Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet spouting his opinions again

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

"The supporters' protests do me little".....

Of course they don't Roland.

"Duchâtelet was on the phone to the newspaper owner this morning, to rant at him for publishing the article".

Just to be clear- the latter refers to ROT article in Het Laatste Nieuws, not this one. Imagine he is quite proud of this one.
    Completely clear about that @Weegie Addick , the ROT campaign is a supporters protest though and the ensuing publicity from it quite obviously 'does him' more than a little, judging by his response.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Hoping @Weegie Addick ormsomeone else will be able to,present a full,translation, then if there are contentious views that the circulation engine to press and authorities goes on full throttle

I started on it last night but only on my phone. Have a day full of meetings but plan to work on it properly this evening on laptop unless anyone else beats me to it.

Kind of incredulous some of the stuff he says. But not unexpected, given what we've seen and heard before.
    Surely this is why we have meetings?
    Some of us run our own businesses, @redrobo, so no skiving for me ;-)
  • Options
    Hopefully the CARD publicity machine will get hold of all this and make maximum use of it back in UK territory. @SoundAsa£ for sure CAST will use any relevant comments in discussions with the EFL, but the latter are trying to drag their feet on the meeting.
  • Options
    They don’t really know me! Yes and that’s one of the biggest problems. The fact we don’t know our owner well enough because he was never there.

Migrants don’t add money. He’s saying that because most of his sellable assets have been home grown, like Lookman and Witsel.

But yes he is off his nut
  • Options

I totally believe him when he says he is in no hurry to sell. All the evidence supports that. Those who claim he "desperately" wants out.... I think they are wrong. I think he is gonna make buyers come to his price and not vice-versa.

On that basis he will never sell the club then.
  • Options
    Well, if that article was to win back support that he has lost due to ROT's brilliant efforts, he's scored an own goal!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    He's mentioned some of this before and it's the social experiment thing that really concerns me.
    We've gone from a football experiment to a social one.
    So the way we react to all of the mental things he does is starting to give him a hard on!
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

maniac shit dipping fuck stick ...

manifested retractable mc-triple-sandwich mutha fucker

Been shopping at Argos? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hideous old Belgian scrote!
  • Options
    Never mind all the rest of it:

It’s his views on the sinking of the Bismarck that intriques me.

He probably thinks that the wrong side lost the war.
  • Options
    Next question was about what an entrepreneur looks for in a football club.

I've been wondering about that myself lately. (laughs) It was a mistake. The football business does not suit me. Too irrational. If you want to lose real money, buy a football club.

I think laugh should be replaced with huh nevertheless I can’t argue against his response to this question.
  • Options
    This is very worrying,He can obviously sit back and wait for his price to be met,which might be never.
  • Options
    Alan Sugar could have told him about the business and football bad mix 25 years ago!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    He's at an age where he probably makes more per year than he loses and though it is likely somewhat irritating it is possibly not even seen as a problem...
  • Options
    He, himself, has spelt out his own unsuitability for owning a football club. He didn’t appreciate the irrationality involved.

Irrationality is at the heart of most people’s affiliation to a particular club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He's at an age where he probably makes more per year than he loses and though it is probably somewhat irritating but possibly not even seen as a problem...

I'm not sure that's true, I'm sure I read about a hihe drop in the Melexis share price, although I might have imagined that。
  • Options
    Reading some of that I really don't know how he passed the fit and proper test. Racist views, no regard for staff, delusional to say the least of it.
  • Options
    cafc83 said:

Reading some of that I really don't know how he passed the fit and proper test. Racist views, no regard for staff, delusional to say the least of it.

When I moved to China back in 2011, the criminal background check was basically a question on the visa application. "Do you have a criminal record" with options for yes and no, no checks were done beyond that. I imagine the FAPPT to be pretty similar.
  • Options

cafc83 said:

CAST is now trying to find out whether making racist remarks in public is a criterion the EFL apply in the ODT. Be prepared for the possibility that it is just fine and dandy with the EFL, so long as fixtures are fulfilled :-(

surely bringing the game into disrepute?

• Options

cafc83 said:

CAST is now trying to find out whether making racist remarks in public is a criterion the EFL apply in the ODT. Be prepared for the possibility that it is just fine and dandy with the EFL, so long as fixtures are fulfilled :-(

I fear you are right.

It should be a morality test as well, as letting the likes of Duchatelet own a club just leaves the EFL open to owners that not only damage clubs financially, but also bring the game into disrepute at a time when racism simply has no place in society. It is ironic that the 'Fit and Proper' test is not, in itself, 'Fit and Proper'.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Muslim immigration (he's not a fan of second- and third-generation immigrants being considered "guests" rather than citizens)

If I’m reading this right I agree with him as a second generation half paddy
    I may be wrong but I read that as he considers them guests as opposed to citizens
  • Options
    Just a question re EFL, what powers assuming Roland has broken any rules re running Charlton has the EFL got, is it limited to fines and point deductions etc., or have they got actual teeth, ie they could make him sell the club?

Not certain if this is the correct place to ask this question?
  • Options
    If a footballer came out with racist comments he'd be fined and/or banned.
  • Options

Just a question re EFL, what powers assuming Roland has broken any rules re running Charlton has the EFL got, is it limited to fines and point deductions etc., or have they got actual teeth, ie they could make him sell the club?

Not certain if this is the correct place to ask this question?

Is there a correct place CK?