Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ownership clarify discretionary staff bonus situation

Comments

• Beyond ‘beyond ‘beyond parody’’.
  • So who was the prat stating "I am losing £10 million a month on this football club?" You think that would have helped helped sell your club then....... calling us vineger pissers, claiming all the Lookman money has gone into the training ground. A boiler installed but not connected. This tight old wad needs to go. Go please Go Roland. Just when I am enjoying going to the Valley again, enjoying my sats with Bowyer's and Jackos team, out comes this shitty statement. This has really annoyed me and wound me up. How dare you insult my intellingence and issue a statement lik that you horrible horrible person. He needs to go. Sell sell sell you fool
  • 5.5m EBITDA loss v £10m operating loss. If you are wondering what the £4.5m difference was I've just had a look in the 2017 accounts and this showed

1.7m Depreciation of fixed assets
    1.8m Ammortisation of goodwill
    1.0m interest, presumably on the loans from Stapix

Its not unreasonable to assume siliar figures for last year
  • Rudders22 said:

So who was the prat stating "I am losing £10 million a month on this football club?" You think that would have helped helped sell your club then....... calling us vineger pissers, claiming all the Lookman money has gone into the training ground. A boiler installed but not connected. This tight old wad needs to go. Go please Go Roland. Just when I am enjoying going to the Valley again, enjoying my sats with Bowyer's and Jackos team, out comes this shitty statement. This has really annoyed me and wound me up. How dare you insult my intellingence and issue a statement lik that you horrible horrible person. He needs to go. Sell sell sell you fool

honestly, you would be forgiven for thinking that that's why they release these statements.

• Cut the crap..... to suggest that the disclosure by CARD or whoever has made the sale of the club more difficult is total bollox.
    PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THAT IS THOUGHT TO BE THE CASE......YOU COMPLETE BUNCH OF WANKERS!!!!
  • 5.5m EBITDA loss v £10m operating loss. If you are wondering what the £4.5m difference was I've just had a look in the 2017 accounts and this showed

1.7m Depreciation of fixed assets
    1.8m Amortisation of goodwill
    1.0m interest, presumably on the loans from Stapix

Its not unreasonable to assume siliar figures for last year

What this means is that the oft quoted funding a £1m a month loss isn't accurate, its a piffling £500k a month, as none of the depreciation, amortisation or interest are physically paid
  • Just another Tuesday at Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland is so bloody tight he wouldn't even lend his roll of duct tape for the academy players to fix their boots!

He's also an egotistical, stubborn, lying twat!
  • ...although tbf it's nice that Sean Spicer has got back into the work environment.
  • I'm no fan of the regime, but they do have a point about CARD demanding accuracy from them - but not being aware that the disputed bonus was "discretionary", and therefore not guaranteed.

On the final point about "breakfasts and water" - there is no comment from them about food, and the inference is that the players are drinking (cheaper) tap water as opposed to bottled mineral water. Is this correct ?

As for investing £2.2m per year............well,.... Gomez will have seen you all square for a few years then !
  • "the huge reputational damage to the club"
    Well there you go. Good reputations are very easy to lose or damage but a lot hardy to get. Its down to the owners running of his pet project, which he never bothered with, no one else.
    They need to engage brain before firing nonsensical statements.
  • So while Lee"The Faceman" Bowyer and John "Hannibal" Jackson and the A-Team were out paint balling yesterday. Howling Mad Duchatalot was looking for the keys to the wine cellar and the password. Feck me I am 10 years younger than him and my Missus wouldnt dream of leaving me unsupervised. ;)
  • “This was mainly because of the ongoing sale of the club which caused our CEO to leave resulting in delayed player sales and delay in actions being taken to make the club more cost efficient”-lol

Yep point taken, everything was going rosy before she left....
  • T_C_E said:

So while Lee"The Faceman" Bowyer and John "Hannibal" Jackson and the A-Team were out paint balling yesterday. Howling Mad Duchatalot was looking for the keys to the wine cellar and the password. Feck me I am 10 years younger than him and my Missus wouldnt dream of leaving me unsupervised. ;)

JJ is definitely (The) Face(man)
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:

So who was the prat stating "I am losing £10 million a month on this football club?" You think that would have helped helped sell your club then....... calling us vineger pissers, claiming all the Lookman money has gone into the training ground. A boiler installed but not connected. This tight old wad needs to go. Go please Go Roland. Just when I am enjoying going to the Valley again, enjoying my sats with Bowyer's and Jackos team, out comes this shitty statement. This has really annoyed me and wound me up. How dare you insult my intellingence and issue a statement lik that you horrible horrible person. He needs to go. Sell sell sell you fool

So you want Roland to go then?

• edited September 2018

I’m glad that’s clear now.

The club set targets for staff with an expectation that, if these were met, a bonus would be paid.

The targets were met but the overall business result was shit (not as bad as it would have been if the targets hadn’t been met) and so Duchatelet, presumably on advice from accountants and lawyers just didn’t pay the bonus.

Probably legally fine to not pay discretionary bonuses no matter what has been said about the potential for a bonus, morally wrong.

I doubt very much that any advice has been sought from accountants and lawyers.

I reckon this is Duchatelet telling LDT to make the problem go away. Instead of which he's poured petrol on the burning embers.

Unless there is evidence that staff were clearly told that the bonuses were discretionary, contingent on overall financial performance, I think the staff have a strong case.
  • Rudders22 said:

Who has rattled that person's cage??

CARD clearly haha.

CARD have done this
    CARD have done that.

This person is clearly not a fan of CARD
  • Playing devils advocate for a minute.

If the bonuses were discretionary and not contractual as I think we were led to believe then I don't think RD had done much wrong. Yes, the club should maybe have told the staff........but if I was a member of staff at a club in such a state as this I think I would have already had a word with my line manager or whoever is in charge just to see what the position was....maybe in June or July.

But apart from that I do agree with everything else pp's have said about the statement.
  • Assume our Glorious Leader's right-hand man brought in a rough draft of this when he returned to work this morning. Probably took a couple of hours to tidy up the punctuation and to try and make out the words between the food stains on the napkin it was written on the back of. Definitely written for the benefit of the EFL, which is a shame for him because it raises more questions than it answers. It still reads like the Leader feels he is being unfairly victimised - would love to see his first draft.
  • As others have said 3 or 4 times it mentions and unsigned letter, they are obviously trying to find ouy who it was from so they can sack them
  • A proper loon.