Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL statement on Charlton Athletic

13»

Comments

• That are rattled. Change of Chair : https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45436325

This link is whats wrong with Football...

Am sure Debbie is a very nice person and is a good worker but what would a former tennis player know about appointing someone to one of the top desk jobs in Football? - Its the same with the Premier League and FA

Get people at the top who have been involved in the bloody sport at the top and not just some suit

Am sure Debbie is a very nice person and is a good worker but what would a former tennis player know about appointing someone to one of the top desk jobs in Football? - Its the same with the Premier League and FA

Get people at the top who have been involved in the bloody sport at the top and not just some suit
    She was a key player in running the London Olympics and has been on EFL board as non-exec for about three years. Has a good reputation, by most accounts.

She was a key player in running the London Olympics and has been on EFL board as non-exec for about three years. Has a good reputation, by most accounts.
    Oh am sure she's very good at what she does... I just think we need a Chris Powell type figure at the top who has been deeply involved in Football over the years and has been in the deep end of all that is wrong within the game
  • Not in the slightest bit shocked!!
  • JWADDICK said:

Sorry but I firmly believe that this will come to nothing.

It will merely be a show of interest from the toothless tiger that is the EFL and a complete no show from the Belgian shitbag.

No doubt LVT or RM will be primed and sent forth to spout the usual bullshit thereby giving the EFL the chance to say "well we've done our bit and spoken to them, what they say seems reasonable and our hands are tied because we cannot directly interfere in the way individual clubs are run."

Net result fuck all and RD carries on in his Own Private Idaho.

Totally called it. Can I be ITK now?
  • edited September 2018
    JWADDICK said:

JWADDICK said:

It will merely be a show of interest from the toothless tiger that is the EFL and a complete no show from the Belgian shitbag.

No doubt LVT or RM will be primed and sent forth to spout the usual bullshit thereby giving the EFL the chance to say "well we've done our bit and spoken to them, what they say seems reasonable and our hands are tied because we cannot directly interfere in the way individual clubs are run."

Won’t be RM. More likely Chris Parkes, who will say RD is great and problems are all down to fans.
  • JWADDICK said:

JWADDICK said:

Won’t be RM. More likely Chris Parkes, who will say RD is great and problems are all down to fans.
    Good thing that everyone on here was so complimentary about his 30 years service then.
  • J BLOCK said:

Honestly fuck that, if the EFL can't even summon our owner to a meeting and they let him send some no mark who doesn't even work for the club, then they're a bigger joke that I first thought.
    Agreed. Let's go and protest at the EFL office in London next Friday............ :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• EFL are a joke. They hold no authority. None. You can run a club into the ground but not answerable to anyone. Fans have more power than the people supposedly in charge.
  • EFL should make it conditional on being a club owner that you must attend if summonsed by the EFL.
  • EFL should make it conditional on being a club owner that you must attend if summonsed by the EFL.

Agreed, the fact he can't be arsed to attend that should say it all to the EFL.
  • What is Murray’s excuse? How can an employee and a messenger have more authority to represent the club than a director?
  • Murray knows some of his actions and statements are indefensible.
  • You only have to look at who RD appoints/keeps on.

They are all yes men/women none of them have either the ability or bottle to speak out against him.

No surprise if it is Parkes, he is probably the only person left who understands anything about the admin side. Pity is he is just another yes man, who can't even keep his wife from saying bloody stupid things in public.