Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2nd rnd Draw tonight.....Chorley / Doncaster at home

Comments

• Options

I'd love a big draw in the FA cup third round. Far too long we have treated the FA cup as second rate tournament and where has it got us?
    It's a great opportunity to progress and it could be a big confidence booster.
    Play our strongest side i say.

This x 4.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hampton beating Oldham 1-0 a penalty.

Would put this on the main FA Cup thread but like @bertpalmer survey it has gone thanks to @admin
  • Options
    Oh and it was ex addick Chris Dickson who scored
  • Options
    good game so far. lots of incidents.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I'd love a big draw in the FA cup third round. Far too long we have treated the FA cup as second rate tournament and where has it got us?

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    If we were to get Liverpool away Sunday 12pm kick off everyone and thier dog would want to go.
    Huddersfield away Sunday 12pm kick off
    Be Seb and 200 others
    Of course that would be the case . That's the way the F.A cup works and always has.
  • Options

clb74 said:

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    If we were to get Liverpool away Sunday 12pm kick off everyone and thier dog would want to go.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    Of course that would be the case . That's the way the F.A cup works and always has.
    What we've got though beds is people saying they want us to have a decent cup run but then wanting us to get a big team in the 3rd round
    Surely if you want a decent cup run you'd want to play ever game at home against someone in the same league or below.
    We want bowyer to play the strongest team, but how many will turn up for the Mansfield home game 5,000?
    Give me 3 points against Portsmouth any day of the week.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    What we've got though beds is people saying they want us to have a decent cup run but then wanting us to get a big team in the 3rd round
    Surely if you want a decent cup run you'd want to play ever game at home against someone in the same league or below.
    We want bowyer to play the strongest team, but how many will turn up for the Mansfield home game 5,000?
    Do well to get 5,000 for a L2 team in midweek - we didn’t get much over 6,500 for Fleetwood on a Saturday when we have 6,000 ST holders. And cup gates are accurate, with comps strictly limited.
  • Options
    I want us to play shit teams and go as far as we can , stuff playing anyone decent because they’ll batter us .
    If we get anyone decent my sons will be excited as opposed to me pretending it’s great we’ve got fixtures regularly against nobody fc
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    I'd prefer the three points also but lets have both!
  • Options
    Will I need my loyalty points?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    Getting to the third round of the FA Cup should be a formality for us, unless we drew a team in the top 6 of our league away from home. Reaching the third round isn’t a cup run. Get someone big, enjoy the occasion, then back to the league.
  • Options
    not worth a new thread but Oldham are a frustrating team. Much better than their opponents tonight but it looks like they don't want to score! I can see five players they should ship out!
  • Options

Will I need my loyalty points?

As it got down to the last knockings of the draw, I was thinking just that.....expecting us to have the Gills away.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Genuinely don't understand the mentality of wanting to lose in the cup. This isn't the checkatrade FFS.

Yep. It'll get to the stage when clubs won't enter it because they are too busy trying to stay "fresh"
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Croydon said:

Genuinely don't understand the mentality of wanting to lose in the cup. This isn't the checkatrade FFS.

People moan about the checkatrade like tomorrow I will be there but we will probably get what 1.5k If that(think AFC Wimbledon game was 1.3k) but I am sure if we got to the final we would suddenly get about 15k turning up at Wembley
  • Options

Croydon said:

People moan about the checkatrade like tomorrow I will be there but we will probably get what 1.5k If that(think AFC Wimbledon game was 1.3k) but I am sure if we got to the final we would suddenly get about 15k turning up at Wembley
    Probably more. Not interested in the trophy but a nice day out at Wembley to watch Charlton would be great.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Would put this on the main FA Cup thread but like @bertpalmer survey it has gone thanks to @admin

Without justification i might add !!
  • Options

Unlike your survey but like Jesus the FA Cup thread returned from the dead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Croydon said:

Under 1,000, probably.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Under 1,000, probably.
    U think less than AFC Wimbledon, is that just because its only Swansea under 23s
  • Options

Unlike your survey but like Jesus the FA Cup thread returned from the dead
    Thats outrageous !!!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I think it may be our record low crowd tomorrow.
    I can't remember if we've gone lower in the Checkatrade, than we did in the Full Members Cup (or whatever it was called).
    We got 817 & 821 at Selhurst, or something like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Just got the news... WOW!

Breaking the boycott for this one.

IF we can get past the might of Mansfield...

THANKYOU RO...L...AN... oh hold on, it ain't his fault, we have always been shite in the Fuck All cup!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm not slagging off Bowyer here, but he said a draw against Mansfield was the worst result. Implying that losing would have been a better one. Why should we bother going to watch a lesser cup competition when statements like that come out of the club. With the squad we have, Bowyer has a point, I can see that. Just why would anybody want to go? Seb will be there I suppose!
  • Options

I'm not slagging off Bowyer here, but he said a draw against Mansfield was the worst result. Implying that losing would have been a better one. Why should we bother going to watch a lesser cup competition when statements like that come out of the club. With the squad we have, Bowyer has a point, I can see that. Just why would anybody want to go? Seb will be there I suppose!

Why play a full strength team when less than 5000 will turn up
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    clb74 said:

Why play a full strength team when less than 5000 will turn up
    Chicken and egg that. Some people don't come because they know it will be a weaker team.

The direct answer, however, is because the club gets £36,000 for winning and can then get another £54,000 for winning a second round match (regardless of whether the ground is empty).

The reason clubs are putting up with the Checkatrade Trophy is because they get £10,000 for winning a first round match, so I should think they consider the FA Cup money significant.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Croydon said:

Under 1,000, probably.
    U think less than AFC Wimbledon, is that just because its only Swansea under 23s
    741 for the equivalent fixture against Fulham U21 last season (and 410 for the away game with Swansea).
  • Options
    Gillingham only got 308 for their game against Spurs, so hopefully they will keep the "lowest attendance at the Valley this season" award!