Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crisps on the Pitch.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Mametz said:

RedChaser said:

I heard one member of staff was told they couldn't keep a hand grenade on their desk last week.

You know what to do : - )

Release the pin and count to ten whilst retiring to a safe haven as soon as? :wink:
    Count to 10!!!
    Christ, you’d be on your way to kingdom come if you think you have that long.
    Incidentally......as a matter of interest, what is the pin release to ignition time on the average hand grenade......I’ve often wondered?
    It’s not the just the pin you have to worry about. Releasing the pin enables the lever to start the detonation process. You could release the pin but as long as you held the lever tight to the grenade you would have as long as you wanted before it went off. Once you release the lever, the typical time allowed would be 5 seconds.
    Just read a bit about British handgrenades in WWII.
    They were set for four seconds....thus giving the enemy less time to react and possibly throw it back at you.
  • Options
    On reflection... I can see how there was a bit of tension for security about this.

My Mrs wandered brazenly (innocently) into cross bars with a pack of crisps and made some heads turn and security shuffle and whisper.....

... and I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure I was found and identified in the crowd at the start of the second half in the lower west for my own flinging. Guy in high vis and shades came and had a good look at my section (it’s the lower west- no incidents ever for security).

I doubt anything will come of it

But these events do spook ‘em
  • Options

I think the idea was very clever, and I joined in unfortunately missing the away bench, but just about getting it on the pitch.

However what must be remembered is that only a minority of Charlton fans who now attend the games read this forum. The majority had no idea what and why it was happening. This should be addressed in the future in my opinion, I haven’t a clue what or how this could be rectified, other than time and publicity, which of course then give the SMT warning and preparation time.

Do we have a SMT?
    Not even an SMTV whilst Ant is recovering from the grog...
  • Options

On reflection... I can see how there was a bit of tension for security about this.

My Mrs wandered brazenly (innocently) into cross bars with a pack of crisps and made some heads turn and security shuffle and whisper.....

... and I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure I was found and identified in the crowd at the start of the second half in the lower west for my own flinging. Guy in high vis and shades came and had a good look at my section (it’s the lower west- no incidents ever for security).

Don't worry, we'll visit you in prison @Siv_in_Norfolk
  • Options

Don't worry, you'll probably only receive a court order, ordering you to be INSIDE the ground between 14:55 - 17:00 or 19:40 - 21:45 on home match days.
  • Options

Whether the crisp event was funny, original or just plain annoying it gained attention which is the sole aim. At full time my father-in-law rang, as he always does, with Charlton being his 'English' team. His first comment prior to listening to me droning on, was to report his hearing of the crisps protest. So well done to those involved as this was being heard about in SWEDEN no less.

Never underestimate the power of media. Well done CARD yet again, you have got the message out there.

there was cheese and onion as well
  • Options
    There has been a lot of negative publicity about our dear owner in the past week, notably in The Times which ran stories about staff dissatisfaction two days running. The crisps stunt was mildly amusing, and indeed got lots of media coverage. However, the only way we will get this twat out of our club, and sorry, I've been saying this for 2 years now, is a total boycott of home games. Given the alleged crowd of 8000 was I believe nearer to 5000, it is obvious the majority of Charlton supporters have indeed taken that option.
    It is not my place to tell other people what they should or should not do, so those of you with season tickets are no doubt going to continue going whatever, as indeed I did at Selhurst Park when thousands of people felt they couldn't go.
    However, the situation today is a lot different from those dark days, as at least then we had a team that could compete. Now the entire club is a total joke both on and off the field. The tragedy is that unless something happens soonish, the club will die because people no longer care, which in my opinion, is exactly what this Belgian twat wants.
  • Options

There has been a lot of negative publicity about our dear owner in the past week, notably in The Times which ran stories about staff dissatisfaction two days running. The crisps stunt was mildly amusing, and indeed got lots of media coverage. However, the only way we will get this twat out of our club, and sorry, I've been saying this for 2 years now, is a total boycott of home games. Given the alleged crowd of 8000 was I believe nearer to 5000, it is obvious the majority of Charlton supporters have indeed taken that option.
    It is not my place to tell other people what they should or should not do, so those of you with season tickets are no doubt going to continue going whatever, as indeed I did at Selhurst Park when thousands of people felt they couldn't go.
    However, the situation today is a lot different from those dark days, as at least then we had a team that could compete. Now the entire club is a total joke both on and off the field. The tragedy is that unless something happens soonish, the club will die because people no longer care, which in my opinion, is exactly what this Belgian twat wants.

So the only way to get rid of him is to not go to games but the club will die because no-one cares? There is no easy solution.

For me personally I have gone back and forth on attending or not. I also have a 13 year old who’s been Charlton mad since I first took him at age 4 and I felt guilty not taking him last season. I also felt a total disconnection to the club with Robinson in charge under Meire, I can’t explain it, it just felt like another club. However I have a lot of time for the current team management and squad. I’m doing a bit of a 180 here but I actually think boycotting is really hurting us now. I agree with protests in and out of the ground but we need to start taking back the club and showing up in force showing our support for the team and continuing to highlight Roland’s totally disastrous ownership, but we need bodies for both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely fans boycotting is putting the financial squeeze on Roland as the latest cost cutting measures show , I'm sure he'd love another 5,000 coming to games and protesting as he doesn't give a shit. He's only interested in the bottom line
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Whether the crisp event was funny, original or just plain annoying it gained attention which is the sole aim. At full time my father-in-law rang, as he always does, with Charlton being his 'English' team. His first comment prior to listening to me droning on, was to report his hearing of the crisps protest. So well done to those involved as this was being heard about in SWEDEN no less.

Never underestimate the power of media. Well done CARD yet again, you have got the message out there.

It's weird that they get the message in Sweden and all round the world. Yet some fans in SE7 don't want to get the message.
    Embellished that a little bit for you mate :wink: .
  • Options
    Oh the feckin irony of our Tone taking time off. :)
    https://www.nationalburgerday.co.uk
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

It's weird that they get the message in Sweden and all round the world. Yet some fans in SE7 don't want to get the message.
    Embellished that a little bit for you mate :wink: .
    Seriously Red, Sue Parkes, Essex Al and Martin Don Ounstead :wink: