Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£16m + Hayden Mullens

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Think Benty will be seen riding his Chopper through the Blackwall Tunnel by the end of the weekend..... :-(

Comments

• Options
    Will We be getting harewood and mullens plus cash for bent,or cash and mullens.Is this a good deal, how much of the cash we get will go back to Ipswich.
    Still, we'll find out soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    as you say, we'll find out soon. But expect cash, + Mullins, i don't think Harewood is part of the deal though i may be wrong. We pay Ipswich a percentage (i think 20%) of the cash element above the £2.5m we paid for him.

Unless someone else joins in the bidding late...
  • Options
    i know it's gutting, IF TRUE, afka, but this is a great deal for the club, as i don't think we would have been comfortable risking our greatest asset in the more physical ccc. this deal could suit both clubs and although i would have preferred benty to go elsewhere, it's all about us getting the best possible deal and then investing whatever is available to help pards build his own squad. the future looks very bright!
  • Options
    It's a lot for an english player, Most clubs now look abroad for cheaper options,it's about time the club stuck to there guns and make sure they get a good price.
    West ham will be buying a proven goal scorer, and a young prospect at that.
  • Options
    Gotta admit, you cant turn down 16 mill and mullins for Dazza. Im not a big fan of Mullins but he would be a good addition in the championship. glad harewood wont be a part of it because i dont rate him! Shame its to the Spammers but good luck Benty!!
  • Options
    the mail seem to think it's a done deal.

dazza worth 17 mill
  • Options
    this has now reached the 'no smoke without fire stage' and a deal seems to have been done. The fact they state he is returning from the Caribbean for a medical does at least suggest that the Mail are on the ball and actually know where he is at the moment. 75k per week is not to be sniffed at and even if Spuds or Liverpool match the fee they are not going to be able to match the wages, although I don't feel that Benty is entirely money orientated. Good luck to him. Hate that it's West Ham but we need to get as much as possible from whomever that may be.
  • Options
    Crikey.

The Mail usually gets pretty good steers on Charlton stories, so this looks like it...
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I would rather him go to Wet Spam than Spurtz. Never had a problem with the Hamsters (until last season grrrrrrr) and would rather Bent goes to a club where he will play week in week out and might get a bit more recognition. He's certainly a class better than that no-mark Johnson and I have a lot of time for Bent not only as a player, but also as a human being. There were at least three occasions when he could have moved on from us since signing - the fact that he didn't, and still hasn't made any noise about wanting to leave, marks him out for me as a much more worthy human being than 95% of modern footballers.

Not signed yet but if, and when, he does go - good luck to him I say - he's a class act.

Mullins, on the other hand, is a class A cnut - he can fuckin stay at Upton Park for all I care - I'd gladly drop a million to have him not play in a red shirt. He is Palarse through and through and, mark my words, will be a liability for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I would rather him go to Wet Spam than Spurtz. Never had a problem with the Hamsters (until last season grrrrrrr) and would rather Bent goes to a club where he will play week in week out and might get a bit more recognition. He's certainly a class better than that no-mark Johnson and I have a lot of time for Bent not only as a player, but also as a human being. There were at least three occasions when he could have moved on from us since signing - the fact that he didn't, and still hasn't made any noise about wanting to leave, marks him out for me as a much more worthy human being than 95% of modern footballers.

Not signed yet but if, and when, he does go - good luck to him I say - he's a class act.

Reckon you are 100% spot on with this Leroy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]Gotta admit, you cant turn down 16 mill and mullins for Dazza. Im not a big fan of Mullins but he would be a good addition in the championship. glad harewood wont be a part of it because i dont rate him! Shame its to the Spammers but good luck Benty!!

Spot on, we simply cannot afford to turn down that offer if it's true..it could then see us easily spend another £5m before the start of the season.
  • Options
    Boo, proper Charlton old boys at West Ham.

How good are Parker and Bent going to be together :(

If/when Young goes there the whole spine of the side will be 3 of Curbs best ever Charlton players.

Jealous, moi?
  • Options
    Something in my water tells me this is the way things are going to go, rather than to Spurs.

Firstly, as I said before the Mail generally knows what's going on at Charlton. Secondly, there's probably more in it for Pards and Curbs to do business with each other (especially if Pards is keen on Mullins). Thirdly, Spurs are a bunch of arrogant fools who do their business through the papers.

What really annoys me is that Liverpool seem out of the race - what's up with the world when Liverpool can be outbid by poxy West Ham?
  • Options
    it wouldn't surprise me if man utd or chelsea enter the frame...lets not forget, bent is a class act and teams at the top make a habit of acquiring such players...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]it wouldn't surprise me if man utd or chelsea enter the frame...lets not forget, bent is a class act and teams at the top make a habit of acquiring such players...
    Especially with Saha injured till December and Drogba buggering off to Africa in January
  • Options
    Chelsea haven't got room in their rotation of strikers for a player like Bent unless they sell Kalou (unlikey) and MU have already splashed a lot of cash on forwards this summer with maybe 1 more big foreign striker to come in so unless they sell Saha i can't see that happening either. Liverpool or one of the takeover clubs getting involved wouldn't surprise me though.
  • Options
    Fair point about the ANC.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]it wouldn't surprise me if man utd or chelsea enter the frame...lets not forget, bent is a class act and teams at the top make a habit of acquiring such players...

Hasn't Abramovich said he will no longer sanction big money buys. Hence why Chelsea have made 3 free signings already including Santa cruz so they now have 4 strikers.
  • Options
    £16m plus Mullins is good business whatever way you look at it and though it would be gutting to see Parker and Bent leading West Ham to a UEFA place next season I guess we just have to consider what is best for CAFC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Mullins, on the other hand, is a class A cnut - he can fuckin stay at Upton Park for all I care - I'd gladly drop a million to have him not play in a red shirt. He is Palarse through and through and, mark my words, will be a liability for us.

Leroy, are you just saying that because you hate Palace with a vengeance? Pardew must like him otherwise he wouldn't be in for him. I've never seen him play so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As sad as I will be to see him go as I have utter confidence that a fit Bent would see us promoted next season, with the amount of lost revenue from our relegation and the fact that we need funds to rebuild this is as good a deal as we could hope for.

So if it is goodbye then its done with all my best wishes....Totally different to the way I felt went Spotty did the off!
  • Options
    so ipshit get more in sell on than the original fee.

quality bit of business for them
  • Options
    what % do ipswich get is it 25% of the profit over what darren cost us?
  • Options
    i think its 20%, and works out about £2.8bn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] £2.8bn

Billion? Thats a great deal for them........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] £2.8bn
    that's a lot!!! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i think its 20%, and works out about £2.8bn
    BLOODY HELL - are we selling Benty for 17 billion pounds then?!?!?!
  • Options
    darren returns from holiday today so he'll be gone by the beginning of next week probably ;-(
  • Options
    The Sun (yes I know) says he's asked for 24 hours to think about it...........
  • Options
    I'd rather £16m plus Harewood than Mullins.