Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet spouting his opinions again

Comments

• Options
    He's like Alan Turing in one way at least, in that he thinks he's a vastly superior being. He's wrong about that as well.
  • Options
    Thank you Weegie.
  • Options
    Hartelijk bedankt, @Skywalker.
  • Options
    He’s quite Trumpy in his own way.

He’s smarter than everyone, like to put people into groups and make blanket statements about them and sees everything in a binary fashion. There’s no nuance in his thinking.
  • Options
    Seems we are owned by Belgium's answer to Alf Garnett!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you Weegie

My two-penn'orth:

Lungi Macebo, our HR Manager, currently holidaying in Argentina, and also Director, since May 18, Director of Woman In Football "working in the industry, to challenge any discrimination & inequalities"

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THIS SHIT FROM YOUR BOSS?

So once a guest worker, always a guest worker – even for two to three generations?
    Duchâtelet: In genuine migration countries like Canada or New Zealand, I would never say anything like that. There you are a full citizen as soon as you are admitted as a migrant after thorough screening. But the second and third generation in Belgium? How did their parents end up here? It was the mismanagement of the governments at the time, which allowed virtually everyone in without any significant control. It is not only Belgium that is struggling with this. Correcting this mismangement is precisely what determines the political climate in Europe to a large extent. This is also very much the case in Germany.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    He'll have to put on about 100 lbs in weight, if he wants to be in the same league as Trumpy Rumpy and BoJo.
  • Options
    This is evidently the same article but translated into French

I'm posting it not only for completeness, but also for you to see the google translation into English!!

Le Vif 30/8/2018
    https://www.levif.be/actualite/belgique/roland-duchatelet-les-gens-gagnent-trop-peu-dans-ce-pays/article-normal-884593.html
    Roland Duchâtelet: "Les gens gagnent trop peu dans ce pays"
    Michel Vandersmissen, Erik Raspoet 30/08/18 à 14:57 - Mise à jour à 16:19 Source: Knack
    Certaines tendances de l'islam devraient figurer sur la liste de sectes dangereuses. Et non, son aventure dans le monde du foot n'était pas une franche réussite. L'entrepreneur Roland Duchâtelet n'a pas peur des déclarations fracassantes. "Enseignant, un métier pénible? Une honte."
    Il y a quelques jours, l'entrepreneur Roland Duchâtelet figurait encore dans les journaux britanniques, du tabloïd The Sun à l'institut The Times. Le torchon brûlait à nouveau dans son club de foot londonien, le Charlton Athletic. Le club fait des économies et les petits joueurs ne reçoivent plus d'eau en bouteille.

Roland Duchâtelet: "People earn too little in this country"
    Michel Vandersmissen, Erik Raspoet 30/08/18 at 14:57 - Updated at 16:19 Source: Knack
    Some trends in Islam should be on the list of dangerous cults. And no, his adventure in the world of football was not a frank success. Entrepreneur Roland Duchâtelet is not afraid of shattering statements. "Teacher, a hard job? A shame.”
    A few days ago, the entrepreneur Roland Duchâtelet was still in the British newspapers, tabloid The Sun at The Times Institute. The towel was burning again in his London football club, Charlton Athletic. The club saves money and the little players do not get bottled water anymore

(continues, but you have to sign up to see the rest)
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Dear Mr Duchatalet, whilst I may piss vinegar, I am a military historian, and pedant at that, I therefore feel compelled to correct your Generals and Bismark bullshit, the word you were searching for was Admiral you deranged fucktard, now fuckoff back to the fascinating world of micro electronics and let everyone else get on with thier own shit.....Clive Harris, MA

Quality
  • Options

I agree, there is a line he has crossed. What is sad is that people can cross it and not be called out for being racists - not just Roland. Islam is not a sect!I was trying to put down my thoughts on where that line might be! Sadly, you do have to think about it, which doesn't suit the way the world is at the moment!

I'd just like to point out that 'sect' and 'religion' are words, rightly or wrongly, that are freely interchangeable in France generally, so maybe in Belgium too. It is something that has always bothered me, but I have spoken to many people and read many examples where Islam and Christianity are referred to as sects.
  • Options

I agree, there is a line he has crossed. What is sad is that people can cross it and not be called out for being racists - not just Roland. Islam is not a sect!I was trying to put down my thoughts on where that line might be! Sadly, you do have to think about it, which doesn't suit the way the world is at the moment!

I'd just like to point out that 'sect' and 'religion' are words, rightly or wrongly, that are freely interchangeable in France generally, so maybe in Belgium too. It is something that has always bothered me, but I have spoken to many people and read many examples where Islam and Christianity are referred to as sects.
    Thank you for that information. It explains why there has not been any outrage in Belgium to his words.
  • Options
    His views about Basic Income are oddly in 100% opposition to his other idea that "government takes too much income (taxes.)"

To have UBI, taxes would have to explode. In most European countries and America, only about 50-55% of citizens are active in the workforce. Which means to have UBI, one half of society would have to give up half of what they make to the other half. No one would tolerate that for long. And this is before retirement schemes, healthcare costs, roads, defense. It is unworkable.

I sometimes wonder how the hell he got rich in the first place since he seems to not understand math and logic at the 4th grade level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

His views about Basic Income are oddly in 100% opposition to his other idea that "government takes too much income (taxes.)"

To have UBI, taxes would have to explode. In most European countries and America, only about 50-55% of citizens are active in the workforce. Which means to have UBI, one half of society would have to give up half of what they make to the other half. No one would tolerate that for long. And this is before retirement schemes, healthcare costs, roads, defense. It is unworkable.

I sometimes wonder how the hell he got rich in the first place since he seems to not understand math and logic at the 4th grade level.

I believe his wealth came via ownership of several patents, although I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Worth watching this again - 2014, such innocent times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3vZvopE24
  • Options
    Chizz said:

His views are far worse and far more dangerous. Because Roland Duchatelet is an influential, rich, charismatic, businessman, entrepreneur and politician. He shouldn't use his platform to criticise immigrants. He shouldn't use his platform to call for the banning of a religion. He shouldn't call for mosques to be shut and imams deported. He shouldn't "other" people who are second or third generation immigrants in his country.

But if he does want to publicise those views, he should not be the "President" of a football club which has a long and proud tradition of fighting racism.

Charismatic? You sure Chizz?
  • Options
    this wont be popular...but his knowledge and understanding on football is deluded, his points on other agendas, annoyingly and embarrassingly (cue the abuse) i agree with some of what he says
  • Options
    *drums fingers*
  • Options
    Addickted said:

CAFCDAZ said:

this wont be popular...but his knowledge and understanding on football is deluded, his points on other agendas, annoyingly and embarrassingly (cue the abuse) i agree with some of what he says

Yeh, we've got far too many teachers.

They all finish by 3.30, get every weekend off and have you seen the amount of holidays they get?

Some of them are muslims as well.

Disgraceful.

not going down the politics route, way to opinionated, but his views, non football i will add have relevance. you can make from that what you want, in my industry i see it and agree with what he says.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

Addickted said:

CAFCDAZ said:

Yeh, we've got far too many teachers.

They all finish by 3.30, get every weekend off and have you seen the amount of holidays they get?

Some of them are muslims as well.

Disgraceful.

not going down the politics route, way to opinionated, but his views, non football i will add have relevance. you can make from that what you want, in my industry i see it and agree with what he says.
    You work in Education?
  • Options
    actually own a recruitment company and recruit in all industries.