Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 qualifying

Comments

• Options

Can't really complain with that draw, although going by their Nations league results, Kosovo are certainly one of the better bottom seeds.

nicknamed the Brazil of the Balkans
  • Options
    Happy with that draw, I cannot see myself getting a ticket for Kosovo. Should be alright with the other three games though.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Certainly no easy teams in that group.

We should breeze through that group
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Decent draw especially when we only need top two. Having said that, anything other than first would be a major disappointment.

If we messed it up I could see the Czechs finishing above us but it’d be a big ask for Bulgaria/Montenegro/Kosovo to do the same.
  • Options
    Feel for the Welsh. That's, I believe, the only group with four teams who went to Euro 2016.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Feel for the Welsh. That's, I believe, the only group with four teams who went to Euro 2016.

You feel for them, they should get through in 2nd, Croatia 1st Wales 2nd for me.

Its Northern Ireland you should feel for being in a group with Netherlands and Germany
  • Options
    Scotland obviously have the back up of the playoff spot but if that can remove a bit of pressure I don’t see why we can’t finish second in that group.
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

Certainly no easy teams in that group.

We should breeze through that group
    No doubt, but we're not gonna be playing against any teams full of postmen and bricklayers like you usually get in Qualifiers, the away games especially will be tough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scotland obviously have the back up of the playoff spot but if that can remove a bit of pressure I don’t see why we can’t finish second in that group.

I can... Your Scotland...
  • Options
    Anyone know when the fixtures are released?
  • Options

Anyone know when the fixtures are released?

FA website says they'll be released later today
  • Options
    I don't want to suggest it's an omen but today this Czech geezer celebrates his 70th.

He's the president of Bohemians, the club he played for, and whose fans are in a constant battle to regain and keep their stadium.
  • Options
    Scotland get to go to Russia all be it a year too late
  • Options

Easier to read.........

England v Czech Republic - 7.45pm, Friday 22 March
    Montenegro v England - 7.45pm, Monday 25 March
    England v Bulgaria - 5pm, Saturday 7 September
    England v Kosovo - 7.45pm, Tuesday 10 September
    Czech Republic v England - 7.45pm, Friday 11 October
    Bulgaria v England - 7.45pm, Monday 14 October
    England v Montenegro - 7.45pm, Thursday 14 November
    Kosovo v England - 5pm, Sunday 17 November

Fairly decent start for us, we should have 4 wins from 4 heading into the away game with Czech republic.

Prague will be better to confirm but we shouldnt be worried about the Czechs in my opinion... this isnt the side of old that had Nedved etc. should ultimately be disappointing if we draw more than one of those fixtures
  • Options
    Will probably do Czech game the rest distance and lack of flights/tickets will factor in to me not going
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Get it booked ASAP mate. We’ve just paid and flight gone up a lot already. We’re doung Thur - Sat for £115 with BA. EasyJet prices gone up a lot.

You going to stay on for Bulgaria? I went last time in 2011 - was great. You’d be fine for ticket for that I’d imagine.

Will look at Kosovo but no chance of a ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just booked all hotels for the away trips, always try and do at as cheap as possible most of the time flying somewhere random for a night then getting a train in which is probably what I will do for Prague as haven’t got the dough to book that flight at the moment.

Prices already up and around £200 for a usual £70 flight
  • Options
    anyone know when the registration for for C Republic away is open?
  • Options

anyone know when the registration for for C Republic away is open?

wont be until they have given ticket details, confirmed venues etc usually 2/3 months before the match
  • Options

Easier to read.........

England v Czech Republic - 7.45pm, Friday 22 March
    Montenegro v England - 7.45pm, Monday 25 March
    England v Bulgaria - 5pm, Saturday 7 September
    England v Kosovo - 7.45pm, Tuesday 10 September
    Czech Republic v England - 7.45pm, Friday 11 October
    Bulgaria v England - 7.45pm, Monday 14 October
    England v Montenegro - 7.45pm, Thursday 14 November
    Kosovo v England - 5pm, Sunday 17 November

Fairly decent start for us, we should have 4 wins from 4 heading into the away game with Czech republic.

Prague will be better to confirm but we shouldnt be worried about the Czechs in my opinion... this isnt the side of old that had Nedved etc. should ultimately be disappointing if we draw more than one of those fixtures
    Basically I agree, especially as I thuink we should have the job half done by the time of the game in Prague. I've tended to be pessimistic about England generally but Southgate seems to have swept all that out of my mind.

Right now I can't think of a single Czech player who would walk into the England team, and I'm not much impressed by the coach either. Will update nearer the time though. My Bulgarian buddy who is close to the footie world will have something to say too. When I saw him in summer he was pretty pessimistic about BG football.

• Options
    Me and @bertpalmer just booked our flights to Prague for Czech Republic game.

Hopefully get a ticket
  • Options

Scotland obviously have the back up of the playoff spot but if that can remove a bit of pressure I don’t see why we can’t finish second from bottom in that group.

• Options

Scotland obviously have the back up of the playoff spot but if that can remove a bit of pressure I don’t see why we can’t finish second from bottom in that group.

Unfortunately that is a very realistic possibility with Scotland.

• Options

Just booked all hotels for the away trips, always try and do at as cheap as possible most of the time flying somewhere random for a night then getting a train in which is probably what I will do for Prague as haven’t got the dough to book that flight at the moment.

Prices already up and around £200 for a usual £70 flight

For anyone wanting to try that, here are the airports that might have a direct flight from London, with their train travel times to Prague (to which you must add transit time from the airport

Dresden: 2 hours
    Brno: 2.30
    Ostrava 3 hours
    Leipzig: 3 hours,ish, usually change at Dresden
    Nuremberg 3.35 (actually a bus run by Deutsche Bahn)
    Vienna; 4 hours
    Berlin: 4 hours (transit time maybe shorter if the flight is to Schoenefeld airport)

All at ridiculously reasonable prices, and (except the bus) with restaurant cars that serve draught Czech beer.

I'm Charlton. I know my trains :-)

• Options
    have just booked return flights for prague 209 each flying in and out of stansted.

@PragueAddick any idea what stadium the game will be played in? just so we know rough capacity
  • Options

have just booked return flights for prague 209 each flying in and out of stansted.

@PragueAddick any idea what stadium the game will be played in? just so we know rough capacity

It will almost certainly be Eden, the home of Slavia. Capacity just over 20,000. That's the best they've got. Nice modern stadium, keeps the sound in, but a bit of a pain to get to from the centre, at least by Prague standards.