Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options

This is worse than 1998 & probably mirrors 1985 for needing to get promoted. Does that stupid Belgian twunk not realise that he will get closer to the price he wants if we are in the Championship & not in League 1. Added to the fact most of the players are out of contract in the summer so now is the time to push on & cement a play off place (I feel autos have gone already). If you think this transfer window was bad, you wait until the summer....

So, you're not optimistic?
  • Options

So 24 players and we can name what 16 is it per match

So 8 players on between 1k and 4K per week that can’t be picked so at best 32k a month or worst 120k a month of players who are not playing but we have to keep paying

We are a third division club losing money like mad with a shit cunt owner

However as a business you can’t win so you have to balance the books some how

We’ve lost Grant and no one should blame Grant for going

And if him going pays towards the wage bill then we have to suck it up and accept it

Agreed, and I also agree with your earlier post about wanting him out and then complaining that he doesn't splash the cash. I have said this myself recently.

But he owns a club he wants to sell and we are in the promotion hunt. He just pocketed 1.5 mil for Grant, he could show a tiny bit of ambition.

The crazy thing is although we are suffering as a fanbase, it would surely help him sell the club! Spend another 500k including wages until the summer, get promoted and it will add 5mil on to whatever someone wants to pay for the club!
    We don’t know he pocketed it

For all we know Bowyer could’ve been told shift of some of the sick note baggage and one of the strikers both who can command a wage

And it wi release enough to get the cover at full back , Johnny Williams , keep cullens wage and I will let you get a second striker but you must use Recco

Now as fans that’s not good enough we want bigger better signings than we let go

However it ain’t realistic and we want RD out and he has us for sale

So that’s our lot and we have to put up with it and so does bow
    Let’s be realistic. He always wanted the Grant money and will take any other money that comes in to offset the operating loss he has himself inflated through mismanagement. Unless he is willing to sell the club for a realistic price he is responsible for the fact that he has to bear the continuing loss.

Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and others are doing their best to keep the situaton afloat but that old bastard, his stooge Murray and anyone else who defends him are destroying the club. He doesn’t get an ounce of sympathy from me.
    There’s no sympathy from me but as a club we have an owner who won’t put money in and we are hemorrhaging money

So what is the solution

Have more than a squad of 24 that are all on less money than our highest earners and therefor not of any real quality or manage a team sheet and wage bill

Like it or not football clubs are businesses and they have to be run like one in virtually all ways

Losing Grant is shit

Losing Taylor or Pearce I don’t rate Bauer personally but loads do and losing one of them would’ve been catastrophic

So if we lost grant and got Williams a full back a keeper and kept taylor Pearce Bauer Cullen

Then the book balance is understandable

Recco gets a chance now and maybe just maybe he will take it we are third division not premier and we give our kids a chance in this league (so the cunt can sell them so he doesn’t have to fund as much of the wages ) who knows what may happen

Realistically what else can happen

He could sell the club.
    It’s for sale you know that I know that we both know that the asking price ain’t the issue

But your answer doesn’t solve the problem whilst it’s not sold so what do we do ?

The clubs a business and the business had to fund its self to a degree because the owner had stopped funding it

So what should have happened

He has turned people away because he wants a fantasy price from others who cannot or will not deliver it. There’s no business logic to the way Duchatelet operates and never has been, so don’t let’s pretend otherwise. It gives him a veneer of professionalism he doesn’t deserve.

His whole approach, from the people he put in charge, to the spending choices he made, to the delivery of the training ground, to the lies he still tells, has been utterly pitiful.

The club is a business but he is a clown.
    Yep he is

But the club still has to run so it makes sense the outcome of this window
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    So we’ve let Billy Clarke go, relplaced him with a journeyman from of all places Gillingham. Sold a 14 goal striker and not replaced him at all. What a bloody mess. Shouldn’t be surprised, typical Duchatelet.
  • Options
    I half think that people would rather him sell the club to the fans or someone like Andy Holt for £1.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

Genuinely would give Bent a go. He wants to still be playing, said on Sky earlier. Not got much choice now with free agents, but it is another body and another body who was here during good times. What is there to lose?

At least Bent could take the bleddy penalties.
  • Options

So 8 players on between 1k and 4K per week that can’t be picked so at best 32k a month or worst 120k a month of players who are not playing but we have to keep paying

And if him going pays towards the wage bill then we have to suck it up and accept it

Agreed, and I also agree with your earlier post about wanting him out and then complaining that he doesn't splash the cash. I have said this myself recently.

But he owns a club he wants to sell and we are in the promotion hunt. He just pocketed 1.5 mil for Grant, he could show a tiny bit of ambition.

The crazy thing is although we are suffering as a fanbase, it would surely help him sell the club! Spend another 500k including wages until the summer, get promoted and it will add 5mil on to whatever someone wants to pay for the club!

For all we know Bowyer could’ve been told shift of some of the sick note baggage and one of the strikers both who can command a wage

And it wi release enough to get the cover at full back , Johnny Williams , keep cullens wage and I will let you get a second striker but you must use Recco

Now as fans that’s not good enough we want bigger better signings than we let go

Let’s be realistic. He always wanted the Grant money and will take any other money that comes in to offset the operating loss he has himself inflated through mismanagement. Unless he is willing to sell the club for a realistic price he is responsible for the fact that he has to bear the continuing loss.

Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen and others are doing their best to keep the situaton afloat but that old bastard, his stooge Murray and anyone else who defends him are destroying the club. He doesn’t get an ounce of sympathy from me.
    There’s no sympathy from me but as a club we have an owner who won’t put money in and we are hemorrhaging money

So what is the solution

Have more than a squad of 24 that are all on less money than our highest earners and therefor not of any real quality or manage a team sheet and wage bill

Like it or not football clubs are businesses and they have to be run like one in virtually all ways

Losing Grant is shit

Losing Taylor or Pearce I don’t rate Bauer personally but loads do and losing one of them would’ve been catastrophic

So if we lost grant and got Williams a full back a keeper and kept taylor Pearce Bauer Cullen

Recco gets a chance now and maybe just maybe he will take it we are third division not premier and we give our kids a chance in this league (so the cunt can sell them so he doesn’t have to fund as much of the wages ) who knows what may happen

He could sell the club.
    It’s for sale you know that I know that we both know that the asking price ain’t the issue

But your answer doesn’t solve the problem whilst it’s not sold so what do we do ?

The clubs a business and the business had to fund its self to a degree because the owner had stopped funding it

He has turned people away because he wants a fantasy price from others who cannot or will not deliver it. There’s no business logic to the way Duchatelet operates and never has been, so don’t let’s pretend otherwise. It gives him a veneer of professionalism he doesn’t deserve.

His whole approach, from the people he put in charge, to the spending choices he made, to the delivery of the training ground, to the lies he still tells, has been utterly pitiful.

Yep he is

Two weeks ago we looked like serious promotion contenders. Other clubs fans shitting themselves about us. Promotion brings increased revenue.

Ajose has gone, and Taylor misses three crucial games. Roland sells Grant and trousers the money. Our promotion push ends here.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. To one person on the whole planet. Oh hang on, seems like you've doubled that number.
    Agree

3 games ago, clubs forums were all talking about G&T in panic mode and were on the back foot before we had even kicked a ball.

We now have neither - promotion rivals have added to their squads - we have lost momentum in the psychological battle imo....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cafc43v3r said:

So what is the solution

Losing Grant is shit

He could sell the club. He could have sold it in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. He chooses not to do so because he wants too much money.
    He could have also appointed a yes man manager in the summer, sold BFG, not signed Taylor, disband the u23s etc etc he didn't.

Because Roland is an arse doesn't make everything he does bad. This isn't aimed at you @Airman Brown it just happens to be your tweet I am quoting. The RD situation is similar to a reverse of the Corbyn attack dogs on twitter, no one can give him any credit for anything with out being attacked on here. Everything that goes wrong is his fault. I am waiting for someone to suggest he stopped Bristol City signing another striker tbh.
    I don’t really understand your point. He is damaging the club (his asset) every week he remains and now he has allowed a situation which makes its future still more precarious because the chances of promotion have been reduced. In lieu of any executive management that is entirely down to him.

I agree that the detail of what happens in the transfer window is not necessarily down to him. It may even be that Bowyer and Gallen misjudged the situation, because after all they are not vastly experienced in transfer dealings and have no one around them who is as support. But I do know that maximising the team’s chances of automatic promotion is in everyone’s interest, including Duchatelet.

Since Eisa was a loan deal there is no evidence that he was prepared to invest even a couple of hundred thousand of the Grant cash in making that outcome more likely. Instead his priority was evidently to claw back more of this season’s operating loss. That is foolish, in my view, and the fact that he hasn’t done other foolish things such as those you mention doesn’t change that.

There is a real risk that the club falls off a cliff at the end of the season and if that happens he will lose out financially as well as us losing out as fans. Be very clear, the club cannot cut its way to break even. There is no equilibrium point. It can only bleed itself to death.
    I agree totally with everything you said, but isn't the real, current, football issue that we don't have an owner who is prepared to pump 10s of millions of pounds into the club. Not the fact that the owner is RD?

Yes lots of things in his gift aren't right, no fit for purpose ceo for 5 years doesn't help, no director of football, the lack of day to day managment etc. As you say we can't break even, outside of the prem, under any circumstances.

If he sold tomorrow, as fans, we would actually want a new owner that INCREASED the annual losses in the short term, to maybe reduce them in the medium term, to possibly even make a small profit somewhere down the line. Not a lot to ask is it.
  • Options

So what is the solution

Losing Grant is shit

He could sell the club.

Yep he is

Two weeks ago we looked like serious promotion contenders. Other clubs fans shitting themselves about us. Promotion brings increased revenue.

Ajose has gone, and Taylor misses three crucial games. Roland sells Grant and trousers the money. Our promotion push ends here.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. To one person on the whole planet. Oh hang on, seems like you've doubled that number.
    @PragueAddick you make lots of good points about the people who shouldn't own football clubs, who do you think should own us? Andy Holt, the fans, anyone not called Roland? Should football clubs be nationalised?

Half of that was tongue in cheek, but if a skint, progressive person were to buy us, the playing budget would be slashed, from what already isn't an inflated squad.

Unfortunately we can't change the rest of football to fit our romantic visions. I agree with your views on 50+1, fan ownership, the rule of agents etc but it's not going to happen until the sky bubble collapses.

• Options
    Anybody else had a shitty nights kip ...
  • Options
    Charlton never fail to disappoint ...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Glad I didn't wait up. Bad business as usual when all the other teams around us made decent signings. Parker signed from tin pot Gillingham. Let's see how he does I guess.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    So 3 out

And 1 in with a worse goal scoring record than ajose

Circus of a club expect bowyer to walk at end of season if we don’t go up - which let’s face it after the last few days is looking unlikely.

probably one of the most frustrating windows as we genuinely had a chance at autos if a bit of bunce was spent.

Not only that we’ve had that jock twat jim white tell us that he was selling.

:(
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

So rhat is it. Luton and Sunderland did fantastic in transfer window. Those 2 automatics. Play Offs - Barnsley/Charlton/Portsmouth and then either Peterborough or Doncaster. Autos out and we will need lady luck in play offs. Thanks for anothef place in League 1 next season.

I know this is not the point but.......irrespective of who we bought and sold in January I am certain that we are nailed on for the play-offs and that the top two is a bridge too far.

The play-offs are a lottery and there is no reason that we cannot get lucky in them and still go up.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Can Parker play Saturday?

No. He's injured.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Redrobo said:

I didn't realise anyone actually took DOUCHER seriously.

I don’t think he takes himself seriously, but he has been on the money recently, and despite all those claiming to be in the know, he is the only one getting it right. If he is just guessing I hope he is doing the pools and the lottery!
    He just regurgitates what's on other sites and Twitter.
    But today he is the only one literally the only one who said still hearing 2 one perm and s loan. This has been backed up by Gallen now after the Parker signing.

Not only today over the last 12 months he has repeatedly gone against the grain and the popular opinion and been right

May have been pure guess work but so what so many wanting to dig him out for no reason other than it goes against the grain
    But he said a loan and a perm, which hasn't happened (yet). If we don't get the loan that's not Doucher's fault, because he reported what he was told in good faith, which makes him and Airman the same.
    This is a glorified loan.

Ffs to advertise a playing coming in as permanent when he's only here till May is absolute bull****.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Redrobo said:

I didn't realise anyone actually took DOUCHER seriously.

I don’t think he takes himself seriously, but he has been on the money recently, and despite all those claiming to be in the know, he is the only one getting it right. If he is just guessing I hope he is doing the pools and the lottery!
    He just regurgitates what's on other sites and Twitter.
    But today he is the only one literally the only one who said still hearing 2 one perm and s loan. This has been backed up by Gallen now after the Parker signing.

Not only today over the last 12 months he has repeatedly gone against the grain and the popular opinion and been right

May have been pure guess work but so what so many wanting to dig him out for no reason other than it goes against the grain
    thanks NLA - the clique know it as well- there are others who are just naturally confused
    No worries it’s about time the same people laid off digging you out every five mins
    not worried - i bring it on myself but all i ever start off doing is posting info i am told - from very good sources - and then the shit starts - if i become credible and trump all other info then it would make some others purposeless so best i stay the pantomime villain - not all info works out, its never going to in football - it doesn't work like that
    Can you confirm one of your sources is from either Parkes, Groome or Murray?
  • Options
    Just looked at free agents. The only one I’d take is Jay Simpson out of pure desperation.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Markg2004 said:

Genuinely would give Bent a go. He wants to still be playing, said on Sky earlier. Not got much choice now with free agents, but it is another body and another body who was here during good times. What is there to lose?

If you’re Darren Bent, about 3 stone. He’s had it I’m afraid. Was blowing out his arse in that vets tournament the other day.
  • Options

So what is the solution

Losing Grant is shit

He could sell the club.

Yep he is

What would you have done then ?

Where’s the proof he trousered the money ?
  • Options
    Only formation we’ve got the players to do is Robbo’s or 4-3-3 now. Roland please just have a cardiac already.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

Would be another two bodies tbf.
  • Options
    So we’ve lost 3 strikers, and. Richard Cawley’s heating doesn’t work,it doesn’t get any better than that folks, cheers Roland, please sell up.