinking of getting some....exactly what set up do you have ?
    Bose SoundLink III Bluetooth Portable Speaker, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, battery time of at least 14 hours.
    I got the Bose soundbar for the TV.  It's bluetooth enabled too, so I link up the phone and Spotify more than I use it for the TV. Cracking sound from it.  
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Does anyone have experience with a dry frier? I have a general disliking of fried food, it is greasy and super unhealthy. However, I've been informed a dry frier is much healthier and doesn't make your house smell like a Chinese takeaway.
    The Ninja Foodi is incredible. It does air frying but also loads of other stuff; roasting, slow cooking, pressure cooking, steaming, grilling, frying etc. We do most of our cooking in ours
  • Options
    Meditation stool ... Saves my life some days ... 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    T_C_E said:
    Our Shark lift away vacuum cleaner, no ridiculously priced bags and filters. Love it   :)
    This is sad, but we also have a lift away and I have to agree. Did you go wired or battery?
    We had gone through quite a few bagless vacuum cleaners until we bought a Shark. Very happy with it. We went wired as all the battery ones we had just didn't seem to have the oomph we expected.

My best gadget is the arcade cabinet I built from scratch. When you design and build something yourself you get double the pleasure from it.
  • Options
    rina said:
    PopIcon said:
    Does anyone have experience with a dry frier? I have a general disliking of fried food, it is greasy and super unhealthy. However, I've been informed a dry frier is much healthier and doesn't make your house smell like a Chinese takeaway.
    The Ninja Foodi is incredible. It does air frying but also loads of other stuff; roasting, slow cooking, pressure cooking, steaming, grilling, frying etc. We do most of our cooking in ours
    What is this thing?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    rina said:
    PopIcon said:
    What is this thing?
    This is the one we have https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-7-in-1-multi-cooker-6l-op300uk-zidOP300UK

• Options
    That looks awesome.

I want an air fryer, have a Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine, Steamer and slow cooker so could reduce down number of appliances in the kitchen. 
  • Options
    Not sure it would count as a gadget, but does anyone have an ice cream maker that they’d recommend?
  • Options
    Not sure it would count as a gadget, but does anyone have an ice cream maker that they’d recommend?
    We bought one (cannot remember the make) and before we did we were warned we would never use it. We went ahead and bought it....................and we never use it.  
    Ha Ha same here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    stonemuse said:
    I work primarily from home these days ... listening to music whenever I want with superb sound through Bose speakers makes them my favourite gadget
    Bose SoundLink III Bluetooth Portable Speaker, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, battery time of at least 14 hours.
    I got the Bose soundbar for the TV.  It's bluetooth enabled too, so I link up the phone and Spotify more than I use it for the TV. Cracking sound from it.  
    I've got one of those...... until your post I never realised it had bluetooth  :D
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    TelMc32 said:
    stonemuse said:
    I've got one of those...... until your post I never realised it had bluetooth  :D
    Do you actually need bluetooth if you are streaming music via an app and a music service?
    I cannot figure out a use for streaming bluetooth to a speaker at home.
  • Options
    Sony 75 inch tv ($4500) Now 5 years old followed closely by my LG 86 inch tv ($2800) just over a year old  and my iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb $2100 over two years. 
  • Options
    My brain closely followed by my common sense 
    Shame they don't work most of the time
  • Options
    my favs at the moment

Apple Watch Series 6
    Airpod Pros
    my work Google Pixel 3A

Coming soon, iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • Options
    Not sure it is adequately complex to qualify as a gadget, but this thing makes brilliant coffee, and has been used to death since working from home kicked in.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Not sure it is adequately complex to qualify as a gadget, but this thing makes brilliant coffee, and has been used to death since working from home kicked in.

I think the cloaking function definitely makes it sufficiently complex mate..
  • Options
    Surprised I haven't mentioned this before now, but we picked this up for £350 earlier in lockdown... 
    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-machines/delonghi-autentica-cappuccino-etam29-660-sb-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-silver-10148510-pdt.html

I drink black coffee, but my partner loves a Latte and bean is much nicer than any instant. 
  • Options
    I've got an entry level Delonghi bean to cup (4200?) which I absolutely love. I prefer using a separate Modo Mio frother for the milk which is also superb. 
  • Options
    Not a gadget BUT

My Charlie McLeod dryrobe is an absolute game changer for my open water swimming during the winter.
    I can’t believe I ever managed without it 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Corkscrew
  • Options
    Not a gadget BUT

My Charlie McLeod dryrobe is an absolute game changer for my open water swimming during the winter.
    mine is on standby for after yoga classes while changing rooms are still closed. the weather's just about ok at the moment to leave soaked in sweat but as soon as it gets a bit colder the dry robe will be utilised

• Options
    rina said:
    Not a gadget BUT

mine is on standby for after yoga classes while changing rooms are still closed. the weather's just about ok at the moment to leave soaked in sweat but as soon as it gets a bit colder the dry robe will be utilised

We've been doing yoga outside.
    So when I rocked up last week in mine they were all like, ‘why didn’t we think of that?’
    Makes shavasana very cosy 😎
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Meditation stool ... Saves my life some days ... 
    @oohaahmortimer is the expert on those.....😁
  • Options
    Di2 (electronic shifting) on my race bike. Didn't bother for years cos I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. First ride I ever did it was like an alleluia moment. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020

An electric tire inflator.

I got this model for my birthday. Just plug it in and refill your tires at home, rather than at gas stations.

It's especially convenient during cold, snowy winter weather to reset your air pressure at home.

• Options
    My favourite gadget is the Sony PSP, coupled with music making software called Beaterator.

I've had a PSP since the mid-2000's, & got the Beaterator software in 2009, which is awesome! 

I can make music anywhere. On the train & bus to work/wherever, on planes (when they were more frequent/actually going somewhere) on holiday, & even in the khazi!

I now have 4 PSP's in total (for back-ups in the years to come), & several copies of the software UMD's/discs.

I'm sure there are better devices out there now for making music on the go, but I know the things inside & out & it's so easy to create with.
  • Options
    Was flicking through this and on page 4 it looks as though red10 predicted TS’ takeover by posting a video of him August 19...

LOL ..... Mods, got to be worthy of a promote eh? 🤣
  • Options
    Di2 (electronic shifting) on my race bike. Didn't bother for years cos I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. First ride I ever did it was like an alleluia moment. 
    Just got Di2 myself. Quite like it. 

Had two situations before where I have had gear cables snap and had to do a ridiculously long ride on the toughest gear.