Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton announce administration

Comments

• I don't have a problem with agents paid for by players, or even by clubs for sort out complex transfers.  But when Leeds paid an agent about 3 million quid for finding a buyer for Harry Kewell you know something is wrong. 

Is that Liverpool?

Yes

Would you like to buy HK?

Yes

Thanks 

£3 million please Peter.

You couldn't make it up. 
  • Only problem I have with Players being the ones to pay the Agents is the fact that I think we'll see wage demands simply going up to counter what they're losing out on

i.e. a Player surely doesnt think about what he's being paid, he gets given a figure and told by the Agent if they think its acceptable or not - If an Agent gets given a figure from the club in the region of £70k their instant reaction will surely be: "Hang on, I'm not going to get paid much of by my Client, I'll say the player is demanding no less than £100k"
  • so, whats going on at Bolton?
  • Actors and writers all have agents. Surely it's them who pay their fees, not the TV/Film company?
  • Only problem I have with Players being the ones to pay the Agents is the fact that I think we'll see wage demands simply going up to counter what they're losing out on

i.e. a Player surely doesnt think about what he's being paid, he gets given a figure and told by the Agent if they think its acceptable or not - If an Agent gets given a figure from the club in the region of £70k their instant reaction will surely be: "Hang on, I'm not going to get paid much of by my Client, I'll say the player is demanding no less than £100k"
    I actually think it'll have the opposite effect. Currently agents are nominally employed by players, but paid by clubs. This means there is no downward pressure on what the agents take as their "employer" doesn't have to pay it. Once players actually have to write a cheque to their agents they'll start to question what the agent has actually done to earn that and why aren't they with an agent that won't take as much. Agents will have to start justifying to their clients why they're worth so much. In that Harry Kewell example above the player will rightfully ask how the agent is worth £3 million for just a few hours of contract negotiations.

Remember, no player actually needs an agent. The PFA offer a completely free contract negotiation service, which amazingly few use. You have to think that if the player has to pay for the agent out of their own pocket that a lot more would take up the completely free alternative.
    Agree with what you say... Especially when it comes to the PFA

I think as well to stop Agents from doing what I suspect in my post; instead of the club talking about figures with the Agent it should be done between club and player, all the Agent should be there to do is as an introductionary, once player and club have met the Agent's job should be done 
  • EFL have given Bassini 48 hours to come up with the goods (money or proof of, plus other paperwork) or........?????. (they didnt say what would happen after that)

Also saying that there is no reason why the Forest game on Sunday shouldn't go ahead. I'm sure the players will have something to say about that of they still haven't been paid by Friday. 

I actually think it'll have the opposite effect. Currently agents are nominally employed by players, but paid by clubs. This means there is no downward pressure on what the agents take as their "employer" doesn't have to pay it. Once players actually have to write a cheque to their agents they'll start to question what the agent has actually done to earn that and why aren't they with an agent that won't take as much. Agents will have to start justifying to their clients why they're worth so much. In that Harry Kewell example above the player will rightfully ask how the agent is worth £3 million for just a few hours of contract negotiations.

Remember, no player actually needs an agent. The PFA offer a completely free contract negotiation service, which amazingly few use. You have to think that if the player has to pay for the agent out of their own pocket that a lot more would take up the completely free alternative.
    Agree with what you say... Especially when it comes to the PFA

I think as well to stop Agents from doing what I suspect in my post; instead of the club talking about figures with the Agent it should be done between club and player, all the Agent should be there to do is as an introductionary, once player and club have met the Agent's job should be done 
    It's also nearly always in the agents best interest for a player to move clubs, even if it isn't right for the player. 
  • I wonder if Steve Bull or Matt le tissier had agents... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    so, whats going on at Bolton?

Bolton's final Championship game of the season at Nottingham Forest will go ahead on Sunday after the club said its players would be available.

The game was in doubt after last week's match against Brentford was postponed, with Bolton's players going on strike over unpaid wages for March and April.

BBC Sport understands the PFA has agreed to loan the club money to cover some of the unpaid wages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48127869

• God knows where that leaves Bolton now. About to go into the summer so no matchday income coming in
  • Can only imagine they'll go into Administration

Will surely start League One next season at best with a 10-point deduction like Southampton a few years back
  • It's a farce over there.
  • edited May 2019
    I think they might wind up in liquidation.
  • WSS said:

Bassini doesn't fill me wit much confidence. Hard times fr Bolton fans.
  • Jesus he fills me with no confidence, bloke sounds dangerous to the game

If he's in control how the hell have the EFL passed him
  • Sponsored links:

• What an unbelievable shitshow all round

I'd be very afraid if I were a Bolton fan

• Jesus he fills me with no confidence, bloke sounds dangerous to the game

If he's in control how the hell have the EFL passed him

He blindsided them while they were finalising their purchase of Charlton.
  • Addickted said:
    Not even made 200 pages on their takeover thread.

Amateurs 
  • It seems to me that if this has happens then it is from the frying pan into the fire for Bolton supporters.
  • Bolton v Brentford wont be taking place... the latter have been given a 1-0 win

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48151016
  • Only a 1-0 win? I thought the default score was 3-0.

Maybe they've looked at Brentford's forward line and decided to scale it back.
    I wonder if the Brentford players will get win bonuses  :)