Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the best gadget you own and why?

Comments

• Options
    Thank goodness for this thread !

It's a timely reminder that I need to buy new batteries for my best "gadget".......

😁
    Finger on the button?

TV remote 
  • Options
    red10 said:
    Quite like this brolly ... very well made.   :D

https://youtu.be/QdLiU8Tt0f0

Two gusts of wind at 15mph and I bet the cnuting thing turns inside out and is fucked 

Nope, actually a very strong mofo, as is this, which I also have ...

• Options
    red10 said:
    red10 said:

Two gusts of wind at 15mph and I bet the cnuting thing turns inside out and is fucked 

Is that you in the video and you’re a salesman or you got a fetish for powerful umbrellas ;-)
  • Options
    red10 said:
    red10 said:

Is that you in the video and you’re a salesman or you got a fetish for powerful umbrellas ;-)

LOL, must be the fetish I didn't know I had ..
  • Options
    Along the lines of the coffee maker above - the aeropress is fantastic. Was thinking of investing in a proper coffee machine but didn't need one after trying this

• Options
    Along the lines of the coffee maker above - the aeropress is fantastic. Was thinking of investing in a proper coffee machine but didn't need one after trying this

Had one of these but got fed up with the rinsing out plus now we have moved and have a klargester to deal with our waste water (not on mains drains) we can't  have coffee grounds down the sink !!. Now have a bean machine where you also get the oils from the bean as the creama on the top, lovely. Did think the aeropress made a lovely cup too tho.
  • Options
    I mentioned this previously I believe. But after a seemingly endless number of pepper grinders disintegrating on me or failing to work I got one of these (guaranteed for life they say) and it is brilliant.
    Made by Peugeot. 
    Peugeot 22cm Chocolate Paris USelect Pepper Mill Wood small  Amazoncouk Kitchen  Home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I mentioned this previously I believe. But after a seemingly endless number of pepper grinders disintegrating on me or failing to work I got one of these (guaranteed for life they say) and it is brilliant.
    Made by Peugeot. 
    Peugeot 22cm Chocolate Paris USelect Pepper Mill Wood small  Amazoncouk Kitchen  Home
    Don’t let fanny see this.
    I don't know WHAT you mean !

( BTW mine is a delicate shade of pink....)
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Made by Peugeot. 
    Peugeot do make the best grinding mechanisms!
    Their cars? Meh!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Made by Peugeot. 
    Peugeot do make the best grinding mechanisms!
    You've obviously heard about their gear boxes.
  • Options
    Don't know if this qualifies. But after the effort of learning to drive and passing my test in a manual gear shift car, I used to believe automatics were for wimps. For years my brother used to extol the virtue of an automatic, especially for city driving.
    I have had an automatic for nearly five years now and wish I'd made the effort to afford one as soon as I passed my car driving test.
  • Options
    For me I feel more involved in driving with a clutch and gear stick. Helps maintain focus on what you're doing.

I will get an automatic in future though... Especially if the world opens up again.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Made by Peugeot. 
    Terrible electrics 
  • Options
    I have the British Leyland version. 

Nowhere near rusty enough for BL
  • Options
    I have the British Leyland version. 

Nowhere near rusty enough for BL
    or beige enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    For me I feel more involved in driving with a clutch and gear stick. Helps maintain focus on what you're doing.

I will get an automatic in future though... Especially if the world opens up again.
    Never felt tired or bored driving once on a clutch despite numerous late night long-distance drives, did one longish, early drive in an automatic hire car and nearly dropped off out of sheer boredom as I had nothing to do... 
  • Options
    IOR Crusader rifle scope -  mounted on my BSA R10 - the abhorrent american pestilent bushy tailed bird eating tree rats don't stand a chance - but they sure taste good.
    😈
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Never felt tired or bored driving once on a clutch despite numerous late night long-distance drives, did one longish, early drive in an automatic hire car and nearly dropped off out of sheer boredom as I had nothing to do... 
    If you want to jazz up driving a manual, try to get from a to b without using the clutch. Easy going up the gearbox, but changing down you'll hear a slight noise if you get it wrong ;)
  • Options
    Harveys water softener with added water filter. Makes London water drinkable and no scum on tea. 
    That and my old fashioned italian stove top coffee maker

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:

If you want to jazz up driving a manual, try to get from a to b without using the clutch. Easy going up the gearbox, but changing down you'll hear a slight noise if you get it wrong ;)
    Ah - the good old days of double declutching!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yeah. I can see that as a thing.
    Most of my driving is shorter distances in city traffic.
    Not much chance of being hummed into sleep with that kind of driving, but less stress in an automatic in my experience.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Following the mention earlier on in this thread about the Ninja Foodi multi-cooker... it's currently one of the Amazon Prime Day offers, £137 instead of £199 (today only) - 
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-OP300UK-Foodi-Pressure-Multi-Cooker/dp/B07P9TS6NN/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=ninja&qid=1602667031&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-6
  • Options
    Bought an air fryer a couple weeks back, great for dehydrated treats for the dogs but the chips come out beautifully crisp. 

• Options
    I like audible too, good to stick your headphones in on the train if you can't be bothered to read yourself after a long day.  And I like that if the book is rubbish you can swap it.

Between that and podcasts I never have to (/had to, working from home at the moment) listen to versions of 'train guy'.
    Can't be without Audible now.  Easy to dip in and out of a book on the mobile/computer whether I'm at home, on the train or while in the car as it syncs with Car Play and Alexa.  Sleep timer is handy for listening last thing at night.
    You heard of gifting on audible?  Like sharing books?  Someone mentioned it today and I'd never heard if it and no idea how it works!
  • Options
    Just been into Curry's and they are selling an app which allows you to see into your fridge on your mobile phone whilst out and about......WTF?