Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL statement on Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Options

Is Oyston still in charge at Blackpool?

Yes.

Then what makes us think the EFL will do anything about RD?

Fair comment.
  • Options
    What if the EFL simply go unanswered, even with trying to set a meeting. Or if a meeting is set for 2020 or something, what can they actually do then?
  • Options
    Personally I wouldn't hold out too much hope of the EFL galloping to our rescue. Look at clubs like Blackpool and Leyton Orient, probably far worst owners than RD (at the moment anyway), what have the EFL done for their supporters? However, a club's like QPR and Bournemouth get fined £20m (originally was £40m) and £7.5M respectively for having a go at getting promoted to the Premier League. Whilst I would like some sort of sanction against RD to come out of this if anything the EFL can only hurt the club with fines or transfer embargo. However, I doubt they could even do that?
    Having said all this I realise our realistic options are limited and it's a case of chipping away at whatever way we can over time.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Do we know if the £27.5m went straight to EFL coffers? If so, perhaps CAST could ask why it wasn't distributed amongst the clubs denied a play-off place if all points QPR/Cherries earned were voided.
  • Options

Do we know if the £27.5m went straight to EFL coffers? If so, perhaps CAST could ask why it wasn't distributed amongst the clubs denied a play-off place if all points QPR/Cherries earned were voided.

The fine goes to charity.
  • Options
    The EFL aren’t going to come out and say they made a mistake in allowing Roland taking over the club. Bar the fact he seemed to have rushed due diligence I don’t think they should. Roland has come in and spent money, just ran the club poorly and now more then ever before simply doesn’t care.

In the EFLs defence, it’s difficult for them to tell an owner to put his hand in his pocket. They can’t tell someone how to run a business. We are not the only club out there selling players and reinvesting a fraction of that. Some clubs are able to recover but every season clubs cut budgets. We are not the only team being poorly run.

Without knowing the full facts of the takeover situation it’s tough to gauge. Roland is perfectly entitled to put a price tag on the club that he sees fit. As he continues to lose money and and the club detoriate we can feel it’s a mad decision but it is his decision.

At some point he will go and he will lose money but unfortunately we have to accept that we have no say in that.

Only thing the EFL can do is ensure he is honouring their regulations which doesn’t include spending money or running the club how we would like
  • Options

Fair point as it’s those teams affected by big spending. If teams spend big to get promoted it’s to the detriment of the other teams in the league, especially the ones who just miss out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The EFL are just a bunch of blazers,who have been distracted from their expenses paid Port and Lemons,by some recent newspaper articles."I say o;d boy,look at this,better get the secretary to write something,want another one"
  • Options
    The situation at Charlton is being discussed today at an EFL board meeting according to todays Evening Standard.
    Charlton's situation will be discussed by the EFL at a board meeting today, while the EFL plans to meet with the club and the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust in the coming weeks.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-name-caretaker-boss-lee-bowyer-new-firstteam-manager-a3929011.html
  • Options
    They can speak to Murray as he has finally put his head above the parapet.
  • Options
    clive said:

The situation at Charlton is being discussed today at an EFL board meeting according to todays Evening Standard.
    Charlton's situation will be discussed by the EFL at a board meeting today, while the EFL plans to meet with the club and the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Trust in the coming weeks.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-name-caretaker-boss-lee-bowyer-new-firstteam-manager-a3929011.html

Ie the EFL will put it off as long as possible while there is no suggestion that fan/employee action will force the abandonment of a match.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Have CAST been contacted by EFL for a date yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Will we be getting any feedback/statement from today’s meeting I wonder?
  • Options
    Any news today?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Any news today?.

We have a new permanent manager
  • Options
    WSS said:

"We are pleased that Charlton Athletic have listened to their fans concerns and now made Lee Bowyer their permanent manager. We now feel satisfied that the club is being run in accordance with the EFL regulations and wish the team and their supporters the best for the rest of the season."

EFL Statement

Wind up! I read that opened mouthed with outrage.
  • Options
    WSS to the naughty step with you!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Any news today?.

Standard likely to have more tomorrow, I understand.
  • Options
    Thanks Airman.
  • Options
    WSS said:

"We are pleased that Charlton Athletic have listened to their fans concerns and now made Lee Bowyer their permanent manager. We now feel satisfied that the club is being run in accordance with the EFL regulations and wish the team and their supporters the best for the rest of the season."

EFL Statement

THIS close to a flag. THIS. CLOSE.
  • Options
    That are rattled. Change of Chair : https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45436325
  • Options

That are rattled. Change of Chair : https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45436325

Probably left due to the mess he is making in Rugby League at present in both his own club and the game in general
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

WSS said:

EFL Statement

THIS close to a flag. THIS. CLOSE.
    On the contrary, it deserves a new 'Genius' button.