Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crisps on the Pitch.

Comments

• Remember when Jensen used to run Ringos round em?
  • He was the real McCoy........

• edited August 2018
    Pringle said:

Remember when Jensen used to run Ringos round em?

I take it no Pringles got on the pitch then :wink: .
  • The idea of a protest is to bring media attention to our plight.

It wasn't the best idea, but it was an idea made at very short notice and I should imagine at quite a cheap/reasonable cost.

Did it work ? You bet it did, blanket coverage.

Well done to CARD and everyone who continues to battle for our club.

I get all the above but still leaves me disheartened if I’m honest. The numbers turning out pre match was very disappointing imo. Sure there are loads of excuses of people being away etc, but it wasn’t a great visual and does lead you feeling how much people really care when getting an extra pint in is more important.

Really disappointed. Well done everyone who did turn out
    Thought the same, think some having given up and moved on, that’s the worse thing
    Unfortunately I fit that category - I honestly would much rather do something else. I’m more gutted that my lack of interest has rubbed off on my boys. I’m sure I get my Charlton Mojo back.... but as things stand I’d rather replace a toilet seat than be anywhere near The Valley.
  • Really did not see the point,crisps came on just as Grant was about to cross,play stopped for 1 minute ,protest over.

Where did we buy Grant from?

It wasn't the best idea, but it was an idea made at very short notice and I should imagine at quite a cheap/reasonable cost.

100%
  • Who were the Jools Holland and Thomas Driesen lookalikes attracting abuse on the West Stand Stairs and why did they?
  • Father and son mate, someone put up a tweet giving his view on what occured. I have no idea how or why it started

• Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Who were the Jools Holland and Thomas Driesen lookalikes attracting abuse on the West Stand Stairs and why did they?

Someone with learning difficulties started on the father and son on the stairs, he was in the wrong but the two got into a slanging match and others joined in. They shouldn't have been abused but could perhaps also walked away.

A regretable but minor incident in an otherwise good event.
  • The father and son were not innocent. They both offered half the crowd out and were blaming the protesters for not letting them watch the match. They were already inside - no-one stopped them!
  • I was standing right there,
    Some bloke in the protest started shouting at them for going into the game and not being outside.

The bloke said he supports the protests but he also wants to support his team.

I think @Henry Irving was trying to be peacemaker but it wouldnt rest, then other people in the protest joined in having a go at the poor bloke.

There was no need for it

As always
  • Keeping the peace since 1945
  • Fair play to the individual who throw 3 tennis balls on to the pitch as the salt n shake was distracting their back four in the opening 40 seconds
  • Really did not see the point,crisps came on just as Grant was about to cross,play stopped for 1 minute ,protest over.

Where did we buy Grant from?
    The Queen Vic?

I get all the above but still leaves me disheartened if I’m honest. The numbers turning out pre match was very disappointing imo. Sure there are loads of excuses of people being away etc, but it wasn’t a great visual and does lead you feeling how much people really care when getting an extra pint in is more important.

Really disappointed. Well done everyone who did turn out
    I don't think we'll see the numbers protesting in the west stand car park from a couple of seasons ago. I think the after match one against Sheff Weds? was the biggest, you just get the numbers at the ground these days. I wasn't there today, but have gone to protests at The Valley before matches and not gone in. Some of them have been a bit of a let down.
  • Absolute respect for CARD and those who demonstrated today but it now seems like the decline of this club is permanent and terminal. I cannot believe what one egotistical and sociopathic individual has done, with the tacit support of people who should have had the interests of the club at heart. Feel defeated to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• redsek said:

Absolute respect for CARD and those who demonstrated today but it now seems like the decline of this club is permanent and terminal. I cannot believe what one egotistical and sociopathic individual has done, with the tacit support of people who should have had the interests of the club at heart. Feel defeated to be honest.

Terminal my arse. It's only a continuing disaster if he stays.

If we get a half decent new owner and a bit of footballing success the crowds will return. Just as they did somewhat even at the tail end of last season.
    ❤️❤️❤️
  • PopIcon said:

We get in @PopIcon you didnt like the idea.

You have said that 3 or 4 different threads now.

Instead of bitching you organise it next time, this was organised in a few short days and it doesnt matter if game was stopped for 1 minute or 10, it got the media coverage we wanted

1. This is the only thread I've mentioned that throwing crisps on the pitch was a bad idea.

2. Bitching? It's called an opinion, are they exclusive to one and another?

3. If the objective was to stop the match, I would suggest something a little more aerodynamic that might actually make the pitch.

I've made my point and have nothing else to say.

#RolandOut
    Thank fuck for that!
  • What happened to the crisps. I wonder if there will be an infestation of vermin.

There's only one rat at the club.
  • What happened to the crisps. I wonder if there will be an infestation of vermin.

We should be alright the megalomaniac and Truck man are across the North Sea at the moment.
  • Mini football and a packet of crisp dust for every kid at the next ‘fun’ day.