Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shaving - Which Razor ?

Comments

• Options
    Surprised nobody has mention how the popular makes of razors aren't actually branded on the items themselves. Replacement blades aren't either and the fitting ends are hidden from view by packaging and often changed. Thus over time , if you forget the type you are using, often you end up buying the wrong blade for your razor.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Men grow beards

No they don't unless you are in the Navy and have the Captain's permission to do so! Smarten yourselves up FFS :wink: because I can't grow one despite how much I try and that's really embarrassing so I pretend that real men don't have beards even though they all do really
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Gillette double blade and no soap or gel. Works for me. Only shave twice a week.

That's because you are 13 mate... :lol:
    Not necessarily, if he was, all he would need to do is wash in milk and let his cat do the rest :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Beardface said:

RedChaser said:

Men grow beards

No they don't unless you are in the Navy and have the Captain's permission to do so! Smarten yourselves up FFS :wink: because I can't grow one despite how much I try and that's really embarrassing so I pretend that real men don't have beards even though they all do really
    Funny you should say that because my old Dad couldn't grow a moustache and therefore the full facial fuzz because the right hand side of his tash went missing. Mind you he didn't need to hide his looks, like father like son :sunglasses: .
  • Options
    Beardface said:

RedChaser said:

Men grow beards

So, you can’t grow a beard but yet your username is Beardface :lol:
  • Options
    This is my daily use one.
    Not disposable.

• Options
    seth plum said:

This is my daily use one.
    Not disposable.

Seth, she looks like she could dispose of you very easily if she wanted to.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

*Cough cough* Cornerstone are a British startup. Using German engineered blades with all skincare supplies made here in the UK. I may or may not work for them also *cough cough* :wink:

Check them out online and check out the reviews - no quibble refund on all 1st subscription orders too, so if you’re not a fan you’re not out of pocket.

I use Cornerstone. Good quality razors and the customer service is very good.
  • Options
    Anyone use the Philip's Oneblade thingy? Any good?
  • Options

I've got one, use it for trimming my beard during the winter, also use it if I've got a few days growth, rather than blocking up a new razor blade. Will still use a razor blade after for a close shave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've got one, use it for trimming my beard during the winter, also use it if I've got a few days growth, rather than blocking up a new razor blade. Will still use a razor blade after for a close shave.
    What’s the significance of the winter ?

• Options

What’s the significance of the winter ?

I don't have one in the summer.
  • Options
    You throw your razor away at the end of May ? ;0)
  • Options
    Bought an electric body razor for the first time a couple of weeks ago and can highly recommend.

Think the youth use them to keep their bodies perfectly hair free and baby's bum like.

I got one because I kept getting my armpit hair tucked in my socks!
  • Options
    Cornerstone for theee yrs now I think but I also have a full Turkish shave and haircuts every month nothing smoother than that imo
  • Options

Cornerstone for theee yrs now I think but I also have a full Turkish shave and haircuts every month nothing smoother than that imo

I'm not coming all the way to Green Lanes just for a shave though, NLA... :grin:
  • Options
    Worth it though mate
  • Options
    I keep a short beard/thick stubble all year round but do wet shave the neck and cheeks 1-2 times a week. Use an electric razor in between, but it never does it as well as a wet shave IMO.

Tempted from comments on this thread to get a double edged razor. Currently use disposables and have recently given up on foam/gel - just use warm water and a lotion for after.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I tend to dry shave around the face, but generally wet shave on the sack, back and crack.
  • Options
    Oh and FYI - Dollar Shave Club are not a startup, they're owned by Unilever, one of the biggest conglomerates around. They're got some very expensive marketing pushing the idea that they're still a little startup (violins) but that's bull.

https://medium.com/@aparacciani/seven-reasons-why-unilever-bought-dollar-shave-club-e9dc41b601fb
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bumpity mcbump bump.

Having been a beardy for 13 years I went clean shaven not long after lockdown started, basically for something to do!

Does anyone have an electric shaver they’d recommend please?
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Bumpity mcbump bump.

Having been a beardy for 13 years I went clean shaven not long after lockdown started, basically for something to do!

Does anyone have an electric shaver they’d recommend please?
    https://tinyurl.com/y6eugpaj 
  • Options
    Depends on budget. I use a Braun 5 series. Watch out for regular price reductions
  • Options
    We could do with an aftershave thread!
  • Options
    Wet shaved for 35 years so no use to you..... but if you want to come over to the dark side I've been using Gillette Mach 3 for a number of years. 
  • Options
    Wet shaved for 35 years so no use to you..... but if you want to come over to the dark side I've been using Gillette Mach 3 for a number of years. 
    Thats what I’ve been using, but I don’t enjoy scraping my face, hence the interest in electric razors. Would never associate the dark side with you golfie 😉
  • Options
    I used my electric clippers with no length attachment on my nutsack a few weeks ago. Very, very bad idea. Basically sheared through the skin like a hedge cutter.

• Options
    I like the Phillps OneBlade.
  • Options
    Ruddock.
    17th hardest man in football. Apparently.