Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 27 Oct 2018| 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Have the wheels properly fallen off since Page got injured? Who’d have thought it?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Still seeking clarification on Jimmy's sandwich. I have ten quid on cheese and tomato.

Are you out of your mind? The season of the M&S Turkey Feast is once more upon us. I don't like religion, but if millions of dead people from crusades, witch hunts and all-out wars had to stand for something, then it can stand for the annual return of the most glorious sandwich since I got hugged by two Sugarbabes.
    Phew, I had you down as some kind of cheese and marmite weirdo...
    I don't know how to take that.

With pickle, I suppose!
  • Options
    The thing about this division this season is that appears anyone can beat anybody else. For example Plymouth are 2-0 up at Scunthorpe who are one of Bowyer's fancied teams for top 6.

Second half will be a test of character and desire. I hope we're up for it.
  • Options
    Ben Reeves is readying himself to join the action for the second half. #cafc
  • Options
    The table at half time against Oxford looked very healthy (4 points behind p'boro and 1 outside playoffs with a game in hand). Currently sit 13th, 11 points behind p'boro (2nd) and 5 points outside the play offs
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Have the wheels properly fallen off since Page got injured? Who’d have thought it?

First game really that Solly has struggled at Left-Back

I'd even consider taking him or Dijksteel off in favour of Sarr so that we've a proper left footed player to deal with their attacker
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Please prove me wrong Reeves!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

Bowyer is likely to have a chat with the lads at the half time break.

What do you think he should say...?
    Which lads..?
  • Options
    Turkey feast ?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Dale have only one win at home all season, 3-0 v Gillingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rel="bazjonster">Painful to watch! Classic example of how a team of supposedly inferior players can nullify the opposition simply through a better work rate, desire and hunger to win. Read often on here that this is a 'crap league'; sadly, we're part of that at times.

The new 'short' corner routine is shocking and Taylor's spot kick was poor (should definitely had a second penalty at the end of the half though). No one playing well although Bielik does appear to be the stand out player (for want of a better phrase!). Not sure how to change things? Vetokele for Grant maybe? Definitely not a game for Reeves. Far too physical for him and they won't let him have the 5 minutes he needs on the ball to execute anything of any real substance.

Be amazed if we get anything out of this but would take a point now.

Don't tell bazjonster about Reeves coming on!
  • Options
    Its still October for God's sake.
  • Options
    Unless he changes it up we could score 2 and lose 5-2. Just like the Scunthorpe game. If I was Bowyer I would switch Pratley & Bielik. Maybe bring Pratley off. Bring Reeves on in the middle.

No cohesion first half. Let's see what he does to switch things around.
  • Options

Painful to watch! Classic example of how a team of supposedly inferior players can nullify the opposition simply through a better work rate, desire and hunger to win. Read often on here that this is a 'crap league'; sadly, we're part of that at times.

The new 'short' corner routine is shocking and Taylor's spot kick was poor (should definitely had a second penalty at the end of the half though). No one playing well although Bielik does appear to be the stand out player (for want of a better phrase!). Not sure how to change things? Vetokele for Grant maybe? Definitely not a game for Reeves. Far too physical for him and they won't let him have the 5 minutes he needs on the ball to execute anything of any real substance.

Be amazed if we get anything out of this but would take a point now.

Coming on now.

this should be good.
  • Options
    Wait, did I miss us missing a pen?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Not sure why he hasnt started today...

Unless Bowyer has concerns about his fitness seeing he's been made of glass since he's been with us so is trying to protect him so we get more games out of him
  • Options

There are no wheels left on our bus to come off.

Maybe we can get a couple in on loan in January.
  • Options
    No wonder we are losing to bloody Rochdale with those sort of sandwich choices within our fanbase.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Not sure why he hasnt started today...

Unless Bowyer has concerns about his fitness seeing he's been made of glass since he's been with us so is trying to protect him so we get more games out of him
    Dale will be crocking him first chance they get.
  • Options
    Score within 5 minutes of the second half and we are away :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Listening on cafc player. We sound awful!

Harsh assessment.

I thought @KillersBeard and @StubleyAddick have done well in the first half.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Wait, did I miss us missing a pen?

Whoops is that two he’s missed now?
  • Options
    SUB | Ben Reeves replaces Kystian Bielik at the break.

#rafc 1 #cafc 0
  • Options

I like LB a lot, but he should be getting more out of this squad. Fuck off Roland.

Mid table squad in mid table. LB a mid table manager?

If you think a side with Taylor, fosu, aribo, Cullen to name just a few should be sitting mid table then I'm glad you aren't in charge. Our squad is let down by its size and that is down to RD but in my opinion the players we have available should be doing much better.
    We say the same thing every season. We all think our squad is better than it actually is or it's down to a succession of mediocre managers?

We're in League 1 and not performing - can't blame it all on RD.

• Options
    Odd sub.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

SUB | Ben Reeves replaces Kystian Bielik at the break.

#rafc 1 #cafc 0

WTF?
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half. A big 45 minutes ahead....COME ON YOUUU REDS!

#rafc 1 #cafc 0
  • Options
    So Bowyer prefers Pratley to Bielik at CB?!?!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Score within 5 minutes of the second half and we are away :smiley:

What on the Coach? ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

So Bowyer prefers Pratley to Bielik at CB?!?!

Commentators have said Bielik is injured
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!