Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

There's nothing to read on this thread.

Can't somebody make up some sh*t ?

Ask the Itk people
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

CAFCsayer said:

Everyone is laughing, but in a months time they will have Holmes feeding Tom Eaves... That is probably one of the best front 2 in this division

Feeding Eaves? ..... Holmes never passes the ball.

nobody was slagging him off when he was on fire for us.
    Not slagging him off ..... just saying what I saw when he was here with my own eyes.

fair enough, and to be honest I don't entirely disagree. Fosu does the same, but at least Holmes did something with the ball.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Ask the Itk people
    They are all hitting the F5 button on this thread.

• Options
    There needs to be at least a murmur of info in the next hour or we need to start shitting ourselves.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Holmes was a bang average league 1 player who bizarrely was capable of trying the outrageous. Probably to the detriment of the team and his all round effectiveness. When it worked it looked fantastic, but how many times did he try it.

He’d have been good in our title winning team. He was better than Green or Wagstaff and worked hard as well. He was a good League 1 player. When he was here I’m sure some claimed he was better than Gudmundsson.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Holmes was a bang average league 1 player who bizarrely was capable of trying the outrageous. Probably to the detriment of the team and his all round effectiveness. When it worked it looked fantastic, but how many times did he try it.

He had to try the outrageous because of the shit around him, especially under Slade.

We should know doubt move on as I am sure a few will be on here to say shortly, but you have a short memory if you don't remember what he did for us in the 18 months he was here.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    No news is good new..
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s not how I remember him. Shame what’s happened.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Just for you Oggy

Our fans are probably the most reasonable I know when it comes to someone leaving our club and showing ambition and making their family’s future more secure .
    Honestly I read their well thought out expressed views and never ever think you complete knob .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just sell the club
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

We're signing a bunch of Mexican and Portuguese players - Ariaga, Ariaga II, Bariaga, Aruglia, and Pizzoza.
  • Options
    It ain't over until @Ollywozere tweets he's going home for the night.
  • Options
    Fu k Holmes couldn’t leave quick enough
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Just sell the club

Our famous football club
  • Options

It ain't over until @Ollywozere tweets he's going home for the night.

Night night folks. No signings.
  • Options
    Thought maybe some U23s might go out on loan but guess squad so small we can't risk it.
  • Options

There needs to be at least a murmur of info in the next hour or we need to start shitting ourselves.

Start I’ve been doing so since yesterday
  • Options
    Let’s hope that obscure Algerian lad we signed earlier this month is a secret wonder kid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Oggy Red said:

Just for you Oggy

Our fans are probably the most reasonable I know when it comes to someone leaving our club and showing ambition and making their family’s future more secure .
    Honestly I read their well thought out expressed views and never ever think you complete knob .
    I wasn't talking about Ricky Holmes on that post, OoAah.
    He's a bloke doing his job - and most of us want to better ourselves or earn more money.

But I was just generally expressing our frustration and impatience right now.

Edit: Just read your post again, OohAah .... maybe I've been WHOOOOSHED!

haha :smile:
  • Options

We wanted Billy Arce from Brighton and Dodoo but we didn't follow through quick enough
  • Options
    cazo said:

Fu k Holmes couldn’t leave quick enough

Bed time for you.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

He had to try the outrageous because of the shit around him, especially under Slade.

We should know doubt move on as I am sure a few will be on here to say shortly, but you have a short memory if you don't remember what he did for us in the 18 months he was here.
    If he was so good, how comes he has only played a handful of games above league 1 in his career. I admit I could be wrong, but every championship manager over the last, what 5 years?
  • Options
    Imagining starting the season without a full squad then battling through a tonne of injuries to get into the top four by Christmas. Then your top scorer gets sold and you don’t have any strikers. And you don’t sign a replacement.

If we go up this year, Bowyer deserves a stand being named after him.
  • Options
    Last time I looked we had the amazing news of one loan player arriving - Dodoo. Please tell me I've missed the post that says someone else is on their way.
  • Options
    3 hours left
  • Options

Thought maybe some U23s might go out on loan but guess squad so small we can't risk it.

Can we still send out to non league? I think they like doing that as can be recalled!