Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2nd rnd Draw tonight.....Chorley / Doncaster at home

1235»

Comments

• Options

clb74 said:

I'm not slagging off Bowyer here, but he said a draw against Mansfield was the worst result. Implying that losing would have been a better one. Why should we bother going to watch a lesser cup competition when statements like that come out of the club. With the squad we have, Bowyer has a point, I can see that. Just why would anybody want to go? Seb will be there I suppose!

Why play a full strength team when less than 5000 will turn up
    Chicken and egg that. Some people don't come because they know it will be a weaker team.

The direct answer, however, is because the club gets £36,000 for winning and can then get another £54,000 for winning a second round match (regardless of whether the ground is empty).

The reason clubs are putting up with the Checkatrade Trophy is because they get £10,000 for winning a first round match, so I should think they consider the FA Cup money significant.
    Beggs the question why Roland let's our managers field weakened teams..............
  • Options

Gillingham only got 308 for their game against Spurs, so hopefully they will keep the "lowest attendance at the Valley this season" award!

309 it is then.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

I'd love a big draw in the FA cup third round. Far too long we have treated the FA cup as second rate tournament and where has it got us?
    It's a great opportunity to progress and it could be a big confidence booster.
    Play our strongest side i say.

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    If we were to get Liverpool away Sunday 12pm kick off everyone and thier dog would want to go.
    Huddersfield away Sunday 12pm kick off
    Be Seb and 200 others
    Of course that would be the case . That's the way the F.A cup works and always has.
    What we've got though beds is people saying they want us to have a decent cup run but then wanting us to get a big team in the 3rd round
    Surely if you want a decent cup run you'd want to play ever game at home against someone in the same league or below.
    We want bowyer to play the strongest team, but how many will turn up for the Mansfield home game 5,000?
    Give me 3 points against Portsmouth any day of the week.
    Getting to the third round of the FA Cup should be a formality for us, unless we drew a team in the top 6 of our league away from home. Reaching the third round isn’t a cup run. Get someone big, enjoy the occasion, then back to the league.
    And that's it VG there's some who want us to play a full strength team just so a few thousand can have a jolly boys outing in the third round.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Croydon said:

Genuinely don't understand the mentality of wanting to lose in the cup. This isn't the checkatrade FFS.

People moan about the checkatrade like tomorrow I will be there but we will probably get what 1.5k If that(think AFC Wimbledon game was 1.3k) but I am sure if we got to the final we would suddenly get about 135k turning up at Wembley
    many more than 15k should we happen to make it
  • Options
    True. When we start playing our best side, people are more interested.
  • Options
    Quite confident that if we got to Wembley in the Checkatrade, we'd easily take 25-30k for the day out. Coventry took 40k when they got to the final a couple of years back.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

I'd love a big draw in the FA cup third round. Far too long we have treated the FA cup as second rate tournament and where has it got us?

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    If we were to get Liverpool away Sunday 12pm kick off everyone and thier dog would want to go.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    Of course that would be the case . That's the way the F.A cup works and always has.
    What we've got though beds is people saying they want us to have a decent cup run but then wanting us to get a big team in the 3rd round
    Surely if you want a decent cup run you'd want to play ever game at home against someone in the same league or below.
    We want bowyer to play the strongest team, but how many will turn up for the Mansfield home game 5,000?
    Getting to the third round of the FA Cup should be a formality for us, unless we drew a team in the top 6 of our league away from home. Reaching the third round isn’t a cup run. Get someone big, enjoy the occasion, then back to the league.
    And that's it VG there's some who want us to play a full strength team just so a few thousand can have a jolly boys outing in the third round.
    Might be reading it wrong, but I don't think VG is agreeing with you. I think he's saying we should be making the 3rd round and then enjoy a day out. You've been saying how you wanted us to lose at Mansfield, and don't see the point in getting to the 3rd round.
  • Options

Quite confident that if we got to Wembley in the Checkatrade, we'd easily take 25-30k for the day out. Coventry took 40k when they got to the final a couple of years back.

But they all live in London
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I had Chorley/Donny and Shrews/Salford as my possible upsets (Chorley & Salford wins) .. both draws of course .. Salford away, if they get past the Shrews would have been a good game .. would've like to see us rain on Gary Neville's parade to the FL ((:>)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Nice away tie @ Guiseley will do...

Buggers deserve a good tie after beating Cambridge so impressively and you should be guaranteed to see it on the TV

Maidstone or Ebbsfleet are once again the main attractions for me

If it's Guiseley we could all pop round to @The Red Robin 's for pre match drinks :wink:
    I'm sure Mrs Red Robin wouldn't have minded - was hoping we'd get them actually. Good little ground and decent pubs either side of the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Replay with Chorley away on a Tuesday night
  • Options

Croydon said:

Genuinely don't understand the mentality of wanting to lose in the cup. This isn't the checkatrade FFS.

People moan about the checkatrade like tomorrow I will be there but we will probably get what 1.5k If that(think AFC Wimbledon game was 1.3k) but I am sure if we got to the final we would suddenly get about 135k turning up at Wembley
    many more than 15k should we happen to make it
    At 1st i had wrote 20k, then i looked and last year there was just over 40k there so assuming half the stadium is closed off, and once u take out the special guests and friends amd families of the players and staff, i assumed both teams last season got around 15k tickets but if we got to the final and got 30k tickets i think we would sell them all
  • Options
    we'd get as many tickets as we wanted
  • Options

I’d have no qualms about doing a Millwall and avoiding prem teams till the final.

They got to the FA cup final and Europe. Personally, I’d die happy if I saw us do either of those.

Looks like you are in for long, long life then!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    Might be reading it wrong, but I don't think VG is agreeing with you. I think he's saying we should be making the 3rd round and then enjoy a day out. You've been saying how you wanted us to lose at Mansfield, and don't see the point in getting to the 3rd round.
    I know Croydon
    Why do we need to get a big team in the 3rd round to enjoy a day out, I enjoy all my away days.
    I'm doing Barnsley away and if we were to get man u away , I would enjoy the Barnsley game more.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Croydon said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    I know Croydon
    Why do we need to get a big team in the 3rd round to enjoy a day out, I enjoy all my away days.
    I'm doing Barnsley away and if we were to get man u away , I would enjoy the Barnsley game more.
    Nice to know you enjoyed Mansfield.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Croydon said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    I know Croydon
    Of course, every away day is a good away day, but theres something a bit different watching your team at The Emirates or Etihaad. It'll be a while till we see us there in the league, so cup competitions are our only hope. Spurs away when we lost 3-0 was an unbelievable atmosphere in our end.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Croydon said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

B$llocks to the fa cup.
    Be Seb and 200 others
    I know Croydon
    I agree, all awaydays are good. Mansfield had it's positives even though it was a shite game. I just personally think the day is more enjoyable with a packed out away end, which we'll only get if we draw a big side.
  • Options
    I don't blame Bowyer, but I think it is a disgrace that we have to approach a competition like the FA cup in search a weak manner.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    If we win the replay it looks as though our game against Doncaster/Chorley will be on Saturday 1st December.
    The following games will be available either as extended highlights or single camera footage via the BBC, unless stated otherwise.

Saturday 1 December
    Maidstone United v Oldham Athletic (3pm) – BBC Extended Highlights

The FA fee for extended highlights on a Saturday is £6,750 per club.

Sunday 2 December
    Shrewsbury Town or Salford City v Scunthorpe United (2pm)
    Sutton United or Slough Town v Gillingham or Hartlepool United (2pm)
    Tranmere Rovers or Oxford City v Southport (2pm)
    Swindon Town v Woking (2pm)
    Bury v Luton Town (2pm)
    Rochdale v Portsmouth (2pm) – Overseas Broadcast
    if Chesterfield v Grimsby Town (2pm) [pending replay of Billericay Town v Chesterfield]
    if Barnet v Stockport County (2pm) [pending replay of Bristol Rovers v Barnet]

Saturday 1 December 2018 Second Round Proper
    15:00 14 Plymouth Argyle VS Oxford U / Forest Grn
    15:00 15 Barnet / Bristol Rov VS Stockport County
    15:00 17 Walsall VS Sunderland AFC
    15:00 18 Accrington Stanley VS Ebbsfleet U / Cheltenham
    15:00 19 Mansfield / Charlton VS Chorley / Doncaster R
    20:00 3 Wrexham AFC VS Newport County AFC15:00 14 Plymouth Argyle VS Oxford U / Forest Grn
    15:00 15 Barnet / Bristol Rov VS Stockport County
    15:00 17 Walsall VS Sunderland AFC
    15:00 18 Accrington Stanley VS Ebbsfleet U / Cheltenham
    15:00 19 Mansfield / Charlton VS Chorley / Doncaster R
    20:00 3 Wrexham AFC VS Newport County AFC

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/nov/15/fa-cup-tv-ties-second-round-bbc-bt-sport-151118