Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Duchatelet spouting his opinions again

12346»

Comments

• aliwibble said:

Chizz said:

His views are far worse and far more dangerous. Because Roland Duchatelet is an influential, rich, charismatic, businessman, entrepreneur and politician. He shouldn't use his platform to criticise immigrants. He shouldn't use his platform to call for the banning of a religion. He shouldn't call for mosques to be shut and imams deported. He shouldn't "other" people who are second or third generation immigrants in his country.

But if he does want to publicise those views, he should not be the "President" of a football club which has a long and proud tradition of fighting racism.

Charismatic? You sure Chizz?
    Yes, absolutely. I take charismatic to mean being of strong character, fascinating, full of personality and being able to use those traits in order to lead. He's certainly had one or two people demonstrate that they are in his thrall.

Hitler had charisma. As did Mussolini and Stalin. And, along with Trump and Farage, they go a long way to prove you can have charisma, while being a dick.
  • Chizz said:

aliwibble said:

Chizz said:

His views are far worse and far more dangerous. Because Roland Duchatelet is an influential, rich, charismatic, businessman, entrepreneur and politician. He shouldn't use his platform to criticise immigrants. He shouldn't use his platform to call for the banning of a religion. He shouldn't call for mosques to be shut and imams deported. He shouldn't "other" people who are second or third generation immigrants in his country.

But if he does want to publicise those views, he should not be the "President" of a football club which has a long and proud tradition of fighting racism.

Yes, absolutely. I take charismatic to mean being of strong character, fascinating, full of personality and being able to use those traits in order to lead. He's certainly had one or two people demonstrate that they are in his thrall.

You need to revise your interpretation of charismatic
  • Perhaps so... I have no charisma.. but if I was a multimillionaire in the sexy field of microelectronics, imagine how charismatic I'd be!
  • Chizz said:

aliwibble said:

Chizz said:

No, I can go with the "strong character, fascinating, full of personality and being able to use those traits in order to lead" definition, just having trouble matching that to the Roland we know and loathe.
  • Chizz said:

aliwibble said:

Chizz said:

How would you interpret "charismatic" @Six-a-bag-of-nuts ? I am happy to stand by the definition I posted.
  • McBobbin said:

Perhaps so... I have no charisma.. but if I was a multimillionaire in the sexy field of microelectronics, imagine how charismatic I'd be!

I think that in one witty post you've demonstrated more charisma than Two Shats has in almost five miserable years.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

Addickted said:

CAFCDAZ said:

actually own a recruitment company and recruit in all industries.

Problem with this Country is too many parasites stealing a living off the back of hard working individuals.

Make HMRC seem almost decent.
    superb, bravo addickted, got to say it made me chuckle, lucky i have skin like an elephant otherwise i might have been offended.

don't tell me, you hate donald trump, love khan, voted to remain, are probably a fan of corbyn, would describe tommy robinson as a racist and of course a hard core antifa fan who of course is would describe himself at liberal.
    Wow.....you don’t know how wrong you are.
  • Stig said:

McBobbin said:

Perhaps so... I have no charisma.. but if I was a multimillionaire in the sexy field of microelectronics, imagine how charismatic I'd be!

I think that in one witty post you've demonstrated more charisma than Two Shats has in almost five miserable years.
    Huh?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:

Addickted said:

CAFCDAZ said:

actually own a recruitment company and recruit in all industries.

Problem with this Country is too many parasites stealing a living off the back of hard working individuals.

Make HMRC seem almost decent.
    superb, bravo addickted, got to say it made me chuckle, lucky i have skin like an elephant otherwise i might have been offended.

don't tell me, you hate donald trump, love khan, voted to remain, are probably a fan of corbyn, would describe tommy robinson as a racist and of course a hard core antifa fan who of course is would describe himself at liberal.
    Wow.....you don’t know how wrong you are.
    glad to hear it SA, i could say the same about addickted. listen i think Duche is the biggest cunt going, but it doesnt mean by agreeing with something he says about politics that i think any more of him, but he has a point.
  • Anyone got a plane that could take one of these to st trudien?
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

aliwibble said:

Chizz said:

How would you interpret "charismatic" @Six-a-bag-of-nuts ? I am happy to stand by the definition I posted.
    Oh I dunno Chizz, look it up in the Oxford English.
    I probably didn't mean that anyway.
    I probably meant that Duchatelet is about as Charismatic as my bum.
  • edited September 2018
    Am I right that they used Weegie's Free Translation Service - verbatim? If ever there was a need for proof that pro journos lift stuff from CL or the Trust site, that is it.
  • Shame they didn't pick up on his migration clap-trap, but still his own words show him to be an idiot losing £10million a year but in being in no rush to sell.
  • This quote stood out for me:

'The football business doesn’t suit me. Too irrational. If you want to lose real money, buy a football club.'

Not exactly the best way to encourage bidders to meet his inflated valuation of a club losing £10m each year.
  • I think Roland must have given this interview before Bank Holiday Monday, because he was certainly singing a different tune about protesters in the interview he gave the following week! In fact, he seemed quite put out.

Oh Dear, what a pity!

Let's hope he realises that there is only one way he is going to rid himself of these unwelcome intrusions into his cosy little world in Sint-Truiden

Just sell the club, our famous football club,....
  • Sponsored links:

• How he made his millions, I will never know.

Lucky idiot springs to mind.

Complete fruit loop....

Of all of the owners in all of the world, we get him.

Katrien and Karlen went barking mad purely down to his influence - that might be pushing it a little !