Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southampton Student Union

Comments

• Options
    You have to wonder what would have happened had the First or Second World War never happened

Women in the Workplace was certainly helped with the Great War happening else they wouldnt have been needed at the time to take over in the factories or on the farmlands - Not to mention the nurses who'd have done such a great / emotional job helping the wounded recover or pass on
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Her statement in response to the criticism.

Well I'll give her credit for an almost full and swift apology.

Still have to wonder why she thought it was a good idea in the first place.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Her trying to promote strong female leadership and then having to apologise for what she said. Its like an old Harry Enfield sketch 'women, know your place'.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Well I'll give her credit for an almost full and swift apology..
    Or was it enforced from the University?
  • Options

You have to wonder what would have happened had the First or Second World War never happened

Women in the Workplace was certainly helped with the Great War happening else they wouldnt have been needed at the time to take over in the factories or on the farmlands - Not to mention the nurses who'd have done such a great / emotional job helping the wounded recover or pass on

war has so much to answer for!
  • Options
    Doubt she means a word of that apology
  • Options

war has so much to answer for!
    I know... Without it what would we have to perv over in the Office all day?
  • Options

Croydon said:

Well I'll give her credit for an almost full and swift apology.

Still have to wonder why she thought it was a good idea in the first place.
    I sometimes wonder if some of the students have any knowledge of history to inform their views. It's pretty difficult to make sense of the present if you don't understand how we got here.

I hope she reflects on the sacrifices made by others in the name of freedom. Maybe her family has a connection she hasn't thought about.
  • Options
    quickly being disowned by the Students union

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018

I went to Essex University

In the past you could talk shit and behave like an arse with your mates and it was soon forgotten about.

These days you have a permanent record of your stupidity.

Privileged white woman complaining about white privilege - priceless.

what has her colour got to do with it.
    Just going by what she said - she's a privileged white person complaining about privileged white people.
    just don't see the need to bring it up personally.
  • Options

In the past you could talk shit and behave like an arse with your mates and it was soon forgotten about.

Just going by what she said - she's a privileged white person complaining about privileged white people.
    just don't see the need to bring it up personally.
    It was the white woman who brought up colour in the first place in her comments.
  • Options

just don't see the need to bring it up personally. if other way round and i pointed out that someone was black you would likely be questioning why is that important.
    It's relevant to the argument she's making otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

• Options
    Croydon said:

A woman apologising !
  • Options

Doubt she means a word of that apology

Bit harsh again. None of us know her. She cant take back what has been done, so all she can do is apologise and as civilised people I think we should except it at face value, unless we have good evidence to the contrary?
  • Options
    Anyone got a pic of what she looks like? I'm saying purple hair is odds on.
  • Options

No but she does have a ring in her nose.
  • Options
    @ValleyGary soon to be seen aboard the arcitc sunrise

• Options
    edited October 2018

Fuckin melt!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Wonder if she has problems with her pussy?
  • Options
    Well, this has clearly had the effect intended.
  • Options

surprising about the hair, but the facial piercing would have been the next choice.
  • Options

surprising about the hair, but the facial piercing would have been the next choice.
    Quoted as saying her favourite thing about Southampton is the 'pretty dope' vegan food.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Quoted as saying her favourite thing about Southampton is the 'pretty dope' vegan food.
    Southampton tourist board paid her.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Closely followed by smelly fanny
    Especially if you’d trodden in dogshit just before you saw her on her way home
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Did she understand what the mural was depicting? Of course those people died to give others the right to speak such disgusting drivel. Doesn't mean they should though. I don't think it is fair to label all students in the same way however. The student Union should sack her on the spot.