Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 27 Oct 2018| 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Well that was shite
  • Options
    Still in the game.

Struggling against Rochdale says it all....
  • Options
    I’m not a LB fan, but I did like the team. Shows how much I know. He has to change the team now to win this game, a 1-1 draw is no good. I’m also not a Fosu fan, but he must start the second half.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Bowyer is likely to have a chat with the lads at the half time break.

What do you think he should say...?
  • Options
    I always thought it looked like a team with little connection between midfield and attack. Reeves and Fosu both on please
  • Options
    The only consistent thing is our inconsistency!
  • Options
    It's still October, but the 2nd half at Rochdale could define and shape the rest of our season.
    3-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

Bowyer is likely to have a chat with the lads at the half time break.

What do you think he should say...?
    "All we got to do is score more than them" :smiley:
  • Options

I like LB a lot, but he should be getting more out of this squad. Fuck off Roland.

Mid table squad in mid table. LB a mid table manager?

If you think a side with Taylor, fosu, aribo, Cullen to name just a few should be sitting mid table then I'm glad you aren't in charge. Our squad is let down by its size and that is down to RD but in my opinion the players we have available should be doing much better.
  • Options
    Lightweight, being pressured all over the pitch, Rochdale better team. Cant see us getting anything out of this game at all. I hope Ward does more in the 2nd half than just moan at the ref.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still seeking clarification on Jimmy's sandwich. I have ten quid on cheese and tomato.
  • Options
    Am sorry but that Charlton team out there is good enough to win any game of Football - Today none of them have shown up though, can barely pass / shoot / tackle and Rochdale should EASILY be 4-0 up ... Now I dont care about how many times we test a Goalkeeper provided the ball goes past him into the net but the fact I can only remember the Grant miss and Taylor penalty is proof we're not creating anything.

Credit to Rochdale, they've been getting in our faces from the off... Sounds like (from the commentators) as though they had an extremely poor game on Tuesday and Keith Hill has demanded a response - You'd hope from the occasional passage of play that there is hope for Charlton and that Rochdale will make a big enough mistake to give us a goal back (and then anything can happen).
  • Options

Still seeking clarification on Jimmy's sandwich. I have ten quid on cheese and tomato.

I'll go BLT !
  • Options
    edited October 2018

masicat said:

Bowyer needs to show us at half time why we have faith in him.

I have started losing faith....

Our results are poor...
    How's his 9 game "block" going ???

"top 2.........definitely". talk is cheap.

• Options
    Leuth said:

I always thought it looked like a team with little connection between midfield and attack. Reeves and Fosu both on please

I'd put Reeves on for Aribo and thats about it

Sadly we know that Ward (who has at least tried) cant last more than 60mins so we need a goal back by then as see our attacking chances ending when Fosu comes on
  • Options
    Piss poor again (so far). Trying to knock it about but consistently being outfought and out-tackled by Rochdale. Karlan Grant was way off form against Oxford and has looked rubbish again today.

What the hell is it with all the short corners? they've all been shite.

I'd give it ten minutes and if we aren't showing a lot better by then bring on Fosu and Vetokele for Ward and Grant.
  • Options

Am sorry but that Charlton team out there is good enough to win any game of Football - Today none of them have shown up though, can barely pass / shoot / tackle and Rochdale should EASILY be 4-0 up ... Now I dont care about how many times we test a Goalkeeper provided the ball goes past him into the net but the fact I can only remember the Grant miss and Taylor penalty is proof we're not creating anything.

Credit to Rochdale, they've been getting in our faces from the off... Sounds like (from the commentators) as though they had an extremely poor game on Tuesday and Keith Hill has demanded a response - You'd hope from the occasional passage of play that there is hope for Charlton and that Rochdale will make a big enough mistake to give us a goal back (and then anything can happen).

Wasn't that Bowyer demanded for us
  • Options
    Feels like the next 45 minutes could be a little season defining. There's players on the bench to turn things around.
  • Options

Leuth said:

see our attacking chances ending when Fosu comes on
    You and I both know that while Fosu hasn't been in form, this is absolute twaddle
  • Options
    Vale have only one win at home all season, 3-0 v Gillingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

...he can forget about shagging our wives tonight...

Looking at that penalty miss, I think Lyle Taylor popped round last night.
  • Options

masicat said:

Bowyer needs to show us at half time why we have faith in him.

I know he's not touched the ball this half yet its not him who has to improve second half - Baffles me why anyone would think this performance is the fault of Bowyer when the players cant even control the bloody ball
    Selections all over the place to be honest. We have a midfielder in defence, a defender in midfield and Cullen offers no creativity on the right of the Diamond.

If a manager as thick as Karl Robinson can work out how to stop our diamond system, Keith Hill, as shown by the first half, will have no issue.

I have complete faith in Bowyer, and I think individual players need to improve, but he hasn’t got the first 45 minutes tactically right and he’s got the next few minutes to fix it.
  • Options
    It's not gonna happen this season is it !
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

see our attacking chances ending when Fosu comes on
    You and I both know that while Fosu hasn't been in form, this is absolute twaddle
    So what makes you think today is the day? - Rochdale have been in our faces from the off, and have given us no room to do anything
  • Options
    Painful to watch! Classic example of how a team of supposedly inferior players can nullify the opposition simply through a better work rate, desire and hunger to win. Read often on here that this is a 'crap league'; sadly, we're part of that at times.

The new 'short' corner routine is shocking and Taylor's spot kick was poor (should definitely had a second penalty at the end of the half though). No one playing well although Bielik does appear to be the stand out player (for want of a better phrase!). Not sure how to change things? Vetokele for Grant maybe? Definitely not a game for Reeves. Far too physical for him and they won't let him have the 5 minutes he needs on the ball to execute anything of any real substance.

Be amazed if we get anything out of this but would take a point now.
  • Options
    Need to change to a 4-4-2 second half. Fosu one side, reeves the other. Get the ball wide and into the box and Taylor/Grant are good enough to score plenty. Diamond is far too narrow and we do not have a good enough out and out number 10 to make it worthwhile, leaves us far too exposed down the flanks as shown once again today. Hope LB isnt turning into KR with his lack of tactical flexibility.
  • Options

It's not gonna happen this season is it !

We all know it won't happen until Roland buggers off but you can't blame LB for giving us a little bit of pride and hope back.
  • Options
    This is rubbish...Roland out now!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Are you out of your mind? The season of the M&S Turkey Feast is once more upon us. I don't like religion, but if millions of dead people from crusades, witch hunts and all-out wars had to stand for something, then it can stand for the annual return of the most glorious sandwich since I got hugged by two Sugarbabes.
    Phew, I had you down as some kind of cheese and marmite weirdo...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!