Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Who were Bristol waiting for to release Eisa? :\
  • Options

I actually hope LB walks away

That would be a real statement of what a shit show this is.

I'd respect him for it but he's my only hope right now.
  • Options
    I just hope Roland sells club before we lose bowyer. Can’t see it though think some other club will take him before seasons finished.
  • Options

What an absolute fucking disgrace. Anyone that purchased a season ticket, anyone that’s spent money travelling up and down the country, anyone that’s gave up other commitments to support the boys, should feel completely mugged off. Bowyer and the players have just had their season pulled out from beneath them and made 10 times as difficult by their own fucking owner. Scummy yellow toothed old c**t.

This.
  • Options
    To be fair, the rug was also pulled by Bristol City on this particular occasion. Obviously we shouldn't have relied on this, and Roland could have probably spared 500k for a real signing, but it does seem like we had it in the bag until they decided to be wankers about it
  • Options
    I fear the final part of the season may be a struggle now, and momentum has been lost. All of our rivals have 'increased' their squads, look at Luton for arguments sake, and if they haven't increased numbers they have strengthened in the right areas. We let Ajose go out on loan, sell Grant, Igor is made of glass, RH-F is still learning his trade, Taylor out for 2 more games, Ward goes back to Forest is replaced by Williams, Purrington was needed as Page is still out and Maxwell replaced Steer. What did we do to strengthen up-front? We got Josh Parker from the Gills, who has hardly been tearing up trees. I hope he does well, because he will need to hit the ground running tomorrow, with Taylor still out for 2 more games.
    To me RD has now shown his hand yet again, best thing he SHOULD do now is sell and go, not keep saying he is going to and nothing happens.
    Also gotta say if we had put all our hopes in getting Mo Eisa, we should have had a Plan B and a Plan C, it seems we skipped both of those completely.
    Very disappointed in the outcome, but then why am I surprised after all its RD. I hope to be proved so wrong, but I fear we may struggle to keep up now, especially if Taylor gets two more yellows, he will be suspended again!! What a joke of an owner.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

We brought in Williams , Purrington, Maxwell and Parker, Three of which we know strengthened the squad. . Losing Grant was shit. But we have strong defence, a strong attacking midfield and a striker who will score more then 20 goals this season, midfield needs to step up.. Cullens set pieces will get us more goals as he finds form . Charlton supporters seem to revel in a disaster this is not one. Get behind Lee Bowyers team , il be shouting my head off at Fleetwood as usual. We are in a strong position and need to keep up the momentum COYR.,

The problem is that how much will Bowyer and Gallen take? He’s already worked wonders with just loans, he’s now had his top scorer flogged and replaced with a winger that not even Gillingham fans rate. No it’s not a ‘disaster’ but if we lose the best thing that’s happened to this club in ages, along with a mass exodus of players in the summer, then it’ll be a lot more than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

That's bollocks.

Clarke wasnt going to play. Parker will.

Only formation we’ve got the players to do is Robbo’s or 4-3-3 now. Roland please just have a cardiac already.

We’ll stick with the diamond with Igor or Parker in Grant’s place. We don’t have enough wide players to regularly play with wingers.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I fear the final part of the season may be a struggle now, and momentum has been lost. All of our rivals have 'increased' their squads, look at Luton for arguments sake, and if they haven't increased numbers they have strengthened in the right areas. We let Ajose go out on loan, sell Grant, Igor is made of glass, RH-F is still learning his trade, Taylor out for 2 more games, Ward goes back to Forest is replaced by Williams, Purrington was needed as Page is still out and Maxwell replaced Steer. What did we do to strengthen up-front? We got Josh Parker from the Gills, who has hardly been tearing up trees. I hope he does well, because he will need to hit the ground running tomorrow, with Taylor still out for 2 more games.
    To me RD has now shown his hand yet again, best thing he SHOULD do now is sell and go, not keep saying he is going to and nothing happens.
    Also gotta say if we had put all our hopes in getting Mo Eisa, we should have had a Plan B and a Plan C, it seems we skipped both of those completely.
    Very disappointed in the outcome, but then why am I surprised after all its RD. I hope to be proved so wrong, but I fear we may struggle to keep up now, especially if Taylor gets two more yellows, he will be suspended again!! What a joke of an owner.

What Luton have done is raise a red flag. They’ve been firing on all cylinders so it doesn’t make sense to bring that many players in at the last minute. They must have a problem that’s about to break.

And let’s be honest, Ajose isn’t the answer, if Grant wanted to go then he was going to go whatever was in his contract and after last week’s penalty I wasn’t that bothered to see him go. We’ve got a solid squad with strength in all positions and this season we only bring in players that add something extra. I can’t see what all the fuss is about.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Not what I wanted or expected. But Bowyer and Jackson clearly see something in Parker. We just have to put up with it now.

We have the best defence and arguably midfield in the league. Let's show some grit.

If we have the best defence and midfield and before today had Taylor and Grant - why we not top then?
  • Options
    At least we didn’t lose Aribo!
  • Options

Leuth said:

Not what I wanted or expected. But Bowyer and Jackson clearly see something in Parker. We just have to put up with it now.

We have the best defence and arguably midfield in the league. Let's show some grit.

If we have the best defence and midfield and before today had Taylor and Grant - why we not top then?
    Purrington and Williams were necessary bits of the jigsaw
  • Options
    As much as this hasn't been great, we've still kept most of a pretty good squad together. Evidently we are now totally reliant on Taylor for goals, but it's up to Williams, Reeves, Fosu etc to start chipping in with a few. If we keep Bauer, Taylor, Cullen fit, I still think we have a good chance of winning most of our games.
  • Options
    RedRyan said:

Who were Bristol waiting for to release Eisa? :\

Fucking Grant probably. Did Huddersfield not have someone they could give us?

Why are we the only club who gets rid of players before having the replacement in.

Then we get done over on that exact premise - the other club never got their player in

• Options
    cafc_se7 said:

At least we didn’t lose Aribo!

That will happen in June.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Simonsen said:

That's bollocks.

Only formation we’ve got the players to do is Robbo’s or 4-3-3 now. Roland please just have a cardiac already.

We’ll stick with the diamond with Igor or Parker in Grant’s place. We don’t have enough wide players to regularly play with wingers.
    I was more looking overall not just this weekend. If we play 4231 or 433 we have two for every position.

I’m just trying to be positive to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

‘Then’ we didn’t have the best defence and midfield, now we have...watch this space
  • Options

So we’ve lost 3 strikers, and. Richard Cawley’s heating doesn’t work,it doesn’t get any better than that folks, cheers Roland, please sell up.

The curse of Duchatelet strikes again.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @Henry Irving update the current squad list, if it’s you that usually does please!
  • Options
    Do wonder if there’s a left field out of contract player coming in that we don’t yet know about?
  • Options

Scoham said:

Simonsen said:

That's bollocks.

I was more looking overall not just this weekend. If we play 4231 or 433 we have two for every position.

I’m just trying to be positive to be fair.
    That’s also the case for the 442 diamond. Can’t see Bowyer switching to a 1 striker formation, just isn’t his preference and I think we’re better for it.
  • Options

Do wonder if there’s a left field out of contract player coming in that we don’t yet know about?

You’d imagine they would have been training with the squad this week if so, and be common knowledge.
  • Options

@Henry Irving update the current squad list!

please?
    I edited and added please before you said please..