Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton announce administration

Comments

• Would imagine the league will hammer them for this
  • Can we sign players from them? 
  • edited April 2019
    Redrobo said:
    Can we sign players from them? 
    Makes the transfer of Oztumer that we wanted in January even more bizarre. I bet he’s gutted he didn’t get the move, and I am sure we are disappointed too.

Think I’ve said on here before, but I hate Bolton, and I don’t know why. Just really dislike them. 
  • Their new ‘owner’ is a total charlatan - doesn’t have a proverbial pot to urinate in.
  • edited April 2019
    Poor old Parky in the s*** once again.

I don't approve normally of workers inconveniencing those who have no say or control over their plight but it sounds as if the Bolton staff have been left with little option in the circumstances.
  • Their remaining fixtures don’t have any impact on relegation or promotion so easy for EFL to give a 3-0 win to their opponents.

However hard to see any outcome for BWFC other than liquidation.
  • As much as it is terrible to see, the club needs to face the consequences of being in so much debt. Its terrible for the fans, but there has to be consequences, otherwise the EFL loses any credibility as a competition. Football really is in a mess.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Would you work if not getting paid?

good luck to them 
    No.

Point I'm making is football finance is a busted flush below Premier level.

Despite how decent their fans are, Bolton are not fit and proper. If you let them get away with it, then what's the point of professional football as competition??
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope that if they do go into administration then the 10 or 12 point deduction takes effect next season.
  • Crazy stuff and I agree with others this could be the end of Bolton.

Horrible for their fans

But it shows the EFL are not fit for purpose, a 2nd tier team and ex top tier team that have had a game called of due to players striking over money owed and possible liquidation

EFL TWATS
  • MrOneLung said:
    Would you work if not getting paid?

good luck to them 

Point I'm making is football finance is a busted flush below Premier level.

They wracked most of their old debt (around £150m) up in the Premier League ! 
    Football is a joke , all this get to the Premier League and make millions is bullshit.
    how many clubs actually make millions over a period of time ? 
    Which clubs are coining it in once all the players , transfer fees etc have been done , I don’t believe there’s much left for most teams .
    go up to prem spend nothing and go back down , isn’t that what happened at Blackpool .
    no one of sane mind should get involved .
    its so far out of hand now 
  • A question though.
    We get new owners at our club , we are told were going to take a chance and throw money at trying to get into the premier league
    I wonder what percentage of our fans would worry about the consequences about it going tits up.

• clb74 said:
    A question though.
    We get new owners at our club , we are told were going to take a chance and throw money at trying to get into the premier league
    I wonder what percentage of our fans would worry about the consequences about it going tits up.

There is a difference nowadays with caps on how much clubs can spend. 
  • Sage said:
    Redrobo said:
    Can we sign players from them? 
    Makes the transfer of Oztumer that we wanted in January even more bizarre. I bet he’s gutted he didn’t get the move, and I am sure we are disappointed too.

Think I’ve said on here before, but I hate Bolton, and I don’t know why. Just really dislike them. 
    Get him in for the playoffs, he can be this years Neil Heaney!
  • As much as it is terrible to see, the club needs to face the consequences of being in so much debt. Its terrible for the fans, but there has to be consequences, otherwise the EFL loses any credibility as a competition. Football really is in a mess.
    People in glass houses...
  • Crusty54 said:
    clb74 said:
    A question though.

There is a difference nowadays with caps on how much clubs can spend. 
    You can still lose £40m over 3 years or something...easily enough to go bust
  • Hope that if they do go into administration then the 10 or 12 point deduction takes effect next season.
    In general I don't think this is enough of a deterrent or punishment, points deductions are a cop out. In Italy they relegate teams multiple divisions and/or they end up liquidating and being reformed as an AFC equivalent. 10 or 12 points is barely a slap on the wrist and is unfair on clubs who do keep their finances in order. See Palace, Southampton, Leicester etc. 
  • RedPanda said:
    Hope that if they do go into administration then the 10 or 12 point deduction takes effect next season.
    In general I don't think this is enough of a deterrent or punishment, points deductions are a cop out. In Italy they relegate teams multiple divisions and/or they end up liquidating and being reformed as an AFC equivalent. 10 or 12 points is barely a slap on the wrist and is unfair on clubs who do keep their finances in order. See Palace, Southampton, Leicester etc. 
    Leicester were one of the biggest offenders not that many years ago .
  • Sponsored links:

• Unfortunately I can see them going under, then reforming under a new name and spending big again as they will be debt free.

• RedPanda said:
    Hope that if they do go into administration then the 10 or 12 point deduction takes effect next season.
    Totally agree. Scandal how Southampton got out of their debts & managed to finance a promotion the following season when their creditors got something like 10p in the £. 
  • clb74 said:
    A question though.

The older ones who lived through the Mark Hulyer days for a start.

• They should be demoted to league 2. Also any club that enters administration should also have to restart in league 2. 
  • clb74 said:
    A question though.

What about a new owner who down graded the academy, scrapped the u23s, closed the east stand, sold naming rights to the Valley and halved the 1st team playing budget?

• The only solution in my opinion is either spread the premier league money more fairly among the 92 clubs (not going to happen) or say that every club must submit a financial forecast every April, for the current season.  If they aren't breaking even, as a mimium they are docked 20 points that season. If they are found to have lied or mislead in this statement they get kicked out the league, no ifs, no buts. 
  • clubs need to stop paying their players more than they can afford and present it as such to their fans. Sadly until all clubs are willing to spend only what they can afford this will continue to happen. 

Nothing will happen. Bolton 2019 will be created, take the current clubs place and the merry go round of owners will go again. And it twelve months time the same discussions will happen with another club. 

• It's really lucky that Bolton aren't playing anyone with something to play for. Imagine the mess if they were due to play Leeds or Sheffield United