Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now this is a pay rise!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46289499

£48m more than she was paid in 2017 and in 2017 she earned £217m

Comments

• Options
    You get paid for success.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

You get paid for success.

I fully agree, I was not knocking the lady, good luck to her.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I have the great good fortune of calling this lady a close personal friend, and if you knew her then you would know that a) she gives a big chunk of that away, b) she works like no other person I have ever known and c) she has the most astute business brain of any one I've ever met, or am ever likely to meet.

And she's looking to buy a league one club in SE London?
  • Options
    Should've spent more of her salary on players instead then Stoke might've stayed up
  • Options
    same family who own Stoke?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I have the great good fortune of calling this lady a close personal friend, and if you knew her then you would know that a) she gives a big chunk of that away, b) she works like no other person I have ever known and c) she has the most astute business brain of any one I've ever met, or am ever likely to meet.

And she's looking to buy a league one club in SE London?
    Regrettably, no.

I've tried, believe me I've tried.
    Can't she just lend you a few quid to buy it instead?
  • Options
    That’s just from keeping people’s money when the horse refuses to run. Tight as a ducks arse that firm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasnt the Coates family under suspicion few years ago for tax avoidance.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    bobmunro said:

Does she want to buy a football club?

Ignore, i should just all the other posts before posting:(
  • Options
    Never seen a skint bookie....
  • Options

• Options

Except after Dettori's 7 at Ascot.
  • Options
    would of been close to some until annie power fell, i recall bob on here saying how much it would of cost his company
  • Options
    that's even more than Ray (free sex fife) Winston .. as a private/family business, all dividends and profits are (of course) paid to the family ..
    perhaps she and her kin should splash a bit more on Stoke City, otherwise the Potters could be doomed to a long stay in the Championship and that would be a right drain on resources
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Lend us a tenner @bobmunro
  • Options
    Addickted said:

bobmunro said:

Lend us a tenner @bobmunro
    @bobmunro doesn't carry such small change
  • Options
    iainment said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46289499

£48m more than she was paid in 2017 and in 2017 she earned £217m

Earned?
    No one earns that much. She's a bookie, they take money from idiots. Any other walk of life would call it stealing.
    Well yes she has earned it, she's built a company up from nothing over 20 years, had the foresight to predict the future success of online gambling and is now a billionaire. If it was that easy, i'm sure others would've done it. Good luck to her.

Also no one seems to have mentioned (apart from @bobmunro) that she also gave £75 million to charity last year.
  • Options

same family who own Stoke?

Yes. Dad Peter.

• Options
    Denise is a mother of 5 too.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Ask their lawyer when he/she rings you :wink:
    I can provide the name of the lawyer if it helps, Chips?
    There was a programme a few years ago that looked into people who hid thei
    r money overseas etc, and the Stoke City chairman was asked to interview but declined...
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Ask their lawyer when he/she rings you :wink:
    I can provide the name of the lawyer if it helps, Chips?
    Yes please... Was a panorama programme, would love to hear his view...