Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crisps on the Pitch.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018

I heard one member of staff was told they couldn't keep a hand grenade on their desk last week.

You know what to do : - )

Release the pin and count to ten whilst retiring to a safe haven as soon as? :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I heard one member of staff was told they couldn't keep a hand grenade on their desk last week.

Release the pin and count to ten whilst retiring to a safe haven as soon as? :wink:
    Count to 10!!!
    Christ, you’d be on your way to kingdom come if you think you have that long.
    Incidentally......as a matter of interest, what is the pin release to ignition time on the average hand grenade......I’ve often wondered?
  • Options
    Lots on tongue in cheek coverage on talksport this morning. They are now running a phone in about crisps. Certainly adds to the publicity.
  • Options
    Reading the snippets of coverage and looking at the photos of the crisps on the pitch at the Valley it did look like that between them Rolland Duchalet and the charlton fans have created a fun place to go to watch football...might start to draw the crowds back...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I know times are tough, but i was a bit gutted with the crisp protest to be honest...... i copped a packet of Tesco's own brand crisps on the bonce from the upper north.

C'mon we can do better than that people, at least try Sainsburys next time!

I wonder if they got Waitrose crips in the west?
  • Options

I know times are tough, but i was a bit gutted with the crisp protest to be honest...... i copped a packet of Tesco's own brand crisps on the bonce from the upper north.

C'mon we can do better than that people, at least try Sainsburys next time!

If there were any Monster Munch flying around I would have been well pleased.
  • Options
    ...sorry, thought if said Crips
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For those that doubt the effectiveness of protests like the bottled water and yesterdays crisps perhaps we should have a round up of where it's been covered in today's sports pages?

We were awarded, "Protest of the Day" in today's printed Observer.

So potentially 175,000 people are reading about Roland's tightfisted ineptitude over their organic, free trade muesli and cooperatively farmed Venezuelan, low fat lattes this morning.

:-)

I bet they were impressed that we honoured Quentin Crisp yesterday
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I think you're confusing this with changing a dirty, very smelly nappy, Red.....
  • Options

I don’t think we should dig anyone out for organising a protest, no matter how effective. As a boycotter, I’m VERY grateful for the effort of groups of people like CARD and the belgium lot and the experience, will power and intellect of the likes of Rick. Many clubs don’t and wouldn’t have this.

Well said, sir
  • Options

I don’t think we should dig anyone out for organising a protest, no matter how effective. As a boycotter, I’m VERY grateful for the effort of groups of people like CARD and the belgium lot and the experience, will power and intellect of the likes of Rick. Many clubs don’t and wouldn’t have this.

It seems to have created a sh*t storm on Facebook today ....and opened up a deal of old & even new wounds.

I have been accused of posting disparaging remarks on CL by one of our members and being part of the reason why a divide exists between fans after commenting that said division has only been caused by one individual.

The dark side has even been mentioned as a source of posts bemoaning said division....

I acknowledge that I'm no shrinking violet but I'd love to read evidence of my disparaging comments and if any are found, the reason why they have been singled out from the multitude of others.

Pathetically, this has upset me today as although I speak my mind, I honestly don't believe I deserve to be singled out by one person who I have deemed an acquaintance to share niceties with over several years.

A week of disappointing results in both football & cricket has clearly taken its toll on my well being.

Silly old moo !
    Thank you Dandy Nicholls :wink:
  • Options

It seems to have created a sh*t storm on Facebook today ....and opened up a deal of old & even new wounds.

I have been accused of posting disparaging remarks on CL by one of our members and being part of the reason why a divide exists between fans after commenting that said division has only been caused by one individual.

The dark side has even been mentioned as a source of posts bemoaning said division....

I acknowledge that I'm no shrinking violet but I'd love to read evidence of my disparaging comments and if any are found, the reason why they have been singled out from the multitude of others.

Pathetically, this has upset me today as although I speak my mind, I honestly don't believe I deserve to be singled out by one person who I have deemed an acquaintance to share niceties with over several years.

A week of disappointing results in both football & cricket has clearly taken its toll on my well being.

Silly old moo !
    Chin up Jean. The darkest hour and all that! The dawn surely can’t be far away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear that Jean. I don’t read the other sites. I find that’s the best way for personal well being so I don’t know why you are being singled out.

But chin up and try not to take to heart.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Silly old moo !
    Just go in to ignore mode Jean.

The said people on the various other sites aren’t the sharpest tools in the box.
  • Options

The pigeon in the Covered End penalty area seemed to enjoy the protest. Spent the whole of the second half tucking in.

As I said yesterday, when the pigeons land in the penalty box we're attacking, you know we're not going to score.
  • Options

Silly old moo !

The said people on the various other sites aren’t the sharpest tools in the box.
    And that’s putting it lightly!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Sorry to hear that Jean. I don’t read the other sites. I find that’s the best way for personal well being so I don’t know why you are being singled out.

But chin up and try not to take it to heart

To be avoided like the plague. You can see how regular visits affects one or two.
  • Options

Silly old moo !

And that’s putting it lightly!
    I wasn’t what I typed originally- best to keep my thoughts to myself to be honest!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

RedChaser said:

Count to 10!!!
    Christ, you’d be on your way to kingdom come if you think you have that long.
    Incidentally......as a matter of interest, what is the pin release to ignition time on the average hand grenade......I’ve often wondered?
    It’s not the just the pin you have to worry about. Releasing the pin enables the lever to start the detonation process. You could release the pin but as long as you held the lever tight to the grenade you would have as long as you wanted before it went off. Once you release the lever, the typical time allowed would be 5 seconds.
  • Options
    I think the idea was very clever, and I joined in unfortunately missing the away bench, but just about getting it on the pitch.

However what must be remembered is that only a minority of Charlton fans who now attend the games read this forum. The majority had no idea what and why it was happening. This should be addressed in the future in my opinion, I haven’t a clue what or how this could be rectified, other than time and publicity, which of course then give the SMT warning and preparation time.
  • Options

I think the idea was very clever, and I joined in unfortunately missing the away bench, but just about getting it on the pitch.

However what must be remembered is that only a minority of Charlton fans who now attend the games read this forum. The majority had no idea what and why it was happening. This should be addressed in the future in my opinion, I haven’t a clue what or how this could be rectified, other than time and publicity, which of course then give the SMT warning and preparation time.

Do we have a SMT?